Bradford Results & Points

Kruiz 136

Thanks to all who raced. Well done race winners and MoR #137 for winning the final and top scoring.

Heat 1: 236 290 315 39 137 318 202 300 259 320 //291 475

Heat 2: 318 288 331 137 286 259 236 3 202 475 //515

Heat 3: 288 291 315 136 290 39 286 300 331 112 //3 320 515

A-Final: 137 475 286 318 331 291 290 112 259 288 //300 315 515 39 202 236

GN 1: 331 39 286 315 259 136 300 137 202 3 //236 291 112 288 318 475 515

42 pts 137 MoR

33 pts 286 Mr Beef

33 pts 331 Hutch

27 pts 318 db

21 pts 475 rev matty

21 pts 290 Dazza

20 pts 315 Sybe

19 pts 291 Marten

19 pts 288 Ironmac

18 pts 39 LeeK

17 pts 259 Jimmymuk

11 pts 136 Kruiz

10 pts 236 DanSkin

9 pts 112 TomD

7 pts 300 Matty

6 pts 202 Vegas

3 pts 3 Johno

1 pts 320 LSF

0 pts 515 Big Al

On a personal note, I experienced frustration on a new level tonight, after losing internet connection from 4.30pm until about 6.45 so I did no pre-meeting practise. Then I couldn't find the server for my heats. I joined heat 3 and did reasonably well, then all was well for the final but when the server was restarted I was kicked and locked out for some reason (probably AOL related again). Then for the GN I made a good start but was promptly put in the wall hard damaging the car and spun about 3 times after that eventually capatlising on others mistakes to get into the top 10. I was really hoping to do well tonight so to say the least my enthusiasm has taken a dive somewhat, hopefully there's enough left to make me want to race again next week. Obviously that wasn't bad enough so to add to it, my FFB didn't work all night, my brake pedal is being held up by some sponge I wedged behind it because the spring broke last night and the sound has gone a bit '2 dimensional'. :compbang:

Having said that I'm sure nobody else was stricken with such bad luck tonight as that so make sure your all back again for next week. :thumbs_up:

Kruiz

Edited by Kruiz 136

Thanks admin for running meeting.

Well Done Mor and all other race winners.

Not a bad night for me got 2 lucky 3rd places in final and GN.

Gonna miss next week as Im working away so see you in 2 weeks.

The reason you cant get back on server Kruiz is because when admin restart for you they go straight to race so you are locked out (thats what probably happened to me the other week). They should restart and go to practice for a couple of minutes so you can get back on.

By the way this is just an observation not a moan :rofl:

Mr Beef

I feel your pain Kruiz. That had to be the most frustrating evening for myself also although no use crying over it I suppose.

If I could make but one suggestion.

When we have to restart a race due to someone dropping out, it needs to be done as a restart weekend. If we just go to restart race, anyone locked out will NOT be able to get into the server so the whole process becomes needless.

Anyway, thanks for the meeting guys.

Thank you very much to kruiz for running the meeting. You did a superb job despite not being able to race.

Well done to MoR for taking the meeting final. Cant wait to see the replay and see who I need to have a word with for letting you win :rofl:

Again an imporved night for me. I felt more on the pace. The final was disappointing, becasue I didnt race it!! lol!!

I just need to concentrate on not spinning now, and I should start to see some results.

Anyway, thansk to everyone who raced. Next week is the first big meeting of the season, so make sure you are all there!!!

Cheers

Johno

I feel your pain Kruiz. That had to be the most frustrating evening for myself also although no use crying over it I suppose.

If I could make but one suggestion.

When we have to restart a race due to someone dropping out, it needs to be done as a restart weekend. If we just go to restart race, anyone locked out will NOT be able to get into the server so the whole process becomes needless.

