saloons

samson

Was the result of the test not that the cars were faster than they were without the adjustments. Maybe the way to go is introduce a cheaper form of saloon racing. 1300cc front wheel drive cars?? Like spedeworth use. Might bring more into the racing. At least make it more competetive.

cheers

sparky

Guest Scrapman53

1300 Saloons @ Cowdie.

Been sayin it for a few years now.

And who wants Outlaw hotrods? Don't we struggle enough for car numbers as it is?

Outlaws will only scare the ones off who can't afford the extra expense of a (national type) engine.

I for 1 wouldn't like to be puttin' around in my Pinto engined rod not being able to keep up with cars that will be quite a lot faster every meeting.

So I say 2l Spedeworth spec for the rods too, and save money on panels while they're at it = more cars on track.

1300 Saloons @ Cowdie.

Been sayin it for a few years now.

Yup, have to agree. Spedeworth seems to be doing fine with theirs, and you see ex red tops for sale for about a grand.

I know 1300's didn't really work at Cowdie in the 80's (whatever happened to Fraser Manson??), but I think introducing them now would mean a huge influx of new drivers and pro-stock drivers.

I'd be tempted.

Yup, have to agree. Spedeworth seems to be doing fine with theirs, and you see ex red tops for sale for about a grand.

I know 1300's didn't really work at Cowdie in the 80's (whatever happened to Fraser Manson??), but I think introducing them now would mean a huge influx of new drivers and pro-stock drivers.

I'd be tempted.

1740[/snapback]

PFFFFT!!!

1300s BAH HUMBUG !!!!

Granted I aint seen many 1300 domestic meetings as such but what ones I did see were total and utter crap!!(No diss- respect to the drivers though) but if you Cowdie "regulars" moan just now about how bad a 2ltr meet is, wait til you witness a 1300 one then.In response to that point as well mind you I've witnessed decent enough Championship meets but aint seen a 1300 "Good un" on par with a 2ltr "good un " if that makes sense? unsure.gif

I'm also kinda curious how you state "Spedeworth seems to be doing fine with theirs", Do you mean by that, Large grids,Close , competitive racing,Hard hits or are you just listening to the 1300 supporters?.(An old saying being "You wont hear a fishman yell "Rotten fish")

Aint 100% sure also that the introduction of 1300s would necesserally mean a "huge influx" of new drivers and pro-stox drivers, as for example what would the reason be for yourself to have a go in a 1300 as a pose to a 2ltr, Is it purely down to the "purchase" price of the car?.

I look forward to your response Mr Mackie!! thumbup.gif

Shale. May be the answer to make it a leveller and for races to be more open and maybe more drivers coming into the sport with it being on a level par with others and no huge amounts of money guarentees success on the loose stuff. Not a big fan but it may be a possible solution.

cheers

sparky

Ok Mr. Wilkie....my reply! smile.gif

I agree I can only go on race reports on the 1300's as I haven't seen a single race down South, but there just doesn't seem to be the same downturn with the little uns' as with the 2ltrs.

As a spectator at Cowdie, there just isn't the same magic as there used to be in the loons. Granted, there aren't as many characters in the sport as there used to be. The likes of Messers Burgoyne or Maxwell would always liven a race up. Biff Honeyman was entertaining but then he went and got himself banned. 011.gif

Of course there is the argument as to whether it is the Cowdie track that is the problem, but that's another story.

Now, talking as a would be racer, I now have funds to buy a race car (courtesey of Nationwide critical illness insurance! thumbup.gif) but I've decided I don't want to pay for the privelage of getting hurt, and I think the 'loons are just too fast. I don't want to spend about four grand (which you would need if you wanted to keep up) to be rattled against the wall, do x amount of pounds worth of damage, and have to cry off work on Monday. Pro-stox was a possibility, but it's a bit too banger like for me. If there was a cheap contact formula introduced that gave a bit of contact fun, without too much speed, risk of injury or big repair bills, I'd be tempted. Yes, the 2ltr test was done at the end of season, but we'll still be watching the fast processions in 2005.

Give the 1300's a go I say....but watch who scrutineers them!! rolleyes.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Guest Scrapman53
Ok Mr. Wilkie....my reply! smile.gif

I agree I can only go on race reports on the 1300's as I haven't seen a single race down South, but there just doesn't seem to be the same downturn with the little uns' as with the 2ltrs.

