Results / Points - Northampton - 7/8/08

Kevin

26 cars turned up to race tonight. First race of the evening was the European Championship which was won by Hutch - Congratulations to him. The race result was:

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP: 331, 291, 41, 290, 288, 74, 137, 531, 8, 413, 315, 525, 112, 3, 259, 300, 233 (dnf 286, 236, 39)

There then followed a full meeting with the results being:

HEAT 1: 8, 291, 525, 112, 290, 123, 41, 39, 286, 74, 500, 515, 52 (dnf 300, 233, 236, 3)

HEAT 2: 288, 259, 41, 331, 39, 413, 8, 315, 112, 531, 500, 123, 11, 3, 248 (dnf 515)

HEAT 3: 531, 288, 331, 290, 291, 315, 259, 525, 413, 300, 74, 11, 52 (dnf 286, 236, 233)

CONS: 74, 236, 300, 233, 286, 3, 500, 11, 515 (dnf 52)

GRAND FINAL: 259, 39, 112, 525, 233, 123, 291, 331, 3, 300, 288, 8, 531, 41, 74, 413, 290, 236, 315 (dnf 286)

GN 1: 41, 331, 288, 74, 112, 123, 300, 500, 248

GN 2: 3, 291, 259, 8, 315, 39, 233, 236, 525, 515, 11 (dnf 290)

21 cars raced the GN which meant we could have raced all in. It is disappointing that so many left.

The points from the meeting are (unconfirmed):

Number .. Points

259 .. 52

39 .. 31

112 .. 31

291 .. 31

331 .. 29

288 .. 24

525 .. 23

123 .. 21

41 .. 20

233 .. 19

3 .. 18

8 .. 18

315 .. 11

300 .. 10

74 .. 9

290 .. 9

531 .. 9

236 .. 4

413 .. 4

500 .. 4

286 .. 1

Zero: 11, 52, 248, 515

Since one of the GN's only had 9 drivers I have only scored both GN's down to 8th place. This will need to be confirmed by the admin team, so the points may change.

Congratulations to jimmy (259) on winning the meeting final (2 finals in 2 days) and also for top scoring.

First of all, thank very much to Kev for race managing and stewarding the meeting.

A big well done goes to Hutch #331. To go from the back of the grid in any race is impressive, but tonight I really thought I lower grade driver would win, so you definately did well to get through the pack. I look forward to seeing your new skin sir.

Well done to Jimmy on taking a second final win in as many days. Certainly was in dominant form this week. Also well done for third in the Grand Nationals.

Speaking of Grand Nationals, its a shame we had such low numbers of cars. Based on people talking about poor driving standards, he thought it best to split the grand nationals. As it happened, we could of ran all in. This is why we ask for you to let us know if you are leaving, so that we can plan grids accordingly.

Anyway, personally, it was a disaster for me most of the night. Spun early in the Euro, poor in the heats, scraped through the cons, to then spin straight away in the final. In the grand national I got it right, and managed to get a good breaks through those in the field.

Overall, I think the double header was a success, and as said, it is somehting different to what we normally do, and I think makes a refreshing change. We need to discuss format and qualification based on theories, but overall it was UK Dirt's best rfactor attendances so that has to be a positive.

Thanks again to all those that took time to plan the event, and to all of you for racing the event, and of course MoR for the superb track.

Cheers

Johno

21 cars raced the GN which meant we could have raced all in. It is disappointing that so many left.

I thought running two seperate GN's was a good thing as it gave me (and others?) a chance to actually get a race in, through all of the other races if i didnt end up facing the wrong direction more than twice i had a good race (which didnt happen!)

Thought it was a great track and enjoyed practicing on it, just a shame that the racing i thought wasnt very enjoyable but thats how it goes. Well done to Hutch for winning the main race and Jimmy for taking the meeting final

Well done hutch well deserved :appl:

Wd Hutch, a well deserved win from the back of the back.

I really enjoyed the euro race, altough I thought it was al over after two laps, when I was in about the last place.

But I managed to work my way back up to second wich i'm really pleased with.

Anyone got the replay of the euro race they like to share?

Cheers

Marten

WD hutch, I had a blue or yellow grade to win it but to do so from the back is some feat. No idea how I managed to climb back to finish third, since I was about half a lap behind everyone(Except Mor Sorry again) after turn 1

After a fantastic nights racing on Wednesday where the dual format worked well, and all drivers seemed intent on racing properly the main meeting last night was a let down for me, people just need to chill out a bit on tarmac.

Wd Hutch great drive from you.

some driving standards need to chill down a bit. (Including myself!)

also on the points i think i should be 11 points as 10 for a win and 1 for a 10th?

Wd Hutch great drive from you.

some driving standards need to chill down a bit. (Including myself!)

also on the points i think i should be 11 points as 10 for a win and 1 for a 10th?

No, Only 8 points for a win in F1s Lee.

Good meeting and cheers to kev for running meet and being steward of races.

Overall happy with a 6th in the euro for a 1st time in a big title race on rfactor,leading near end until back markers cost me but thats racing and really happy with my 1st win even if it was only in a consilation (sorry bad spelling).

Only two things that really done my head in was the ott hitting from some folk (not naming names),they need to be told to calm down abit as its just wrecking folks races.

Another was folk that spun pulling out in front of folk without thinking,surely you have an eye sight thats good enough to see folk coming ? :shrug: Sorry if I sound like I am ranting but it does get annoying for folk at times.

Anyway good meeting as I say,roll on next week.

