RFACTOR skins

Tosh924

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my new tarmac car for next season on ukdirt - Really happy with how they turned out.

Comment are welcome good or bad :)

lovely job walker (but check your spelling.....vehicle ;) )

Cheers wrighty - Doh never noticed the spelling of vehicle till now :scared15:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have just picked up my 2010 shale car and fitted wing,shocks,engine,gearbox and diff of my own. now to get abit of racing done before it goes away to get its 2010 paint job and signs ;)

thanks to who done the original skin,top job done on it :bow:

post-6-1262400473.jpg

can anyone help me as im lookin for a set of crx rims as per pic for my 2010 tar car when it's finished :scared15:

we (well, Hooty actually) had a good go at modelling them for the beta m8, it was pretty impossible to get the detail and the shapes and keep the poly count for the wheel within an acceptable level (for reference, the wheels are LOD'd in the same way that the cars are, to balance the close detail we can show in rf with the requirement for a couple of dozen cars on track simultaneously so the basic limit we work to is 1000 polys per wheel in highest detail level....i've got a couple of new wheels that i was working on that may make it into the mod but even 1000 polys is a tight limit, bearing in mind that that includes the full tyre and rim back, rim material 'thickness' etc. Hooty tried long and hard to make those wheels, believe me m8 (i'm talking days here, not hours) and we couldn't get down to our required limits.....sorry but they're a :3:

aye fair do's like, just was thinkin they look nice :)well hooty tried and i cant ask for more than that and i bet he was not happy he couldnt do them.

look forward to seeing new wheels if and when we get them :)

Edited by Pedz 212

is there any chance that we cud maybe have a section just for real life skins for people to share and add to their game ??

hi Mo,

we've got a thread for real-life skins on UKSOM forum where we're asking people to post their submissions for the upcoming release :thumbs_up:

ok cool thanks wrighty, much appreciated :)

Some how i doubt wheels would be that high poly they would choke the servers lol

its a pity the racesimcentral forum's expired.....i could have a trawl through there for the details on recommended lod sizes......or that post that says 'if in doubt, Hutch knows best' ;)

Trawl through posts that were made years ago on older pcs out of date graphics ye mean wrighty lol

We're not all on laptops lado

00imallrightjackos.jpg

(and as far as i can remember it wasn't the rim with the slots around the rim edge)

Edited by wrighty496

Here's a couple of pics of my tarmac car for 2010. Gone for something quite different this year colours-wise and upgrades-wise....... won't be everybody's cup of tea but I like it (always had a thing for downbars!) and sure it'll stand out lol!

post-9-1262891962.jpg

post-9-1262891983.jpg

Cheers

MoR

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..