As a spectator at Cowdie, there just isn't the same magic as there used to be in the loons. Granted, there aren't as many characters in the sport as there used to be. The likes of Messers Burgoyne or Maxwell would always liven a race up. Biff Honeyman was entertaining but then he went and got himself banned. 011.gif

Of course there is the argument as to whether it is the Cowdie track that is the problem, but that's another story.

Now, talking as a would be racer, I now have funds to buy a race car (courtesey of Nationwide critical illness insurance! thumbup.gif) but I've decided I don't want to pay for the privelage of getting hurt, and I think the 'loons are just too fast. I don't want to spend about four grand (which you would need if you wanted to keep up) to be rattled against the wall, do x amount of pounds worth of damage, and have to cry off work on Monday. Pro-stox was a possibility, but it's a bit too banger like for me. If there was a cheap contact formula introduced that gave a bit of contact fun, without too much speed, risk of injury or big repair bills, I'd be tempted. Yes, the 2ltr test was done at the end of season, but we'll still be watching the fast processions in 2005.

Give the 1300's a go I say....but watch who scrutineers them!! rolleyes.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

1835[/snapback]

Nice 1 m8.

Who wants to spend that kind of money to have to virtually follow someone in to pass them and then have them resorting to another type of sport in the pits (boxing).

How many cars did we see getting spun out at the superbowl? Probably a few but only 1 sticks in my mind.

I'd rather see spinouts happening nearly every lap and plenty of lead changes like what used to happen before the Sierras were brought in. Not just watch for the few "star men" (lol) coming through from the back of - what - 19 cars at the "very" most week in week out just because they have a mega bucks engine and can afford to put new tyres on even when they don't need them just to stay ahead.

Looks like it'll be time to go to the pieshop when the Saloons aren't on this year due to not enough cars.

Aint much of an argument as regards that m8 as far as I'm concerned, and GMP readilly admits the problem lies mainly with the track, as down south, tracks like Taunton for example lend themselves to proper 'loon racin with the layout allowing decent contact into the bends, and cars not coming into heavy contact with the wall.

Some well put views from yourself and Mr Bauld btw,and its good to get a "decent" kinda discussion goin, as a pose to some of the usual nonsense spowted from the usual suspects!! wink.gif

One final point as a matter of interest is, The 4k you mention as an amount to spend to "keep up".What does that consist of? Engine,Suspension,Complete car???

One final point as a matter of interest is, The 4k you mention as an amount to spend to "keep up".What does that consist of? Engine,Suspension,Complete car???

1999[/snapback]

I reckoned 4000 would get you a decent motor ready to race (e.g. Pete Simpson's car up for sale at 3 grand recently) plus a decent load of spares for a season.

Talking of the Cowdie track, if there's any truth in the rumours about Tesco building over Central park and stockies moving to a new, purpose built track, I reckon this will be a good thing as we'll get the chance to get a decent 'racing' track with 'proper' stock car racing.

Talking of the Cowdie track, if there's any truth in the rumours about Tesco building over Central park and stockies moving to a new, purpose built track, I reckon this will be a good thing as we'll get the chance to get a decent 'racing' track with 'proper' stock car racing.

2019[/snapback]

I guess that is a case of wait and see what happens for an official announcement.

I know a few things, but promised not to say unsure.gif

Tesco??? Would rather it went to better use if they wanted to build over stadium. If they do move to a purpose built track then I think they need to look at themself and think . "What do we want this track to be like?" . Do alot of planning and maybe make it more like the better tracks down south.

cheers

sparky

Tesco??? Would rather it went to better use if they wanted to build over stadium. If they do move to a purpose built track then I think they need to look at themself and think . "What do we want this track to be like?" . Do alot of planning and maybe make it more like the better tracks down south.

cheers

sparky

2043[/snapback]

Maybe you should offer your services as a Consultant? appl.gif

I have already got the pen and paper out. My uncle used to be an architect aswell. Maybe a few ideas from him:).Watch this space lol. I think that if they are going to move to a purpose built track then it will be in time. Not this year or next but in 5 , maybe 10 years.

cheers

sparky

I have already got the pen and paper out. My uncle used to be an architect aswell. Maybe a few ideas from him:).Watch this space lol. I think that if they are going to move to a purpose built track then it will be in time. Not this year or next but in 5 , maybe 10 years.

cheers

sparky

2052[/snapback]

rofl.gif Reminds me of the Sparky designs F1 of a while back!!!