I'm not having a go, I'll just explain what happened there in the race I think you're talking about - Johno got disconnected for whatever reason and phoned me asking for a restart, which is fair enough we always say 1 restart allowed. I called for a restart weekend, and what the server does 90% of the time for us is get confused because we have no practise or quali sessions and skip through straight to race. Now as I called the restart weekend vote I asked Johno what he wanted me to do if it hopped straight through to race (the alternative is to remotely shut down and restart the server meaning everyone has to rejoin) Johno opted very generously to just let the race go if it did indeed hop straight to race.

I've asked a bunch of people about this, and this it the best we can come up with. The reason we run no practise or quali sessions is to avoid the fastest men being on pole of their grades, the warmup is still a compromise - promoting a first come first served approach to gridding.

I've appealled before - but anyone who has any better ideas, or knows ways around this or any of the other problems we see feel free to get in touch. It'd be much appreciated. :thumbs_up:

Anyway... Meeting wise for me, I wasn't going to bother and afterwards wished I hadn't - I wish I could come away with something more positive, but that's how I feel.

Thanks for running the meeting Kruiz, I really enjoyed it. Bradfords a strange track, got a real flow to it when you get a good line and nice and fast too. Good to see Big Al seemingly getting the hang of things more on shale. Novice Rev had a good first meeting, got a few moans from people, but he didn't cause that much trouble, and was even leading the final up until lap 15! Not only that, but after he spun (well, it was helped by me but he was already half way there lol) he dropped down to 5th, and then worked his way back to 2nd with a last bend hit on Dazza! Having said that Dazza was extremely unlucky, as coming out of the turn, he was squeezed by Rev up the wall (not intentional though I shouldn't think) and fell over the other side of it (thus 'dropping' off the track and having his car reset) about a cars length from the line! Ouch, certainly cost him dearly in results/points for the night :banghead2:

For me personally, I had a really good meeting, seemed to do ok in the heats but got held up by pile ups at the start of both of them, then in the final I couldn't believe my luck as I got two lucky breaks around the majority of the reds/blues and some clear track to start working my way up the places. Pleased to get something from Superstar after a bad month riddled with PC problems.

So anwyay, I'll see you all next week, where we'll be racing for the first rFactor championship, the UK Open, on brand spanking new track, Skegness, which will be released this weekend. Not only that, but we'll be racing on new grades (to be announced soon - these do not include last nights meeting) so there will be a skinpack out, which is a good opportunity for anybody who wishes to use their chassis change/any new drivers to upload their skins.

I enjoyed a shale meeting at last :thumbup:

I did feel more confident and enjoyed the heats and can't remember making any major mistakes in them which was good. OK I came last but somebody has to.

In the Final, I could not avoid the temptation to try to go faster which led to mistakes and with more cars on track, it makes things worse, so that was a bit of a mess although pleasingly I aren't shown as last :rofl:

In the GN, I knew Rev was quick and he had pole so on the first lap I could already see a bit of a gap developing so decided I needed to stop him. Unfortunately my hit was more akin to HEAT than rFactor and I spun myself, not sure what happened to Rev but I don't think he was too chuffed as he planted me in a couple of times later and I don't blame him. Part of my learning experience, it's hard to resist the odd big hit sometimes but it's something I need to do as they just don't work - well not for a rubbish white top anyway. :king:

My enthusiasm seems to be building, I am looking forward to Skeggy next week.

:thumbs_up: Cheers Drumb, Vegas... perhaps hopefully that's the end of our problems then. Won't find out until there's a few in the server, cant replicate the session skipping without higher numbers.

While we're potentially doing well, any suggestions on what to do with ghosts left in the server after races? (i.e. everyone leaves the server, but it still thinks 1 or 2 are in it - names but no ping are shown server side, and causes the next races warmup clock to start counting down)

:thumbs_up: Cheers Drumb, Vegas... perhaps hopefully that's the end of our problems then. Won't find out until there's a few in the server, cant replicate the session skipping without higher numbers.

While we're potentially doing well, any suggestions on what to do with ghosts left in the server after races? (i.e. everyone leaves the server, but it still thinks 1 or 2 are in it - names but no ping are shown server side, and causes the next races warmup clock to start counting down)

That was a feature introduced with 1255 I am afraid. All you can do is kick them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..