Birmingham Results

Johno3

Hello Guys,

First of all, thanks to everyone that has raced tonight, and made the evening a record breaker. It's by far the highest Rfactor attendance we have had so far, and thats thanks to all of you guys - so Thank you very much.

Can I just say, Tosh pointed out that people didnt comment on the newspaper last week. Well I can't speak for everyone, but although comments about things we create is very good, the biggest reward for me is seeing race numbers improve, and hopefully this is something that we can now try and maintain throughout the season.

Anyway, onto the meeting, and its a well done to Lee #531 for taking the Grand Final win. I am unsure if you took the handicap sir, so once I get it confirmed I will adjust your points accordningly.

Results:

Heat 1: 561 262 17 112 39 3 16 236 315 151 8 172 365 4 107 516

Heat 2: 256 87 291 363 188 588 1 164 351 488 323 221 599 525 515

Heat 3: 39 3 1 233 137 516 351 221 151 391 291 413 588 236 172

Heat 4: 527 531 16 126 112 399 188 87 8 17 323 256 599 488 525

Heat 5: 399 561 315 527 531 233 107 137 413 363 164 391 4 515 126

Consi 1: 391 291 188 137 516 164 413 17 4 61 151 172

Consi 2: 126 588 8 107 488 323 363 221 515 599 351 525 236

B-Final*: 236 17 323 363 515 351 221 151 4 488 516 172

A-Final: 531 561 87 137 233 39 112 315 399 3 527 16 292 256 391 107 126 8 588 1 DNF 188

GN 1: 391 233 262 1 3 151 221 561 291 516 527 363 315 351 599 515 8

GN 2: 399 17 87 112 39 137 4 531 188 323 16 236 172 525 DNF 256 488

* Harman removed from the results as he should have been in the Grand Final.

44 pts 531 Lee - Points changed has he took the handicap.

39 pts 561 Murf

35 pts 87 Robin H25

32 pts 233 Grasser

31 pts 39 LeeK

29 pts 399 GoingInStyle

27 pts 137 MoR

27 pts 112 Tom D

21 pts 3 Johno

20 pts 17 munis

16 pts 262 Harmen

16 pts 1 Dazza

15 pts 315 Mike

13 pts 391 Corny

13 pts 527 fast track

9 pts 188 Aub

9 pts 291 Marten

8 pts 151 dode

8 pts 256 Hooty

8 pts 16 JK

7 pts 363 walker

6 pts 221 Spike

5 pts 4 Pusher

5 pts 126 Leech

5 pts 516 IanStep

5 pts 236 DanSkin

4 pts 351 BigFatDad

4 pts 323 madcowie

3 pts 588 fordy

2 pts 107 JanHarm

1 pts 515 Big Al

1 pts 164 Jarry

1 pts 488 Dave

1 pts 8 Tosh

1 pts 413 matthewb

0 pts 172 spikejnr

0 pts 599 Harold

0 pts 365 travel

0 pts 525 Maverick

0 pts 61 WaningeJR.

Can I issue an apology whilst I am here. I was a little short with a few people in the meeting, most notably Fordy via PM. I do apologise but when your trying to sort out the meeting, it is hard trying to do that and deal with comments at the same time. I was trying at the time to balance the GN grids out, which is tricky when you are not sure who has left and who has not. So I apologise if I was short with anyone.

Ipersonally thought that the meeting was not too bad, and will be back with more of my thoughts later.

But what we as an Admin Team would like to know is what you thought of the meeting. Some people had issues during the meeting, and this is fine. If there is something we can do, then we will do it.

Results threads used to have many people comment, with some very interesting points on the racing, and I would like to try and get that back, so please leave your comments, good, bad or ugly!

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

For my part this was the first time racing F1 for proably 2 years and I think the Rfactor version is brilliant with some great paint jobs on display.

5 points is more than I expected but it took me to the GN to get the rythym right for F1 and thouroughly enjoyed it.

I probably caused a few issues in my early races and over hit Dode thinking he done me the corner b4 too aggressively.I did appogise at the time. need to check replay though.

Definately different to the F2's style of racing and I am looking forward to doing more racing.

Happy Pusher

I probably caused a few issues in my early races and over hit Dode thinking he done me the corner b4 too aggressively.I did appogise at the time. need to check replay though.

dont worry about it b-final was like a banger race anyway lol

had a crap meeting but gn made up for it

cheers johno and kev

p.s johno keep up the newspaper its a good little read on the weeks racing!

