Kings Lynn results 8/6/09

TRAV365

Thanks to every one that raced i thought it was a good meeting Wd to TomD on final win

and wd to Mike,Aub and Tosh on there wins

Ht1 315,641,926,488,365,221,41,515,363,599///2,870,299

Ht2 164,112,315,221,2,365,531,27,968,599///926,46,299

Ht3 152,41,112,531,46,968,164,870,363,515///488,641,27

FNL 112,531,41,363,599,152,515,488,926,968///299,641,46,315,164,27,870,365

GN 164,365,599,112*,315,46,363,41,641,926///515/968/488/299/152/531/27

TomD112 51pts

Drumbstick41 32pts

Lee531 29pts

Tosh164 24pts

Mike315 24pts

Walker363 22pts

Harold599 22pts

Travel365 20pts

Aub152 20pts

speedtech926 13pts

Dave488 13pts

Bigal515 12pts

spike221 12pts

Nezza46 11pts

Mav641 11pts

Leech968 9pts

Pusher2 6pts

Mart870 3pts

Cap27 3pts

Elstigg 0pts

Cheers trav for stepping in....time i got a new pc me thinks

Well chuffed with the win i knew i had the pace but never the luck.

Remeber chaps its the british championship next week details will be avalible in the week as me dave and trav are heading north for the weekend :D

so if u do have any problems over the weekend drum will be avalible so harass him :)

Another good meeting with plenty action about.

I was fairly lucky with the carnage until the GN when I just missed out on a top 10 but I've got to be happy with 3 top 10 finishes and especially a Final 7th. It's not going too bad from Blue so far.

Well done Tom and thanks to Trav, Drumb & Aub.

Well am I gald to se the back of this track LOL

Not being able to sort out the weird online gear thing all week, I went all out to do my best and heat 1 put me in a spin literally but was pleased I could race.

Heat 2, I got the hang of the situation and despite a long distance last bend lunge from Harold I managed to hang on to the hit and was rewarded with 5th place which I was well chuffed at.

Then another weird thing happened, whilst back in garage I got kicked out of the server and although I made several attempts over the next 20-30 minutes to get back in I couldn't so I called it a night.

Sorry admin for not being able to inform you what happened.

Stroll on Birmingham yippee!!

My first shale meeting (obviously as last week was my first ever F2 rFactor meeting) and after learning the basics of cornering in free practice, I felt confident of holding my own in the meeting. First heat, once I passed a weaving Harold, I settled into a great rhythm and even when Mike passed me for the lead, I stayed in touch for awhile. Finishing second i was on a high.

After that I became hugely disappointed, especially with the attitudes of some drivers, although pleased to have scored some WCQR points.

My second heat (Heat 3) should have been restarted, as I had virtually stopped as I believed I had disco'd as no commands nor cars could I see, and I had completed one and half rolling laps. Amazed to see "Go" then shortly after "Chat froze" - At that point I thought the race would be stopped as cars were all over the place. Alas it wasn't and ended up last.

In the final the car changed, whether it was more fuel or under lights, I don't know, but it became very loose from the word go. After the opening laps exchanges with Harold, I hit the front only to loose the back end and before I could correct it, Harold tapped my rear corner, I spun. In trying to correct that spin, I hit Leech head on (Sorry), then was pushed in field by Mart. When straight, I then progressed around the inner marker tyre which saw me collect Tosh and Mike. All three of us spun again. We all got going again pretty quickly and I was suprisingly in 12th. Therefore if Tosh hadn't gone out of his way to fence me a couple laps later, he could have possibly got top 5. I held 10th until 2 laps from the end when I couldn't control a very light car. (Great race Nezza btw!!) - So why did I get bawled at after the race by Mike & Tosh??? Am I the only one ever to get it wrong and unfortunately take others out with me, for which I am sorry for - I never wish to ruin peoples races.

After that, I couldn't be bothered with the GN and managed a 9th after having a good race with a few drivers.

I really don't know about Birmingham as its the British, I don't want to go through this again for the third week running - I am just not up to the standard required to not make errors and ruin peoples races. Good Luck to all in the British.

Edited by Mav

My first shale meeting (obviously as last week was my first ever F2 rFactor meeting) and after learning the basics of cornering in free practice, I felt confident of holding my own in the meeting. First heat, once I passed a weaving Harold, I settled into a great rhythm and even when Mike passed me for the lead, I stayed in touch for awhile. Finishing second i was on a high.

After that I became hugely disappointed, especially with the attitudes of some drivers, although pleased to have scored some WCQR points.

My second heat (Heat 3) should have been restarted, as I had virtually stopped as I believed I had disco'd as no commands nor cars could I see, and I had completed one and half rolling laps. Amazed to see "Go" then shortly after "Chat froze" - At that point I thought the race would be stopped as cars were all over the place. Alas it wasn't and ended up last.

In the final the car changed, whether it was more fuel or under lights, I don't know, but it became very loose from the word go. After the opening laps exchanges with Harold, I hit the front only to loose the back end and before I could correct it, Harold tapped my rear corner, I spun. In trying to correct that spin, I hit Leech head on (Sorry), then was pushed in field by Mart. When straight, I then progressed around the inner marker tyre which saw me collect Tosh and Mike. All three of us spun again. We all got going again pretty quickly and I was suprisingly in 12th. Therefore if Tosh hadn't gone out of his way to fence me a couple laps later, he could have possibly got top 5. I held 10th until 2 laps from the end when I couldn't control a very light car. (Great race Nezza btw!!) - So why did I get bawled at after the race by Mike & Tosh??? Am I the only one ever to get it wrong and unfortunately take others out with me, for which I am sorry for - I never wish to ruin peoples races.

