HMC 2009

Aub

I agree it's over rated now

It's ALWAYS been over rated IMO!

Too greasy so the hits when they come 9 times out of 10 go in sideways as old matey who is doing it puts his foot down for the big one and nearly spins out. Went for a few years and always came away thinking it wasnt worth the effort (and that was before FWD)

Too greasy so the hits when they come 9 times out of 10 go in sideways as old matey who is doing it puts his foot down for the big one and nearly spins out. Went for a few years and always came away thinking it wasnt worth the effort (and that was before FWD)

Got to agree. I've been to a few HMC's and never thought they were great.

Don't get me wrong, seeing 230 odd bangers is great and I don't expect epicly epic follow-ins by every car on every corner! It just never seems to live up to expectations for me and thats why I turned down a lift even tho Standlake is one of the best tracks around.

Edited by Leeroy186

so what standlake track surface isnt the best and wen wet is slippery so there for you been beofre why go again if ya think its stilll a nice bunch of diffrent cars and some cracking crashes (wiggy should be told his jags not a hot rod) and ppl need to hit pikey and not worry about payback other than that still a gd meeting year in year out so hush ya gums and deal with it think you need to have raced there to apreciate how difficult it is to get round there quickly

Edited by Bumble765

What people need to appreciate is the surface at standlake is somewhat unique as its slippery even when its dry. Its not an easy track to get round quickly last Sundays meeting proved that. The surface was frozen at the start of the meeting and the bends were refreezing all the time coz of the overflow water from the cars. I enjoyed the meeting as I know what to expect. There were some cracking hits and follow ins and seeing the likes of Overy and Ahern chucking it round in proper sideways style is always good. I challenge you to race the lake, it sorts the men from the boys, Then you can put it down.

Got to agree with g-man (something goign seriously wrong here) Standlake is certainly unique, it may be a crap hole but the track istself is great. Raced a sunny there on a very soggy day and have great fun wheel spinning it through 1st and 2nd and jsut giving it full lock roudn the corners with it full chat jsut spinnign the wheels up. Would love to have a go there in somin rwd.

Raced a sunny there on a very soggy day and have great fun wheel spinning it through 1st and 2nd and jsut giving it full lock roudn the corners with it full chat jsut spinnign the wheels up. Would love to have a go there in somin rwd.

Sounds thrilling :rolleyes:

What he said!

Got to agree with g-man (something goign seriously wrong here) Standlake is certainly unique, it may be a crap hole but the track istself is great. Raced a sunny there on a very soggy day and have great fun wheel spinning it through 1st and 2nd and jsut giving it full lock roudn the corners with it full chat jsut spinnign the wheels up. Would love to have a go there in somin rwd.

:o agree with me! not again lol!

Edited by G-man

3rd year on the trot i have been to hmc only watching this year,dont think ill be bothering again as i did'nt really think the meeting was that good certainly not worth the 4 hour drive each way thats for sure.yea there was a few good hits but to be honest it go rather boring watching peeps spin out.yea i know its a slippery track from when i raced there so i no its not easy to drive round there but thats the problem....you think how much money he took form that meeting yes i know they pay out a few quid too but the place aint changed in the last 3 years how about a bit of investment into the pits ie a load of hardcore put down to stop all da rubish getting on to the track,hire toilets in for the big ones there not that expensive as wen i got there at 9.30 all 3 FILTERED pots was over flowing and that was before the main crowd had arrived. sorry for the rant

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..