The Newspaper will be written most weeks dont worry :)

My point of view from the racing side of things now.

I think that the meeting itself was pretty good. I had some superb battles with different drivers throughout the night. Whenever me and MoR were in the same race, we were never far away from each other. We had some good exchanges, and in one race I got the better of him, and in the next race, he got the better of me. It was superb racing.

I do need to apologise to Trav who I think may think I right turned him deliberately in one of the Heats. I do apologise sir, this was not my intention at all. It got a little bit crowded on the exit of turn two at that point, and I am afraid you were outside me at the time.

Also had a good battle Dazza in the Grand National. Dazza made a good move when I was trying to get past Spike, so I returned the favour, to which he did it back. Hard hits, but nice, fair and good fun. In the end, I settled in behind him and hoped to hold on until the last lap, but he was too quick for me.

One thing I would like to say, from my racing POV and not my Admin View. I know it can be frustrating when a new driver gets in the way, or costs you a place, or even a position in the final, but I think what we have in the new comers are drivers that want to learn how to race and improve. I spoke to 2 of them this evening, and if they did something wrong, I politely pointed it out, and they apologised straight away. For me, that is a decent person who is showing remorse and an keeness to learn. Obviously it cant go on forever, as they wont be new forever, but lets give them time to learn the racing, and perhaps offer them advice about what to do at certain times. Every racing part has drivers that are really fast and others that struggle, but the two can go together as long as we help each other.

Anyway, that was my one little thing about the evening. Please feel free to add comments - comments are good for people to read.

If anyone does have any complaints, please forward them to me via forum PM. I am afraid I can't remember everything that everyone says to me in chat. I wish I could, but I cant even remember my kids names sometimes, and I have had 6 months to remember them!!

Cheers

Johno

Johno, maybe have the option for those without the confidence/pace to start behind SS & Title holders? If they want any help i will happily point them in the right direction and send a setup etc.

Enjoyed the final, was my best race in a while. The setup tweaks had me going round spot on, it was so good I managed to save my tyres for the final few laps so i had something left for the end.

Felt sorry for 399, atleast he won the GN after the misery that was the final bend.

Yes I did do the GN handicapped Johno.

Some great racing had tonight and thanks for the wd's etc.

Cya's next week.

Wow 20 Points happy with that.

good 1st heat 2nd heat i was put wide and then hit spun etc got up to 9th then was last bended and reversed over the line ( duno why as 8th-10th all get 1 point ) missed out on the final, count back ? as 7 was the cut off but i missed on final so onto the consi where IMO the grade gaps were real bad, i had a blue on my bumper after turn 2. then i was lap downed so onto the b final where the racing wasnt the best with a lot of hits and spins - somehow managed 2nd

GN was better as i got a good start caught up to the leader #399 but then i didnt pick the lap traffic right and lost ground to finish 2nd

just a question why if a car spins infront instead of driving around veryone floors it into it hoping to come out clean on the other side ?

40 cars is anexcellent turn out, lets hope for the same next week

Munis NZ17

Yup, was a good meet, pitty I sent my setup to the wrong person... llf.... As far as the handicap thing.... It seems a different rule for different people.... Everytime Ive won a final and took the handicap, Ive had to start infront of the white tops, taking the lap down handicap.... For others it seems they just get to start at the rear of the field... What is the ruling on this?

Heres hoping for some more of the same next week... :D

As far as the handicap thing.... It seems a different rule for different people.... Everytime Ive won a final and took the handicap, Ive had to start infront of the white tops, taking the lap down handicap.... For others it seems they just get to start at the rear of the field... What is the ruling on this?
White & yellow grade drivers start at the back of the superstars but blue, red and superstars start in front of the white grade drivers. Of course the final winner has the choice of starting within their grade but only score single points.

Its all in the rules on the UKDirt site!

I have adjusted the points to include Lee's double points.

As Kev and Drumb have outlined Murf, there should be no variation at all. White and yellows, grade gap behind S/S and Blue and above the full lap. Both however score double points. The other option is not to take it at all, and actually with the starts in real life currently, a lot of drivers didnt bother taking it last year, and I think now people online start to think the same, that they might not score points from the full handicap.

I forgot to add one more thing - one of the biggest enjoyments last night was being able to race against different people, and that only comes from good attendances, so fingers crossed, its a trend we can keep up.

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

I thought the racing was very good last night no silly driving anywhere i could see.