Walker

Edited by walker

Well, whilst I only raced the Euro last night, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Thought when the grid had lined up, it looked really good, at least worth a screenshot!

post-9-1218208723_thumb.jpg

The start was as unpredictable as ever. Walker and Mav did well to hold their nerve on that unenviable front row and came out of the bend (and the next 10 or so laps) in 1st and 2nd, whilst Drumbstick became the race's second casualty.

post-9-1218208867_thumb.jpg

Grasser was the first casualty as he slowed for the blues, only to get forced around by the rest of the red roofs who were now up to full speed. I got a bit of air as I clipped his car, sending me wide into the bend.

post-9-1218208776_thumb.jpg

As i passed the spun car of Drumbstick, he was just executing a spot turn, which then caught my back wheel, spinning me out (no worries though lol!). That put me in last nearly being lapped by Walker, but I carried on regardless and spent the next 13 or 14 laps on my own. One thing that really struck me was just how close this race was. For those 13 laps, I had the leader in my mirror, and last but one place about half a lap ahead. Thats 19 cars within the space of half a lap for about half the race, with seemingly no carnage for all that time. Eventually heavier hits were going in, people were spinning, the leaders were changing, which gave me plenty of time to catch up. After working my way through a few cars, I found myself in 9th, battling for 6th place with three other drivers (Lee, Matthew and Tosh), which was where the fun really started. This 4 car battle just made the race for me. For a good few laps, we were all going as a 4 car train, coming out side by side, then going into the next bend as a 4 car train again, with the front of queue always having a brush of the fence from the force of the three pushing cars behind. I managed to get a bit of a lucky break with about 3 to go and come home 6th (or 7th as Dazza forgot to fit his transponder). That battle ensured I came out of that race and the evening with a smile on my face. Excellent stock car racing!

post-9-1218209087_thumb.jpg

Well done to Hutch for taking the title with Marten not far behind.

post-9-1218209122_thumb.jpg

See you all at the World Final meeting!

MoR

With starting at the front - which I am enjoying ;-) - I don't tend to see the "naff" driving thats been mentioned. I just try and get away, hoping not to be caught.

This happened last night and to actually get round the first corner of the Euro, without losing it, was amazing, and to actually be in 2nd place for quite a while was just exceptional. Everytime I watch the replay I kick myself for making one small error, which lost me the 6th place I had with four laps to go, but having said that I am extremely pleased with finishing the race in 11th, especially as it was a closed grid and 25 laps long.

As for the remaining meeting, I would have loved to have won my heat, but again 3 laps to go I was caught and rather than balls it up with a daft move I settled for the third place.

Final was yet another high - to drop to 8th and then fight back to 4th and keep it was exhilerating - I was shaking on the last lap hoping that Grasser didn't get through!!!

Talking of Grasser, I apologise for the contact in the GN, I wanted to try and see if I could use the bumper (as I couldn't afford to score anymore points!!), but hit the side of your car rather than the back bumper. Fortunately it didn't loose us anything in the end, but I will just have to practice more as when I get upgraded I may need to rely on correct hits to get anywhere!

Well Done to Walker won won a race :banghead2: but as it was his birthday I will forgive him !!! We had some good laps up there at the front, all fair and challenging.

Also WD to Jimmy, fast over the two days, but mighty heavy with the bumper at times!!! Congrats on your two final wins, but I am glad you are now blue as I can have abit more of a breathing space!!!!

Well Done to Hutch for Euro win and to all those spirited drives from drivers from the back. :thumbs_up:

Will I venture onto the shale next week - We shall see!!

Edited by Mav - 641

Sorry forgot to add - Euro Replay :)

Nice pictures MOR - one to treasure for me :)

Thanks mav for reply :thumbup:

Must admit one of the races when me and you were fighting for 2nd was brilliant,best race I have had since I started F1s on rfactor :thumbup:

Well done Hutch on winning euro. Well done mav and walker on a good meeting and wd walker on your first win, yours isn't fair off mav!. Sorry to all if I was hitting to hard, I will try to tone it down from next week onwards. Really enjoyed the 2 meetings weds + thurs for obvious reasons! cya all next week :042:

Well, quite a destructive 2 meetings for the 233 car, got a decent result in the final though which made up for it and proves that it doesnt all go wrong sometimes....Was catching Mav right at the end, another lap and I could have made the move but was too far back on the last lap. Have to say that Mav really is starting to get to grips with it all now.

WD to hutch on the euro, great drive from the back and to jimmy for winning both finals and RM'ing as well which isnt easy. :thumbs_up:

that 4 car battle was epic MoR. never had that in a race before in all the time ive raced f1s.

it went on for godknows how many laps. it was just superb lol. it was either me hitting the wall from matthew then yourself, then lee putting you in, all hard but fair racing lol.

in all off that aswell none of us spun out. gr8 pics btw

I thought splitting the Gn's was the right move as we had just had a Final that was full of cars everywhere, and I was somewhat ecstatic to score in it by getting 10th place.

I must admit to being gutted to have that taken away by a change to the scoring because the other GN only had 9 cars in it. It's taken me weeks to "score" too. :3: Hardly worth the effort was it...

I thought splitting the Gn's was the right move as we had just had a Final that was full of cars everywhere, and I was somewhat ecstatic to score in it by getting 10th place.

I must admit to being gutted to have that taken away by a change to the scoring because the other GN only had 9 cars in it. It's taken me weeks to "score" too. :3: Hardly worth the effort was it...

Hi Al,

Be Jubilant again m8, as I am sure the GN result will stand with full points, when everything is updated. :thumbup:

You deserve the "Point(s)" as you got better as the meetings went on, and hope you did enjoy the double meeting.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..