Hope you dont mind Sparky, but I also took the liberty of taking my pen and paper out and with the help of Les, a renowned and well respected scrap-merchant and part time proerty tycoon wink.gif ,designed our own track

On first viewing, the layout doesnt differ all that much from Cowdie as in our opinion the general layout of the land as such wont differ that much as the dimensions of the track is the all important issue

"Our" tracks dimensions are the exact same as Skeggy which is about oh, that much by that much with a wall to the same spec as Racewall.

As you can see we have incorporated various ammenities for the fare paying public, thus allowing them to indulge in various activities when the lesser liked formulas are on as a pose of currently goin to the toilet or away for a pie. 2.gif

I've applied for copywright to this design ,because as you all may be well aware that the development world is a cut throat business and we wouldnt want any of the big guns muscling in and stealing the limelight and takin all the acolades when the project takes off!!

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for viewing our proposed plans and if anyone has any ideas of any improvements we can make that would perhaps make the development more appealling to other sports fans (An indoor carpet bowling arena??) then please feel free to add your suggestion

THNX!!!

Andymek

Senior partner

Mek-Tek Construction

post-47-1104675588_thumb.jpg

Edited by andymek69

The sparky designs effone has been scrapped due to better designs coming along and being more aesthetically pleasing and sleeker. I have lots of projects ongoing . Most of which only need the final stage called mapping done to them. I have a track mesh which is sitting 10% complete which I will get back to soon enough.

cheers

sparky

The sparky designs effone has been scrapped due to better designs coming along and being more aesthetically pleasing and sleeker. I have lots of projects ongoing . Most of which only need the final stage called mapping done to them. I have a track mesh which is sitting 10% complete which I will get back to soon enough.

cheers

sparky

2068[/snapback]

Quality pic Mek wink.gif

Tutorial on how to map a car Sparky

=======================

Start off with mapping the front of the car :

Select all the faces that make up the bonnet, then press M on the keyboard and it will bring up the material editor, tick 'diffuse colour' and then click on 'none' then click 'bitmap' then search for the tga of the model u are mapping, then click apply to mesh. Now go into the modifiers tab and select UVW Map you want to be mapping it using 'Planar' and in the alignment use 'Z' then look for the button called 'UNWRAP UVW' then click on 'Edit' you should now see a box and it will show your template in the background and your bonnet with all the verts. Select all the verts and scale them so it fits on the template (onto the bonnet), if you move the window to the side you will see the bonnet being mapped to the template. once your happy with it close the window and carry on with the rest of the car. I know it's easier said than done as it took me about 10 trys to map the robin properly. If you dont have 3d max then this is no use lol (or not unless zmod uses the same style shrug.gif ) if you use zmod maybe worth trying to ask NickM as he done his 1st model using zmod.

Happy mapping and hope to see some new cars from the Sparky thumbup.gif

Edited by Cunny78

Hope you dont mind Sparky, but I also took the liberty of taking my pen and paper out and with the help of Les, a renowned and well respected scrap-merchant and part time proerty tycoon wink.gif ,designed our own track

On first viewing, the layout doesnt differ all that much from Cowdie as in our opinion the general layout of the land as such wont differ that much as the dimensions of the track is the all important issue

"Our" tracks dimensions are the exact same as Skeggy which is about oh, that much by that much with a wall to the same spec as Racewall.

As you can see we have incorporated various ammenities for the fare paying public, thus allowing them to indulge in various activities when the lesser liked formulas are on as a pose of currently goin to the toilet or away for a pie. 2.gif

I've applied for copywright to this design ,because as you all may be well aware that the development world is a cut throat business and we wouldnt want any of the big guns muscling in and stealing the limelight and takin all the acolades when the project takes off!!

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for viewing our proposed plans and if anyone has any ideas of any improvements we can make that would perhaps make the development more appealling to other sports fans (An indoor carpet bowling arena??) then please feel free to add your suggestion

THNX!!!

Andymek

Senior partner

Mek-Tek Construction

2067[/snapback]

icon_funny.gif

Quality mek thumbup.gif

THNX!!!

Andymek

Senior partner

Mek-Tek Construction

2067[/snapback]

Andy, Your design on a track may look good but I think Les has tried to lead you astray and there might be some copyrite issues here...........

If you remove the text and replace it with the origional text it looks very much like the new Elite F2 Design for 2005........lol

post-134-1104678821_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..