What games did you use to play as a kid??

davey boy

just thought id start this thread to see what people use to play when they were younger and see what games people come out with and if any of us remember them.

Me i was more of a megadrive lad that use to play all my boring days inside playing games such as:

Sonic the Hedgehog

post-278-1235217910.jpg

Streets of Rage

post-278-1235217949.jpg

post-278-1235217993.jpg

Golden axe

post-278-1235218039.jpg

Ive just recently bought a game for the XBOX360 called Sega Megadrive Ultimate collection which has 40 of the classics from the megadrive including all the streets of rage, all the sonics and even all the golden axes, if you loved the megadrive and these games i highly reccommend that you look into it.

Good thread davey :thumbs_up:

Old games I used to play all the time as a kid but my two favourites had to be distruction derby and distruction derby 2 when I was a kid :thumbup:

post-7406-1235220767.jpg

post-7406-1235220779_thumb.jpg

Edited by Walker363

I used to play "Hungry Horace", & "Centipede" on the Commodore 64. :o

When I progressed to a PC, I played Demolition Derby, but mostly Football Manager Sim games.

My most favourite games that I used to play for hours on end, possibly more hours than I have in UK Dirt was "Transport Tycoon", "Colonisation" then "Civilization" & "Civilization II" - I still am unable to get my Space Ship built prior to the years running out and the game effectively ending!!!! Oh the good old days :)

I still have the original Destruction Derby downloaded onto my PS3 and transferred onto my PSP. Driven to Destruction on PS2 was good but more modern.

My first racing game was pole Position for the Atari 2600 which I spent what seemed like years playing, before the C64 arrived with me and Andy spending our school holidays on Grand Prix Simulator, Kikstart, Continental Circus and BMX Simulator.

I have the Megadrive Collection for the PS3 Davey, excellent fun and the Sonic collection still play extremely well even by todays high standards.

Edited by Trash

I still play destruction derby 2 on the ps2 lmaoo!

I still play on the ps2 for these games and even the Final Fantasy Series.

When I got the megadrive collection yesterday it just brought back so many memories as a kid and how much i would love to go back to that age lol

I remember playing games like Harrier attack and spy hunter on my Amstrad CPC464, that was prior to getting a commodore amiga 500 when the first game I had for that was lemmings which is still a classic now. Had loads of games on the amiga as it was when software pirating really took off in my school lol! Oh also had an atari 2600 with pacman, manic miner, digdug?? and some real pants grand prix game lol.

Yep still play Driven to destruction and all the Destruction Derbys on the ps2, DD Raw probs being my favourite one. Driven to destruction would of been so much better with better engine sounds and a longer career mode, although really the damage aint that great either but still good fun.

As i cant belive no one has said it yet i will..... Mario kart on the snes :)

other games i liked in my youger years smackdown the first 1 4 player mode on that was bloody fantastic. F1 97 on ps1. I was a nintendo boy so all the mario games i spent alot of hours on:)

think we all played them games above at some point.....heres a good few i played on the spectrum 48k..

me and hutch used to play 3d stockcars 1 and 2 and also 3d grand prix . must be going back at least 16 years ago.

how times have moved on racing online in your own house to sharing 8 keys on a keyboard in 2 player battle mode :king:

post-1117-1235298880_thumb.jpg

post-1117-1235298897.jpg

post-1117-1235298903.gif

post-1117-1235298913_thumb.jpg

post-1117-1235298924_thumb.jpg

post-1117-1235298932_thumb.jpg

post-1117-1235298940_thumb.jpg

post-1117-1235298948_thumb.jpg

post-1117-1235298958_thumb.jpg

post-1117-1235298965_thumb.jpg

post-1117-1235299012.jpg

I remember some of those Tosh! Going back some.. lol

Allways remember playing on an Amiga, with the floppy disk drive in the keyboard lol Some game where you were an egg shaped character, cant remember the name of it and its bugging me lol,

Mario on the Nintendo is where I spent most of my childhood! getting to world 8 ( I think! ) then having to switch it off as it was bed time! no saved games back on those so had to start all over again, never did complete that...Think im going to go dig it out the loft... lol

I remember some of those Tosh! Going back some.. lol

Allways remember playing on an Amiga, with the floppy disk drive in the keyboard lol Some game where you were an egg shaped character, cant remember the name of it and its bugging me lol,

Mario on the Nintendo is where I spent most of my childhood! getting to world 8 ( I think! ) then having to switch it off as it was bed time! no saved games back on those so had to start all over again, never did complete that...Think im going to go dig it out the loft... lol

Dizzy :thumbs_up:

How could I forget 3D Stock Cars, had it on the C64 and it was mega, drifitng my Mini looking thing round the tracks. Used to get to play all the games as when we got started with the business the main things we sold were C64, Speccy and CPC464 games so just took the ones home I wanted to try. Used ones for £1.25 each, trade em back in for 50p. Nearly 20 years later and we still do the same business, just the games look slightly (!) better these days lol.

Run The Gauntlet was good (as was the Tv show!) when you could get it to load, you had about 5 different races to do and then the assault course, 9 times out of 10 it would freeze during the 5 minute loading time for the last level!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..