Birmingham Results

Aub

Thanks all for racing i thought the racing was excellent even if hectic at times.

On to the meeting the heats all went in the way of whites and yellows with the old boys spike and trav taking the first 2 heats and vixtro winning heat 3

Ht 1 221 151 233 152 351 112 488 46 315 515 926 27 56 269

Ht 2 365 136 315 27 363 221 112 531 269 233 41 968

Ht 3 56 488 351 151 41 363 365 136 531 515 46 152 926 968

As the evening progressed and the sun went down on birimingham on came the floodlights this would be the only race of the night where we saw a red grade driver take a win. 2nd after another impressive drive was vixtro, Mike rounded out the top 3.

A Fnl 136 56 315 488 112 41 233 926 531 515 152 151 46 363 365 968 27 269

Vixtro was again first across the line in the G.N however he did NOT start at the back of the white grade and thus he has been docked 4 places for starting infront of 4 other whites. So that promoted Dode up to first place with drumstick and trav moving up places to 2nd and 3rd.

GN 1 151 41 365 152 56 112 233 531 926 136 315 488 968 27 269 351 46 515 363

Mtg pts Car

35 136

34 56

27 488

27 315

26 151

26 112

25 41

22 365

21 233

15 152

15 221

14 351

11 363

9 926

9 531

7 27

3 46

2 269

3 515

0 599

0 968

Thanks all for racing we will be at hendnesford next monday where more world qualyfying points will be on offer

Cheers

Edited by Aub
im thick :)

cheers aub, well run meeting. loved the floodlight racing for the final and gn..great stuff.

not a good night for me personally on the results side though but still enjoyed it.

got spun on the first lap or so in 3 of my races which resulted in massive carnage being caused, so apologies if it ruined your race but there werent much i could do about it.

is there no way the contact can be improved slightly for these? as there seems to be a real weak spot on the back wheel...what i mean is that a simple tap here will result in the car spinning out which ends up taking out the rest of the following pack, and could end up causing a few arguments. all of my races on pretty much the first bend i got hit by trav or al which spun me out..not blaming them as they certainly werent big hits ..just caught me on the back wheel. ?

be interested to know whether this can be done, as there seems to be a similar thing going on from the f1's last week which ended up with them all arguing on here lol.

Cheers, nez :)

Is there no way the contact can be improved slightly for these? as there seems to be a real weak spot on the back wheel...what i mean is that a simple tap here will result in the car spinning out which ends up taking out the rest of the following pack, and could end up causing a few arguments. all of my races on pretty much the first bend i got hit by trav or al which spun me out..not blaming them as they certainly werent big hits ..just caught me on the back wheel. ?

be interested to know whether this can be done, as there seems to be a similar thing going on from the f1's last week which ended up with them all arguing on here lol.

I experienced that quite a lot when going into the bends with the other red tops, even the slightest glance would make my car (and theirs half the time) get some airtime and loose complete control, and near enough result in a spinner or a accident behind.

Is it also just me or are the little hits when nerfing alongside each other very sensitive, i mean when you touch someone you both spin and cause a blockage behind?? if not its just me i take it.

Thanks for the meeting Aub, not very pleased with 9 Points but very happy with the racing i had which more than made up for it.

See you all next week.

I'm not sure what to say on the contact side of things, its much easier to get a clean hit on someone in the F2s than it is in F1s, but I don't really think its a problem in F1s as you can do it with a little bit of patience and precision, much the same as real life really. One thing I have noticed is that people on both F1 & F2 seem to be able to hit the back wheel of the car in front much easier than the bumper, which is not true to real life, i'm no sure why that is though.

Good meeting I thought, certainly not expecting the final win, although very happy with it, as that means I've won the first official 'in season' UKDirt final in both rFactor F1 and rFactor F2 now, something I'm very proud of.

Thanks for the meeting Aub and his helpers.

Kruiz

Lee, it is me as well...not just you.

I watched the replays after the meet to see what had happened as I knew no one had smashed me hard, and I think a lot of the reason is that going into the bend the back end kicks out a lot and exposes the rear wheel to the car behind.

this seems to be the nature of the game though as the cars have been designed to go in that way rather than hugging the bend; think trav touched on this early on in testing beta 1?

if that car is going for a tap wide then they catch your back wheel rather than the bumper which results in a spin. contact on the back bumper is fine i find, but it is a bit annoying when a minor tap to the wheel sends you right round.

from what i have seen of watching real life f2's the shale cars on rfactor seem spot on as they do spin easy on the shale in real life and the back end does chuck out into the bend. The tar cars perhaps need tweaking in my opinion to either stiffen the back end up or to make the rear wheel contact a bit more forgiving. No idea whether this can even be done though as i know nowt about game building. if it could be done i think this mod and all the leagues that run it would benefit massively from better racing enjoyment.

Please dont take this as anything but constructive if you have been involved with the making of this game, as this f2 mod is fantastic.

The way a number of real F2 drivers explained the F2s to us was to almost back the car in to the turn(ie sliding) and then the rear would have loads of grip and you power out which imho is how they drive(if anything the mid to exit grip is not high enough but entry is ok). The time I have seen problems is when people try to hit either not square or from to far back(there was a lot of this last night).

When you can trust a driver not to lunge from way back or try and take you out you can have some cracking contact racing as Aub, Tom, Myself and to some extend Lee proved last night.

Its also worth noting the sever was not very stable last night, pings going up and down all over the place which will also cause funny contact.

Edited by drumbstick

You should dock me in the final aswell because I didn't start at the back in that either. Was pretty pissed off throughout the whole meeting because of the server shutting me out in the F2 Heat meeting previously after my second heat so I wasn't really thinking properly, plus like I said on the night, I'm not used to winning. :rolleyes:

Cheers al i was looking and looking i thought id missed someone but i couldnt see it i will amend them now

sorry mate :(

No problem mate although I think my total points are still wrong - got 10th in both my heats and in Final too so i think that's 4 points not 3?

As long as the results have been up loaded on here correctly, I have adjusted the points according to my spreadsheet. Hence there is a tie between 136 & 56 on 34 points on my tables :)

All points and tables have been updated on UK Dirt F2 site and on UK Dirt Site.

If these results are incorrect then please let me know, as it obviously has a bearing on the hours work I have just done!!!!!

Edited by Mav

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..