help please

Nezza46

right lads,

as per the topic header, i would like some help please.

I thought I would start by saying that everyone thinks I am moaning in the meetings every week. my previous after meeting posts have not meant in a moaning way, they have been my observations of the handling of these cars from my view and have been meant in a constructive way to hopefully benefit any future adjustments to the mod to improve playability.

Since then I have repeatedly been told that there is nothing wrong with the contact. my meeting tonight went the same way as every other meeting so far where I have been spun on the first few laps which ruins the whole night for me. I will be honest and say yes I did winge tonight as it is getting on my tats somewhat, but rather than be shot down for moaning I would like some help please in getting these to drive right before it gets so bad i decide to knock it on the head completely and go back to heat.

a few told me in the meeting that my back end is out more than others which means i get hit on the back wheel a lot...I have watched a lot of replays now and my back end seems no different from anyone elses to me? I have also done a bucket load of laps and adjusted alsorts but the back end still pings out no matter what? what do i adjust to stop this? because i cant find anything to stop it.

Sorry if I come across as moaning as that is not what I mean, I really want to be able to race these, but this is ruining it for me every week so far.

sugestions please..not the usual moaning crap please

Nez

Not saying this is the only problem Nezza but some of it is the cars you are around as well and both your experience and theres. A couple of times last night I got spun by lower grade drivers who just don't have the experience in the mod yet to make clean hits. On the other hand when myself and you were together on an open track in the GN I managed to hit you a couple of time without you even getting out of shape.

Its also worth noting the rear springs on the default setup are very high, inface you can knock 100lbs of at most places

thanks for the advice drum and grasser.

I will persevere a bit more then with it. does lowering the rear springs stop the back end coming out then? I have lowered them previously but it didnt seem to make much difference? I have also adjusted the brakes down from 50% upto 100% but this does not seem to make much difference either? any other suggestions on garage adjustments to stop this? or is it just the way the game plays?

Also does anyone else use the same wheel successfully and have the settings different from aub as perhaps his style does not suit mine? there was a thread earlier this year with wheel settings but the pics were all lost when the forum got hacked.

I would be grateful if a few could post there wheel settings up so i can try a few out to see if it improves the playability for me please if you dont mind guys.

Thanks, nez

here is a screenshot of my wheel settings and also my set up for belle vue that i was using - does anyone recommend any changes that would stop my back end coming out so much?

also spike and big al do you have your wheel settings any different?

post-362-1240426423.jpg

post-362-1240426443.jpg

post-362-1240426453.jpg

Ok Nezza, try turning your speed sensitivity down to 0 as you lose steering lock at higher speed with that. you can always raise this but its best at 0 as thats direct steering basically.

In your setup, change the units to imperial for a start as we arent fully in europe yet (thats in the main options), and try sticking your rear track bars to the lowest as a start, softer rear springs and your brake bias further forward and its like a handbrake atm with 70% to the rear...

good stuff grasser :) thank you for the advice and I will try these changes out tomorrow night.....it sounds like there are a few reasons then why the car is back endy....and good to know that it looks like my settings are wrong.

I am glad there are options because i was beginning to think that there werent. I do really want to get on with this mod as I am really enjoying it bar these few problems at the moment.

I also didnt know that I could change the units to imperial lol

thanks again and I will report back after testing :)

ok done some practice with the changes.

got to say thanks to grasser as those changes have 'appeared' lol to make the back end a lot better...but I need some online racing to see if it has made enough of a change.

The steering alone feels better so far offline..and gives me the opportunity to go into a bend straighter if i have someone on my backside, but also to throw it in if on a free lap. I kind of get the impression that is how i am going to have to race in future.

I still wish that the contact could be toughened up a bit on the back wheel though...not as ridiculous as heat but just enough to give a chance to ride the hit a bit better without spinning quite as much.

I am going into the ukdirt server to do some laps if anyone wants to smack me about a bit.

thanks again grasser.

p.s drum...you defo have a point about the hits as you did put me wide properly in the gn without spinning me. it is just annoying if you get hit wrong tho. thats why i wish the contact could be slightly improved ...to make life a bit easier for the newbies. I personally think we would get a much bigger turnout if this were the case. fantastic game though. :)

Edited by Nezza46

This apparent contact issue seems to be popping up again so i will just re-iterate what has been said before.

We cant improve the contact anymore. i wish we could, but we cant. Its hard coded into rf and is worked out from weight / inertia etc.

This apparent contact issue seems to be popping up again so i will just re-iterate what has been said before.

We cant improve the contact anymore. i wish we could, but we cant. Its hard coded into rf and is worked out from weight / inertia etc.

Thanks for the clarification, Hooty.

It's still early days for a lot of us in terms of getting used to the feel and especially the contact in rFactor - things will improve for everyone with experience although that's not to say it's not very good already becuase IMO it is.

Hi guys,

I am glad i put this post up as tbh I was looking to pack it in if it didnt improve tonight.

Huge thanks to grasser for the tips :appl: they made a MASSIVE change to the racing tonight and I loved every minute of it.

this is the first meeting i have actually felt like i could get stuck in a bit, like how stock cars should be...the racing experience was amazing all night just for a few changes.

It was so good, at one point i hit the barrier from a tomd fencing and didnt spin. and thats the first and last time i will say that lol

I wonder whether this thread should be made sticky for future noobs to the game? as it is amazing how these 'basic adjustments' make the world of difference to the whole thing.

Thanks again everyone that has input on this thread, but especially grasser :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..