After that, I couldn't be bothered with the GN and managed a 9th after having a good race with a few drivers.

I really don't know about Birmingham as its the British, I don't want to go through this again for the third week running - I am just not up to the standard required to not make errors and ruin peoples races. Good Luck to all in the British.

Dont be daft mav get booked in set ups will be avalible for the meeting to tempt a few more drivers out as theres no heat.

Dont listen to the moaners we all started somewhere and everyone has reversed across the track at sometime or other. Some people really need to give the novice drives a bit of a break its not helping anything.

Ta

Edited by Aub

Thanks for the meeting lads and wd Tom for final and Top point scorer and any other winners also trav, aub and drumb for the meeting and sorting server... and with the head on mav thats np :)... i was worse than you when i first started i can tell you that for a fact and im sure some other people can too lol. im still not the best but i still try and get as many points as i can and practice and much as i can.... as they say practice makes perfect.. so get booked in for Birmingham for the british mav and stop being silly!! :)

its all abit of fun :)

See ya all next week

Craig

Thought I had a bit of a mare last night so happy with 30+ points.

Nature of the track that 1 car hits the tyres and all hell brakes loose, from the back it is then a lottery of who gets through.

Still most of the racing was top class last night, and if TOm keeps going like that it will be a three way fight for the Silver.

great meeting again :)

second meeting from red for me and definately tougher from back there - first heat I started poorly but pulled it back to about 7th and having a cracking race with Lee 531, then two laps to go and looking good for about 8th place we tangled a bit and i hit a flippin tyre lol.

second heat went really well and was well chuffed with getting 5th.

the final was manic to say the least but good stuff with all the carnage of a real life race i thought - and visually more realistic under the floodlights. I hit a few accidents in the final, but got back up to about 13th or so...had a cracking race with mav and finally got past him and away. was laughing a lot on the last bend as just as i went to stick one on leech for 10th place and glory, the earlier pileups took there tole on the car and it caught fire and died, leaving me a dnf with engine failure and smoke pouring out the bonnet (must admit i had thought just prior to this that the car was handling badly lol)

Gn went well again and chuffed with 6th - good last bender from tomd on me to secure 4th, and mike bundled past me while i was recovering from the hit - good racing lads :)

p.s. Mav (and any other novices starting to race these) - dont give up just yet as i know how you are feeling at the moment - I nearly gave these up after the first grading period as I was continually getting spun out everytime i was getting hit - bloody frustrating game but once you get the hang of it you will see the difference mate. look at my early forum post for help and you will see the problems I had which quickly got resolved with help from the guys here and grasser. just setting the steering wheel up properly makes a massive difference. there is also a knack to hitting properly and if you get it wrong you spin the car out - if you noticed in the races we had mav I didnt dive in with the hits as I am still learning how to do it well as I dont want to take anyone out by getting it wrong - keep perservering and it will come - my standard has gone up a lot since I started (I think lol)

Edited by Nezza46

Dont worry about it mav, you proved you could hold your own earlier in the meeting.

Just be a bit tougher towards em as i find people will be a seemingly bit more harsh on you the lower down the grading order you are (less respect etc.) also thats just what i have found from starting at the front on other mods.

Mav we all say and do things in the heat of the moment, i was having a chuffing good race till i saw you reverse out onto the racing line and boom. :rolleyes:

i just thought here we go again .

next bend or 2 i was fustrated and gave you a good belting with the bumper i admit that. just seems this unluckyness happens to me and not others i dont know what it is maybe it doesnt who knows.

anyway. lets forget what happened in the past 2 weeks, get booked in and we will forget about it all and try and enjoy the challenge. :thumbs_up:

call a truce if your happy with that and move on.

Mav we all say and do things in the heat of the moment, i was having a chuffing good race till i saw you reverse out onto the racing line and boom. :rolleyes:

i just thought here we go again .

next bend or 2 i was fustrated and gave you a good belting with the bumper i admit that. just seems this unluckyness happens to me and not others i dont know what it is maybe it doesnt who knows.

anyway. lets forget what happened in the past 2 weeks, get booked in and we will forget about it all and try and enjoy the challenge. :thumbs_up:

call a truce if your happy with that and move on.

Just to clarify this one point - I did not reverse out - that would have been very bad driving from me and I would have accepted the blame totally if that was the case.

post-37-1244565326.jpg

See you next week at Birmingham :thumbs_up: (Hope and pray we steer clear of each other :5: )

Just couldnt get into it last night. an inconsistant frustrating meeting for me

But im not blaming anybody but myself for my poor performance and inability to ride the hits

Thanks go to admin and wd to all winners and all that scored good points on this tough track.

Mav, when I started F2 Heat you told me to stick with it, despite the fact i wasnt getting any points each week.

I have only done 4 meeting on Rfactor f2 and thanks to the help and encouragement of most of the drivers, I enjoy rfactor even more.

Yes i had a bad meeting but have come to the conclusion that im not going to be good at all tracks, and will stick to the ones i think im good at, but this is a more realistic game and great fun.

Dont give up on us Mav - we need ya!!!!!! :appl::thumbup::thumbs_up::2:

#299 El Stig

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..