Skegness Results (Wednesday)

Johno3

Hello All,

First of all, thanks to everyone that raced tonight. Unfortunately one or two had to drop out during the night due to one reason or another, but it was good to see so many cars booked in.

Iwant to make a quick apology incase you felt the meeting was a little rushed. I felt that I needed to try and do it as quick as possible to give you all time to practice for which ever meeting you choose after.

Anyway, onto tonight, and its well done to Tosh on taking the final victory, and to Mike on top scoring which included 2 race wins.

Results:

Heat 1: 315 233 16 3 136 188 151 137 216 531

Heat 2: 112 363 188 136 16 500 290 527 259 8

Heat 3: 315 233 3 259 216 137 290 112 288 2

A-Final: 8 233 315 259 112 363 188 2 531 151

GN 1: 3 112 136 315 363 599 137 259 188 16

42 pts 315 Mike

34 pts 233 Grasser

33 pts 112 Tom D

26 pts 8 tosh874

26 pts 363 razza

26 pts 259 Jimmy

23 pts 3 Johno

22 pts 188 Aub

18 pts 136 Kruiz

12 pts 16 JK

9 pts 137 MoR

9 pts 2 Michael

7 pts 531 Lee

6 pts 599 Harold

6 pts 151 dode

5 pts 216 speedtech

4 pts 290 Dazza

3 pts 500 Allstar

1 pts 527 fast track

1 pts 288 Ironmac

0 pts 149 Kev

0 pts 221 Spike

0 pts 515 Big Al

0 pts 365 travel

0 pts 488 dave

Thanks again to everyone that raced tonight. Iknow there were a couple of moans, but just remember this one phase; 'you cant win the race on lap 1, but you can sure as hell lose it', and I think if people bear that in mind a little more, the racing would be even better :)

Cheers

Johno

Some people need to pay more attention to real life racing and notice how often drivers dont finish races and except some spins and pile ups are racing accidents! Just be grateful your not getting your car towed off and picking up the pieces while Wainman totals up your bill.

That said I thought it was a decent meeting, little gutted not to do better, 3 top 5s and only 18 points is a little below par for me, the final really let me down, it was all going so well until go was called and I entered turn 1, where it went pear shaped and, well went downhill from there really, but thats racing you can't win them all.

Well done Tosh and Mike on your successes, both well undergraded though ;)

Ta for meeting Johno. Can you cancel me for tomoz i cant get on the site to book out getting bored of all the moaning by the same few drivers every week so

am giving up with it for now

Dont worry Trav - booking were done on the forum, but Iwill take you off the list.

Sorry to see your taking a break, as you were getting on really well, improving week in week out - Ihope you come back for more soon. :thumbs_up:

Personally, I thought the meeting was quite good. The heats had enough in them to make them interesting, but enough space to give a bit of track time. Iachieved some good heat results, although I was never in Grasser's league!!

The final was my downfall tonight. I think as blue grades, we were perhaps a little racey off the start, rather than trying to settle in, but then again, as soon as more cars are on the grid, the racing becomes a little different anyway, and suvival is the key in the first 5 laps, before you then start to pick up places.

The Grand National was good for me, but I really had to work for it. Accidents were happening left right and centre, but fortunately I guessed the right way.

Anyway, remember, it is always important to be positive, and Ithink that when you in a meeting, I know people get angry, but perhaps we should sit back and think about it before hand. I know I have learnt to keep quiet in meetings......... but then coming on the forum is a different matter :rofl:

Johno

Thanks for the meeting chaps, well done Tosh on the final and Mike for top scoring.

Thought it was a great meeting even though I had a pretty rubbish meeting myself, seemed to get spun very early on in races and spent them trying to catch up. Heat 3 was my favourite race as I pushed hard and made up some good ground near the end. Highlight of the night was getting put over the fence in the final (was a little disappointed but it was quite funny) by hard pushing reds and superstars launching me over the top of somebody's bonnet.

See you all tomorrow.

thought tonights meeting was alright and I think i done okay considering first meeting as blue and got spun every race. 2nd heat was worst as ended up doing spike head on for him to start turning round while i tried to go past him and ruined my race then i had a proper go at him, sorry about that red mist lol.

Cya all tomorrow.

My two heats were reasonable, I mainly kept out of people's way by going wide. Then I seemed to be getting a better line in the Final which was dropping my lap time a bit and was pleased with 11th, would have really liked to get in the top 10 but it was not to be. The Grand National was a disaster for me, I stuck at 20mph until the "go" was called but the other white was gone and the yellows were right on my bumper down the straight and one of them fired me in, so I did them back next bend.

I had some sympathy with Trav when he left because I hate to read moaning in race chat, save it for the Forum.

Thought yesterday was ok, good racing at times and at others it was a mess to say the least.

Seeing as im starting from the back now i can see more or less the whole fields rolling laps, and from what i saw lots of people were either jumping the gun a little or were just not doing the correct speed. In honesty i dont know how hard it is for some people to keep to the 20mph limit but as Al has said, it can be such a simple thing that ruins a race for another driver.

Yesterday also showed that we need to show each other a bit more respect when racing as if we start doing big hits not only are we holding ourselfs up but then possible causing an accident to those behind, thus ruining our races. (I did a lot of this and decided after the meeting i shouldnt have hit people so soon, just settle down behind then made my move when we were clear from others behind) and i think a bit of race-craft like this will substantially improve the experience for all of us. In other words i am saying dont go for the "world final winning punt" on lap 3 because you want to get through.

Not going to type anymore as i will end up going on and on...

Cya all later on for some (hopefully) better racing.

Also apologies to trav for making a meal of something and persuading him to leave?

Edited by Lee

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..