IPSWICH RESULTS

Spike

HT1 112 290 500 256 188 3 164 363 315 599

HT2 315 17 531 221 3 41 365 151 363 525

HT3 500 112 256 233 290 188 221 151 599 531 41

FINAL 500 531 233 551 188* 290 315 363 151 112

GN233 315 290 164 531 188 363 112 500 41

* dopt 2 places for overtaking on the infield - thanks very much to Aub for asking us to look at the event himself - very fair sir.

WHITES

15 0

599 2

YELLOWS

551 16

500 42

365 2

525 1

11 0

164 10

221 8

BLUES

17 7

151 8

256 11

315 29

REDS

188 25

233 30

531 35

363 15

3 7

290 33

SUPERSTARS

112 23

41 6

THXS ALL FOR RACING

Edited by Johno3

Well done race winners,

had a good run in race 2 with a 2nd.

final got caught up early and it was all over. GN not sure what MAV was doing in GN but seemed to slow and i was in the tires lol. then got hit around a little and was frustrated and tried to take it out on tomD - sorry mate and will take any dicipline action that comes my way.

Its been a few weeks since ive raced latley loved it and looking forward to baarlo

was frustrated and tried to take it out on tomD - sorry mate and will take any dicipline action that comes my way.

Not only did you hit him but you lapped downed me at the same time, thanks

As for 551, can someone please actually look when i say he's warping as i did say twice and no one seemed to care and it ended up ruining my GN on lap 2....

There has been a change in the final result from Wednesday night.

Aub #188 has been dopt 2 places for overtaking using the infield. This promotes 233 to 3rd and 551 to 4th.

I would like to add that it was infact Aub himself that asked us to look into the incident. Credit must go to him for confessing this, so well done sir.

Cheers

Johno

Bit surprised by this.

From what I have seen Aub didn't choose to go onto the shale, I forced him on but then he slowed, circulated slower on the shale, then re-joined the track as near to the start of the straight as he could in a sensible move. Yes he gained 2 places by it at the time, but if he had of tried to rejoin where he left, he may have taken other people out inadvertantly. As it was he went wide a lap later and eventually lost those places he gained anyway. He couldn't have given those places back as he wasn't sure, and nor was I until I watched the replay and I was involved, whom he had passed in the heat of the moment.

I would have thought that as he did go slower on the shale, re-join in a sensible way, didn't speed down most of the shale before re-joining, that Admin should feel that Aub did everything he could not to cause further incident and followed what Admin have always said about re-joining the raceway. He couldn't help gaining those places and he wasn't seeking to gain an advantage by it either as it was so early in the race, and as I said I he lost out those places a lap or so later anyway.

What more could have Aub done that wouldn't have caused him to be docked, because I feel he did all the right things in the circumstances.

If no-one else officially complained about Aub, especially Wee Dode or I (as we were directly involved), then the incident should have been left as a racing incident, with no punishment attached.

Bit surprised by this.

From what I have seen Aub didn't choose to go onto the shale, I forced him on but then he slowed, circulated slower on the shale, then re-joined the track as near to the start of the straight as he could in a sensible move. Yes he gained 2 places by it at the time, but if he had of tried to rejoin where he left, he may have taken other people out inadvertantly. As it was he went wide a lap later and eventually lost those places he gained anyway. He couldn't have given those places back as he wasn't sure, and nor was I until I watched the replay and I was involved, whom he had passed in the heat of the moment.

I would have thought that as he did go slower on the shale, re-join in a sensible way, didn't speed down most of the shale before re-joining, that Admin should feel that Aub did everything he could not to cause further incident and followed what Admin have always said about re-joining the raceway. He couldn't help gaining those places and he wasn't seeking to gain an advantage by it either as it was so early in the race, and as I said I he lost out those places a lap or so later anyway.

What more could have Aub done that wouldn't have caused him to be docked, because I feel he did all the right things in the circumstances.

If no-one else officially complained about Aub, especially Wee Dode or I (as we were directly involved), then the incident should have been left as a racing incident, with no punishment attached.

Mav,

The disciplinary team thought exactly the same as you in terms of what forced him onto the track, the speed that he went round the shale, and the fact that he joined in a sensible slot. However, as you have pointed out, he gained 2 positions in the process of doing so, and thus we would not be setting a good example by letting a driver get away with this.

In terms of a complaint, this was brought to our attention by Aub himself, although someone mentioned it to me but I actually cant remember who. However, this incident has no directly effected one driver shall we say, and thus I dont see why you think that an official complaint needs to be made.

Also being as you have been on admin before (althought perhaps not have dealt with such an incident) when it comes to the gain of race positions, whether that be rolling too fast, or gaining positions by other means, then we deal with this issue. I remember one specific incident at Coventry in Heat. As said, we also have punished drivers for speeding on the rolling lap, and also jumping the start.

