Speed Test

Chewy102

are you only paying for a 2 meg connection? Coz thats what you got!

I'm only on the basic Broadband package at the moment and still living out in the wilds just a bit closer to an exchange than before. Ping used to be my main problem with it regularly over 200.

48 looks good though?

Wouldn't mind a weeks trial from admin before I pay again as I wasted my £20 last year... :3:

Have you run adaware or ccleaner and made sure all other apps are closed b4 you run your speed test? you might be able to get your ping down a little more.

Got 3350 download once Ad-aware was run.

Might try it out on one of the free leagues before paying for UKDirt again

Have you run adaware or ccleaner and made sure all other apps are closed b4 you run your speed test? you might be able to get your ping down a little more.

Got 3350 download once Ad-aware was run.

Might try it out on one of the free leagues before paying for UKDirt again

or test your computer on a wreck up server 82.136.24.19 open allday need 2 people to race on it

im with bt aswell chewy its only suppose to be 2mb ive had it for years but my results on speedtest came back as 413 upload and 5869 download with a ping of 76 im thinking of changing to virgin not sure yet tho

im apart of virgen media and the connection is goodfor racing online

I did a speed test and even paid and downloaded the speedtest pc improver.

This was because my laptop would loose connection on regular occassions or just be bloody slow.

Anyway, I scored 1970 pre Virgin Media update, then scored 9419 downoad 479 upload with 46 ping in July last year.

Now Virgin Media have sent me an e-mail this week to say I have been upgraded to 10meg from 4meg ??? (paying for 4meg).

Tested results are here but its crap - definately not 10mb, no wonder I struggle online!!! Dunno what to do to get the service I require and pay for.

post-37-1227648751_thumb.jpg

Raced on ATR tonight to test my connection and it seems fine. Ping sat around 44 - 48 all night.

I did however regularly get booted from the server with a Multiplayer not suspended error.

From memory tried to change compatibility but didn't help...

Suggestions?

mav from what i have found out by parents talking (more raging) at bt customer service is that its anything UP TO the speed that they say so we are basically stuck in the middle. paying for 8mb and getting 3/4mb most days and sometimes it goes up and down???? weird :(

Not being funny but my download speed is lucky to be half of what your getting Chewy and I never have any problems, I will only warp if I leave MSN or something on! ...... On a wireless connection.

Yep I tried it out last night in ATR's Jolt and it was fine. Only problem was the Multiplayer crash every 2nd race and I'm led to beleive that was a dual processor issue which I now know how to resolve (fingers crossed) thanks to Kev McQ.

Just took the test on the site above, got 4.63 the other day i got 1.something. i think its a bit of a rip off that isps can provide anything up to what you pay for its basically daylight robbery and should be illegal.

also just did a speed test on speedtest.net and got a higher result, which do i believe?

post-6678-1228082682.jpg

Edited by stig727

hi after reading these posts yesterday i went home and down loaded ccleaner. my computer is 1 year old and is fully upto date with defrag and disc clean up and ccleaner has still found 814 faults, to deleate these faults it says i hav to register at a cost of $10. what i wud like to know is it worth paying for this program or is there sumwere i can get the key for free and also how safe is this program to use will it remove anything important

whitch wpould be the best program to use ccleaner or adaware hope sum1 can help thanx andy

Edited by andy8160

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..