Shame on you Gordon

Mart 870

Taken from the Brisca F2 site

#7 Gordon

Moodie

updated 24/09/08 Statement, issued on Wednesday 24th September 2008, from the BriSCA F2 Board of Control Technical Committee.

Extensive checks of the carburettor used by Gordon Moodie in the BriSCA F2 World Final race at Bristol on Sunday 14th September, were made on the day by members of the BriSCA F2 Board of Control Technical Committee. This was followed by an in depth conversation with Ford Motorsport division, plus a comprehensive review of the technical data for the permitted carburettor, issued by Webcon. The suspect part was also taken for an independent engineers’ report. All inspections have confirmed that the part had been substantially reprofiled/enlarged from 26mm in the area of the choke size. Following this it was deemed that the carburettor was outside of the current rulebook, and therefore an illegal part.

Furthermore, initial tyre checks on the day, with the official BoC Tyre Sniffer, proved conclusively that the readings from the Gordon Moodie (7) car were outside of the permitted parameters. The first six cars were checked and all except those on the Gordon Moodie (7) car returned readings of between 0 and 20. Those on the Gordon Moodie (7)car returned as follows: Two front tyres - 25: Near Side Rear – 40: Off Side Rear – 200. The readings obtained clearly indicated that the tyres had been tampered with, and were not standard Yokohama tyres, as required by the Rulebook.

The BriSCA F2 Board of Control Technical Committee took everything into consideration and issued Gordon Moodie (7) with a ban from racing until 31st December 2009. It should be noted that in accordance with Rule 151, a driver is liable to a maximum penalty of a life ban if found with an illegal engine.

The Committee would also like to make it clear that the infringements are a statement of fact, and not subject to appeal. The driver does, of course, have the opportunity to appeal the length of the suspension

What a stupid thing to do, he`s obviously a very talented driver so why let it go to waste?? He`s let his fans down, his fellow drivers down and the very sport , even my Mum has said she wants her money back from the WF cos he`s spoilt the big race!

Even the most blinkered of Moodie fan must now realise he knew what he was doing and must be ashamed of him.

shame, that someone so good needs to do the things above, :( Even the people who hate him (trav ;) ) has to admit that he is a class above the rest.... you've only got to watch him... reads a race unlike most... and i'm sure he would have still won the world in a legal car....just a pity he wasn't in 1.... think he's got what he deserves and just hope he'll be back and would have learnt his lesson...

Should Gorden Moodie be stripped of the titles he's won?I went to the world final and filmed the race

and it seemed to me something was wrong because nobody could even get close to him.

A few weeks earlier Gorden raced at Bristol and nobody could get close to him,What a crying shame

this has happened because Gorden is a very good driver.Gorden has let everybody down but most

of all he's let his fellow drivers down because they now know what he is,Building bridges could be a

very hard thing to do after his ban is complete.What a shame.

• 4 weeks later...

Absolute disgrace that BriSCA f2 have let off that idiot with a shortened ban.

When/if he races again, and I really hope he doesn't, every race and every title he's involved with will have the crowds shouting cheat - there will always be that doubt.

When/if he races again, and I really hope he doesn't, every race and every title he's involved with will have the crowds shouting cheat - there will always be that doubt.

we will be booing him and calling him a cheat anyway m8 nowt will have changed for us lol

ave been booing and shouting cheat since the first time he got caught ages back.

ave been booing and shouting cheat since the first time he got caught ages back.

I heard the mob were cheats in bangers.......hiding behind the goal posts at cowdie :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
My new desktop......

post-99-1228243673_thumb.jpg

Didn't wait long to make that, did you? :lol: I thought this thread had 'ran its course', you're just gonna stir it up again :shrug:

Imo, i believe that it can't be forgotten that easily and i third the opinion Ironmac.

and i do like that Kendo

lol

Spud

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..