In conclusion, yes Aub did the right thing by rejoining the track at a suitable place, however, in doing so, he gained 2 positions. We can not be seen to be allowing this, whether it is done deliberately or not (and as I say, I dont think it was done deliberately).

As for what he could have done extra, I am afraid I cant comment as I dont check the replays, I just give out what the team decide. However, I am afraid that if your forced onto the shale for whatever reason, you have to join the track at a suitable time, but not in a place where positions are gained. I know he has done nothing wrong, but it is a case of bad luck, and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Cheers

Johno

Well obviously he could have re-joined safely without gaining places. Maybe that would have meant him losing places instead of gaining them, we'll never know. I am surprised that Mav can't see that allowing places to be gained by cutting the infield even if not intentional would not be the right precedent to set.

Lucky Kimi drives in F1 GP not F1 rFactor!! - Intentional usage of a run off area purely to gain momentum and places. But he avoids an accident by taking this route and re-joins the race safely albeit 2 places higher. No punishment though :o He reminds me of a certain Mr.Gilbank :rofl:

post-37-1251671024.jpg

Sometimes its just plain common sense that should prevail.

I think that is a totally different set of circumstance Mav, although that said, I thought it was a little out of order what Kimi did, as like you said, he had no intention of making the corner, and set out to use the run off area.

Let me ask you one simple question though...... as your basically saying that it is ok to gain places as long as a) someone pushes you to the inside and b) you rejoin safely......

What is the maximum number of places you are allowed to gain? How many times in a race can you do it? How far can you go on the infield before you have to rejoin?

You see, the basic rule is, you gain places, you will need to be dopt places, whether you deliberately rejoin in front of drivers or not, and in rfactor, due to the fact that the curbs dont hurt you as much as they did in heat, it would be easy to do on most tracks.

Cheers

Johno

Lucky Kimi drives in F1 GP not F1 rFactor!! - Intentional usage of a run off area purely to gain momentum and places. But he avoids an accident by taking this route and re-joins the race safely albeit 2 places higher. No punishment though :o He reminds me of a certain Mr.Gilbank :rofl:

post-37-1251671024.jpg

Sometimes its just plain common sense that should prevail.

A shame you did not quote one of the cases where drivers have been docked in F1 GP for similar - what about Hamilton last year for starters? Likewise in other motorsport such as bikes.

Sorry if the docking of someone who gained places on you and owned up about it has upset you so much Mav, we will try to give you something a bit more worthwhile to moan about next time. :banghead2:

Edited by big al 515

Why are you two being so uptight ???

I merely put my point of view forward stating that I didn't agree with the punishment as I felt Aub did everything he could in the situation (other than wait until the whole field had passed, which really happens in real life ;) ).

Of which I knew Admin wouldn't change their decision and wasn't why I posted, yet you both replied rather bolshy, but apart from the snide remarks, you did answer as to why you came to that decision, and accepted the explaination. I then happened to watch the footage of Kimi very late at night, for me, and laughed to myself the similarities, so I posted it up for fun. Apologies if it wasn't clear enough for you that it was posted with humour; Both of you then couldn't see that and once again "attacked" me with your replies.

Sorry if the docking of someone who gained places on you and owned up about it has upset you so much Mav, we will try to give you something a bit more worthwhile to moan about next time.

Trying to turn it back on me Al, saying I am moaning is very poor and very suprising from you, as you were the one who always told me that when it becomes personal it should'nt be on the forum.

Is it any wonder that people don't post their opinions on an open forum anymore for fear of being lambasted like this.

Mav,

I explained the decision in a fair and positive manor, at no point slating you in anyway and I thought that this would xcover the query that you had, but instead you went on, and added some sarcastic comments of your own, claiming that we dont use common sense.

As a former admin member, you know full well that we was left with no other choice other than to dopt Aub 2 places, as he gained positions. This was one point I tired to make in my opening post, although I also added that you may not have had to deal with a decision like this being on the Heat Admin Team, as it was a lot harder to do in Heat.

I am sorry you feel our comments are uptight, but to be honest, I found your comments to be little offensive, and basically telling us we have done wrong, when for us, it was a no-brainer.

Maybe not put very well, but my last comments on my last post are more than fair to be honest. You say its common sense that we should have let it go, but going down the rule of common sense, at what point do you draw the line, because if you allow it this once, then when people are accidentily pushed into the middle, they are going to start doing what Aub did and claim they just slotted in where there was space. So my basic question was at what point do you draw the line? 2 positions gained and find a clear space to rejoin? 3 positions gained as long as you find a space your fine?

The simple thing to do is say that you will be dopted the number of places you gain should you gain positions by the use of the infield. There is no common sense grey area - it is a black and white, and everyone knows where they stand - for me this is exactly why Aub brought this to our attention himself.

Like I said, maybe not tactfilly put late at night, but I think it was more than fair for me to ask those questions, based on the comments that you had made above.

Comments are always welcome on the forum, and I will always try and comment on everything, and give you as much detail on a situation as possible. I always have done this, and I will continue to do so.

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..