Skegness Results/Points

Kevin

The results from tonight's meeting are:

HEAT 1: 136, 16, 137, 288, 363, 300, 3, 259, 515, 365, 2, 52 (dnf 8, 599)

HEAT 2: 315, 151, 137, 500, 8, 527, 2, 112, 599, 216, 531, 488, 363

HEAT 3: 3, 315, 136, 233, 16, 112, 300, 216, 151, 488, 288, 527, 365, 188, 515

HEAT 4: 315, 8, 3, 233, 500, 531, 2, 16, 259, 363, 300, 599, 52

HEAT 5: 233, 136, 515, 137, 112, 500, 531, 151, 288, 527, 52, 216 (dnf 365, 188, 259, 488)

GRAND FINAL: 233, 3, 136, 8, 112, 16, 315, 2, 363, 188, 531, 488, 259, 151, 137, 288, 515, 216, 527, 300, 365, 52, 599, 500

UK OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP: 315, 136, 137, 8, 16, 112, 233, 216, 2, 531, 259, 151, 527, 363, 288, 515, 52 (dnf 500, 488, 599, 365, 300, 3)

Points scored from tonight's meeting are:

Number .. Points

136 .. 59

315 .. 58

233 .. 53

8 .. 43

16 .. 38

3 .. 36

137 .. 35

112 .. 34

2 .. 18

500 .. 12

363 .. 11

216 .. 10

151 .. 9

531 .. 9

515 .. 7

288 .. 6

300 .. 5

188 .. 4

527 .. 4

259 .. 2

365 .. 1

488 .. 1

599 .. 1

52 .. 0

Congratulations to Mike (315) on becoming the UKDirt rFactor F1 2009 UK Open Champion.

I haven't been buzzing as much after a meeting as last night for a long time. I was punching the air after getting a 3rd place in heat 5, I couldn't believe it. Even 9th in an earlier heat would have been enough to totally make my night.

After adjusting graphics settings thanks to advice how to turn them down and getting more laps under my belt, everything finally seeemed to click last night and I felt I could actually race with some others rather than just watch for cars to get out of the way of.

It would have been nice to have one or two more white tops (get back out there Spike) but this was made up for by the fact me & Harold had early battles in every race we were together in, real good clean place swapping. Thanks Harold.

The Final and UK Open races were not surprisingly frantic and I've lost track of what happened to me later on in both races but I can remember getting spun and ending up facing backwards mid track - sorry to anyone who hit me then or any other time - that's racing as they say and I'm still learning but at last I feel now the only way is up. :thumbup:

Thanks to Kev for his sterling work as steward yet again and to Johno too.

Great to hear that mate,you were driving so well, especially in heat 5, and turn 4 was littered with dead cars but you kept controlled and composed and missed them every time really was great stuff.

Which brings me on to my next positive comment, its fair to say last night was very chaotic, which was to be expected with a title to play for, this generated lots of pile ups and spinners but it was great to see that most people once spun did their best to keep out the way of oncoming traffic before moving, which is very much appreciated and really helps to improve the quality of the racing, I'm sure everyone will agree theres nothing worse than to try your hardest all race and get into a good position for someone to reverse into or pull straight back out and take you out. Its very tempting sometimes to just hope for the best and get going again, and fortunately last night I was never in that situation, although I was on Wednesday, but its important that you do wait and look, as it can make a bad situation worse. Sometimes you have to accept you can't finish every race, but there will always be another one. So a big well done to everyone who did that.

I thought the meeting was very good, very lively, very competitive I managed top get a top 3 in every race, and scoop 59 points which I think is my all time best, although I was certainly made to work for it, I've not had to push so hard in a meeting for a long time. This is because after an aveage night on Wednesday I knew TomD was leading the Superstar points, and I realy wanted the to be pole sitter for the S/S grade, or at least on the inside so i could get a good start, and with Mike 315 obviously going to get pole for the yellows, if I wasn't clear of the mid pack by the half way point I'd never catch him. Fortunately I took heat 1 with an early win putting the pressure on Tom to do well, which I follwed up with two more podium

finishes which I'm very happy with. This was enough to get me pole for the SuperStar grade.

Finally the title race itself, I knew I needed a good start, with 24 cars on the grid, and being the second to last row this would be far from easy, but to catch Mike I'd have to. I'd already decided the night before if I got inside I'd be pushing everybody into turn 1 as hard as i could, which i did (take a look at Walkers excellent pics to see what became of that :blush: ) and from the back I came out in 7th. I caight and passed Tosh and Iron? without too much hassle although Tosh did put up a fight. The next cars were Big Al and Harold who i manged to pass cleanly and I could concentrate on Mike who was already 4 seconds ahead. I couldn't even see him on the otherside of the track at this point.

While i was catching i hit a pile up which put me in the fence and i sutained rear suspension damage so the car was now almost uncontrollable and I was now never going to catch Mike with pace, but i still managed to catch him up as he was having problems getting through the backmarkers, Lee, Dode and Allstar. With 2 to go I got onto his bumper and was waiting for the last bend to take the lead but unfortunately for me i clipped Allstars rear tyre going down the home straight which sent me through a 180 spin, I then stuck it in reverse and flick it back around making it a full 360 without even leaving the racing line, proper Dukes of Hazard style! It must look really good on the replay, but i had lost 2 seconds again and it was all over, ut still maanged to keep hold of 2nd so was happy enough with that ,although obviously gutted I didn't win as I got so close.

Many thanks to Kev for RM'ing and to Johno who has put in massive amounts of effort over the past few weeks to make sure this event was a success and ran as smoothly as possible, so that it was as enjoyable as possible for everyone, (although it must be quite disheartening when a few still can't enjoy it and moan at every little thing) big well done Kev and Johno :appl:

Not sure where it is next week, Sexbierum maybe?

Hopefully will see you Thursday wherever it is.

Kruiz

Edited by Kruiz 136

thought the meeting went not too bad for me till i got to the main final where i got wiped out the ended up getting back to 11th so got no points from that. Then onto the ukopen it seemed to be a bit warpy to start with but after getting past the first bend ended up in about 6th or 7th and i was well happy to survive that to then have tomd go steaming into me while i was trying to get going making me spin to the wall and side up to traffic, then got going again for trav to punt me wide into allstars car who was floating in mid air half on the track then i got going again and started making up places, i had mike past me but kept punting him trying to get past him since i could see the points places infront of him so i just wanted past so i could get my places back but he wernt for having that.

Awell cya next week.

kruiz, dont mean to sound rude but i dont think it was me mike was struggling to get past, as i worked my way up to 5th untill i got taken out again (allways next time, correct me if im wrong also)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..