warp probs!!!!

kendo912

I wonder if anyone can assist me at all before i throw my computer out of my window!!!

When playing online i seem 2 warp 2 or 3 times each race, i have followed all of the ukdirt's suggestions of the tweaking guide but i still warp!!

Scrapman53 has assisted and my wapring has become less frequesnt but obviously i am a bit worried 4 the coming season.

I have ad aware, spybot, changed the configuration, amended the vitual memory, degragmented my pcand even when going on2 ukdirt connected using the 33k modem option!

I have a 1 mb broadband connection which i share with 2 housemates (one of which uses e-donkey permanantly, so stuff is being downloaded on a seperate pc while i'm on ukdirt). We each have a linksys wireless connection on our computers and a main rooter.

Does anyone think it would be possible to play uk dirt online without warping without having 2 ask my housemates not 2 be online while i am!!!!????

Any suggestions would be welcomed, as i dont know anything at all about messing with my wireless connection!

I have a 1 mb broadband connection which i share with 2 housemates (one of which uses e-donkey permanantly, so stuff is being downloaded on a seperate pc while i'm on ukdirt).

1619[/snapback]

TBH that could possible be the problem, my sister does the same, so i throttle her neck for it lol. No matter how good your connection is i think its going to affect it some way or other. Even little thing like my sis being on msn effect me, everytime i heard the ching of someone signing in my screen jumps abit, and i probably jump on others too.

I do seem to remember Dino suggesting i could maybe get a piece of software which throttles the connection, controls how much of it each computer gets. You could then set it so that the other hosuemates get about a quater each and u get a half? Just a thought, i've never got around to trying it myself, might work.

Cheers MoR

Edited by MoR137

Hi

Not sure if you have a firewall or virus scanner ?

If not you could have a virus or trojan on your computer.

Try these online scanners to search your hd....

House call virus scanner : HERE

Trojan scanner HERE

Maybe worth a try shrug.gif

Munster.

We each have a linksys wireless connection on our computers and a main rooter.

1619[/snapback]

I had this problem on my Linksys wireless conection when I installed Windows SP, If I uninstalled SP2 everything was fine, I tried several patches but nothing worked so I uninstalled SP2 for good! Not the ideal answer but it works.

thanx all for your suggestions.

i dont have any viruses or trojans (thanx 4 the link-quite handy for the future though as well) .

I will uninstall sp2 2 see if that helps-i'll try it 2nite in the f1's if there is anyone there about 9ish.

Once again thanx for your help every1

kendo912

Guest Scrapman53

On a decent 56k connection I used to get around 160 ping, so if you're above that then try it without any of your m8s being online, see how you get on.

aha! My ping rate when my house mates are online varies between about 100 and 300!!!!!! 3.gif

However when i have the connection 2 myself then i run between 40 and 60!, hence probably why i warp so badly!!

My mates have agreed to allow me 2 have the connection to myself every monday night so i can do the f2's!! thumbup.gif

Thanx for everyones suugestions on my warping probs, but i think the only way that i can play any more formula is with a totally seperate connection or have my current connection 2 myself more often (doubt that is going 2 happen!) so for this year i will do the f2's only!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone oknow of this software so that i can limit each compuuter on my network to a set amount of bandwidth so that i can have all angles covered on race nights-just thinking of a last resort!!!

Google seems to come up with a couple of suggestions such as softperfect bandwidth manager but dont know if this should work????

TBH that could possible be the problem, my sister does the same, so i throttle her neck for it lol. No matter how good your connection is i think its going to affect it some way or other. Even little thing like my sis being on msn effect me, everytime i heard the ching of someone signing in my screen jumps abit, and i probably jump on others too.

I do seem to remember Dino suggesting i could maybe get a piece of software which throttles the connection, controls how much of it each computer gets. You could then set it so that the other hosuemates get about a quater each and u get a half? Just a thought, i've never got around to trying it myself, might work.

Cheers MoR

1624[/snapback]

042.gif Hi 042.gif

Try netlimiter It needs to be on both your housemates computers and needs them to turn it on when needed if it's not left on all the time. If it is left on all the time It should be installed on your computer as well or you get unlimited use of the bandwidth thumbup.gif

Edited by Dino

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..