Skegness - 5/6/08 - Results / Points

Kevin

The results were as follows:

HEAT 1: 298, 259, 300, 202, 290, 112, 233, 3, 137, 291, 39, 221, 525

HEAT 2: 318, 112, 413, 236, 315, 18, 300, 39, 221, 288, 515, 202, 525

HEAT 3: 259, 298, 236, 288, 290, 3, 137, 123, 18, 435, 515, 315

HEAT 4: 298, 300, 288, 137, 112, 531, 123, 413, 318, 202, 221, 435, 233 (dnf 291)

HEAT 5: 291, 236, 3, 290, 39, 315, 435, 413, 18, 531, 515, 318, 259 (dnf 233)

GRAND FINAL (UK OPEN): 290, 291, 318, 137, 315, 3, 288, 413, 300, 18, 233, 259, 298, 515 (dnf 123, 236, 39, 112, 435, 202)

GN: 298, 413, 137, 288, 300, 18, 39, 291, 318, 3, 202, 290, 259, 112, 515, 435, 315, 236 (dnf 123, 233)

The points scored were:

Number .. Points

290 .. 38

298 .. 35

137 .. 33

291 .. 33

288 .. 30

318 .. 30

300 .. 28

413 .. 26

3 .. 24

315 .. 21

236 .. 18

18 .. 15

259 .. 15

112 .. 14

39 .. 10

202 .. 6

531 .. 4

123 .. 3

435 .. 3

233 .. 2

221 .. 1

Zero: 515, 525

Congratulations to Dazza on becoming the 2008 UKDirt F1 UK Open Champion for the rFactor league and also for top scoring.

Next week we're at Knockhill for the Scottish Championship.

Thanks for the meeting Kev. Well run, and in good time. UK Open Final replay is attached.

It goes in : C:\Program Files\rFactor\ReplayFridge\Replays if you want to watch it, then it should appear on the ingame replay list.

UKOPEN.zip

Edited by DanSkin

Thank you very much Kev for running the meeting and stewarding the races for us.

Also, Thank you very much to Grasser for the kind sponsorship of the event. We will need an address off you Dazza (PM) and will arrange the details of it with you.

And well done to Dazza for beconing the 2008 UK Open Champion.

Personally, it was the Best meeting I have had on rfactor. After losing my temper in Heat 1, I calmed down and in heat 3 got a well earned third place. In the UK Open, got in toruble early on in all the carnage (please note I didnt cause it for once :rofl: ) but then just managed to avoid the trouble and picked up sixth, all be it one lap down. Grad National was my best race of the night initially, as I was doing rather well untl got stuck a little in some carnage, and then tried to sneak up the inside of Matthew and round I went. I was going to pull off until I realised that I was the only one that could finish tenth so thought I better finish the lap lol.

Anyway, it was great to see some new names in there. Mart #435, Lee #531, and also Spike returned. I would be interested to here how you guys found your first meetings, or return in Spikes case.

Fianlly, next week sees the Scottish Championship. Expect a preview of some sort on here by the back end of the weekend.

Cheers

Johno

8 + 8 + 7 + 12 = 35 ?

We'll skim over the fact that running without his number in his name he is lucky to have been creditted with any points really... Edit - I really didn't mean for that to sound quite so bitchy but it does doesn't it?

The points system can be found on the UK Dirt website in the F1 Rules section.

Edited by DanSkin

R FACTOR COME BACK

ht1 was leading for about 6 laps jimmy and green genie caught me , i managed to hit jimmy me caught my front whhel and his back wheel both ended up in fence. soz jimmy wd on getting 2nd still.

i was still running 6th , as i hit maverick broadside down straight and that was that.i catch johno trying to get out off the spin. finished 11th

ht2 i was leading again made a mistake myself then maverick and dan pass me so gave dan a big hit trying to get rid off both off them nearly works, things went pish from there on.still finished 9th

ht3 leading again was going well cracking few laps with matty and hit a car what spun . lost a lot off time stated up in 8th had a grat battle with db lost out too vegas on last lap for 10th

work at 10 was plz to get three heats in.

i did enjoy last night r factor better than heat more practise it still needs too get on pace was happy with mainly 13,5 on KEYS WAS JUST 1/2 SEC OFF THE MAIN R FACTOR GUYS :thumbs_up:

YES AL i did enjoy it and i out score you m8 :042:

good meeting yesterday from my point of view.

really pleased with my first drive of the night when i managed to spin it on the exit of the first corner :rofl:

managed to then work my way through the pack like a hot knife through butter and ended up with a 6th place :)

shame i couldnt do all the meeting but never the less it was well worth it.

thanks for running the meeting and maybe see you at the next big championchip or a thursday when i have nothing planned.

Well, what a night....

I had a pretty poor set of heats, seemed almost impossible from the red grade (I'm sure LeeK would agree lol) as we were always first to collect the spinners. Highlight of my heats was probably being stuffed by Dazza in heat 3...... managed to catch him whilst he was battling with Marky, squeezed up the inside, only to be met with a corker of a hit which pushed me into Marky, spinning him, leaving us tangled in the fence. Don't think that could've worked any better could it? Lol. Over the course of the night I had a few battles with db too, which was some good hard racing.

The UK Open was a really peculiar race, and I think it really depends on which perspective you looked at it from. First of all, how good did the grid look? I think after a night of carnage, we could only expect there to be a bit, but not this much! It was all triggered with the inevitable turn 1 pile up, and from there, things just got even more hectic. I've never seen so many dead cars, it was literally every bend you had to pick through another one. There was even one or two track blockages, which I thought was an awesome and unique (in comparison to heat) obstacle to come up against. From a personal point of view, I had a pretty rough start and found myself a good 3/4 of a lap behind the leaders straight away. After much messing about, I found myself some clear track and worked my way up to 3rd place. Obviously, having kept out of trouble for so long, it was inevitable i'd be caught by the carnage, and rather disappointingly, that happened when I was only a few cars lengths behind battling lead duo Marten and Dazza, but come to think about it, I only caught up because they were struggling in the traffic when I wasn't, so like I say, it was inevitable. I definitely recommend watching the battle for the title between them two, goes right to the end, with the last but one lap having the deciding factor. So well done Dazza, and well done to anybody that finished in the points, it truly was a tough race. LeeK even gets the award for first wheel off in an rFactor championship race!

So, I thought the race was great, but like I say, it depends from what perspective you saw it from.

Top stuff, and hope to see you all back for more next week at Knockhill (I'll sort out links etc over the weekend), and good to see a couple of new and returning faces last night.

I can't believe i actually had a chance to win the title.

I never thought i would have any chance from the back of the blues.

unfortunately i picked up some suspension damage with about five to go, in one of the many pile-ups.

From that point on it just wouldn't corner any more, and i was surprised it took so long for the second placed man to catch me up.

I did an all or nothing attempt on Dazza when he overtook me with two laps to go. I almost spun him round but he did well to keep it going.

So well done Dazza on a very deserved title, :appl: must have been hard work from the back. I know it was for me :thumbup:

YES AL i did enjoy it and i out score you m8 :042:

LOL what brought that on? I'd have put a tenner on you outscoring me so what's the big deal???

Hope you stick with it now Spike, plus Mart & Lee, great to have new guys joining in.

Cheers all, well pleased to have won it :)

Would like to say unlucky to Marten who drove a good race but just got caught up at the end allowing me through.

And MoR, you've already mentioned payback for the heat 3 hit but in reality I've probably owed you that for the last 10 meetings lol

Cheers to Grasser aswell for the prize, top man, and to admin for running the show too:)

Dazza

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..