Wont install

pete904ni

When I try to install NH on this (XP Pro) machine i'm told it needs 250mb to install and on the C drive there's only 150something mb so wont install, and i can comfirm there's 30odd GB on the C drive free as the pc was wiped the other day.

Any ideas?

When I try to install NH on this (XP Pro) machine i'm told it needs 250mb to install and on the C drive there's only 150something mb so wont install, and i can comfirm there's 30odd GB on the C drive free as the pc was wiped the other day.

Any ideas?

21190[/snapback]

clear temporary files and internet history m8 - also if Nascar Heat has already been on there and uninstalled ensure the folders etc have been removed.

When the PC was "wiped clean" was it reformatted? You should be able to see with the control panel->administrative tools->storage->disk management screen. It will tell you the size and filesystem of all the partitions on your PC.

Go look at that and tell us

What partitions you have, what filesystem and what size they all are.

of course using that variation of FDISK that is in the XP installer, and there's only the 1 partition the C drive thats 37.8GB.

I cant understand it, i've done this tons of times on this pc and many others, and never got this before - tho in saying that its only NH saying its low on space, other programs install fine, and it was windows surley i would get that annoying "you are running out of space" baloon

I had the same problem when I tried to install heat on my brothers new computer, 160 gig drive and heat was the first thing to go on after windows.

In the end I gave up and just burnt my hasbro folder onto a dvd and put the whole thing on complete.

Well, if the disk has been partitioned, and formatted properly, the only other thing I can think of is some confusion on the Heat installer's part to do with read only folders, or hidden/system folders- is the installation being carried out under an Administrator login?

If everything fails, try installing the essentials package, then copying over the files from the Heat CD, then patching up etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..