My evening started off quite well with a 5th after falling half a lap back on lap 1. Race 2 was more of a struggle but i managed 7th. The consi well ive never seen so many chicanes and Birmingham, felt sorry for ian he drove a very good race only to be noobed out and this let MoR into 4th boooooooooooooooo.

In the final i got disconnected from the server, and the gn i cant remeber where i got so it must have been boring.

2 more things tho.

The Final grids are bloody awful i do not understand how they work and i dont think they are fair, As i understand if a red top gets downgraded to blue with a poor average the month before he will start at the front of the blues for the final? wheres the logic. Some rules from the real world dont work online guys and this is one of them. Now if i make a final the rest of the month i have to start at the back of the blues so i can get swallowed up by the reds in turn 1. And we have grasser who has just come down from red starting at the front of the blues.

Another thing was the start to my gn the reds were passed me and hooty before we came out of turn 4 and i do belive dave said the whites were long gone from the yellows hence he didnt go thinking it would be restarted and accidently took someone out because of this.

Anyroad as i said cracking nights racing on track great attendance led to better racing imo as your not racing the same people all the time

Cheers

Thanks admin for the meeting and well done to Lee for winning the final and top scoring.

I thought it was an excellent meeting, I didn't have a single bad race all night, really enjoyable. Was a bit disappointed coming out of the heats as I felt I should've got more from them, as I was up in the top 3 in both of them within the last lap and both times I fell fowl of something dropping me down the places and into the consi. I got spun quite early in the consi and thought it was over, but actually got some good luck to let me into 4th near the end (a popular event judging by Aubs reaction above lol!). The final was a tough race, with the top 10 all pretty close and not changing about all that much, so spent most the race chasing Johno for 7th. Started to come together near the end, after getting past johno, and then drag racing Grasser to the line for 4th. Very pleased with that :) GN was another good race too.

Really looking forward to next week now...

...and in the words of Harold 'I learn English, you learn not complaining' :rofl: Think he has my funnyperson of the year vote already.

MoR

My second mare in two weeks, this time on my favoured tarmac.

In practice, I felt confident even when I was on track with 20 other cars, I was pushed, t-boned, tagged, the lot, but my car stayed true and I enjoyed the ride.

I then found that the tyre wear for the track was set wrong and all that hard work in getting a setup to fit the track was compromised.

In the meeting, I then found my setup pushed on, the rear end would step out causing spins, and it didn't run as true as the practice sessions.

The slightest touch from another car sent my car off at a tangent causing me to be demoted to last in every race I was in. (I once again apologise to those who were caught up in my forced excursions across the grass etc.)

Very frustrated with my evenings racing, as practice promised so much and by that I mean at least one top ten placing!!! I will keep trying though :)

Two critisms I have from last night:

1) I don't think the heats were mixed enough, as I agree it was great to see so many drivers racing, but a good handful I never got to race against all night. And to make it worse I got stuck with Harold!!!! ;)

2) I realise that this was mostly my error, but could the RM please make it clear which server is for which race, by actually putting SERVER .91 not SERVER 1 etc. My misinterpretation of Server 1 for Server .91 meant that I missed the B Final, and I wasn't the only one!!!!!

An answer to someones question earlier about flooring it when spun, I do do it but for several reasons, a) In the hope that it can pull round without affecting others to try and maintain a position b) to get the car moving out of the way of the oncoming traffic c) Sheer frustration that I have lost control. I did however spin at Brum and just stayed still and miraculously no-one hit me!!

Anyway, keep it up guys and be great to see you at Sheffield on 25th :thumbs_up:

WD Al winners! And specialy my dad for his almost final win and GN. Hes stil talking about it every hour haha.

Whas not al to good racing for me, Hade the space. but didnt hade the luck. Whas holding up everytime by a lower grade. but wil try next week again.

Cheers,

JK

Like MOR I enjoyed every race I was in, and didn't fall out with anyone or see any bad driving, it was a superb night. The B Final battle with BFD & Walker was out of this world with us passing and repassing each other, and I was well pleased with 6th in that (later upgraded to 5th).

It was terrific to have split heats, consis, A/B Finals - I really hope numbers are maintained so this can continue, it gives so much more variety, and the meeting still seemed to move on at a good pace - well done Johno & Kev.

I thought the starts were very good - I did not see any white tops trying to get a flier at all, which I have to say is unusual - well done lads.

I don't often agree with Mav :thumbup: but he has definitely hit a chord with me about the server numbers - I still get confused by server 1 or server 2 - please can server 90 or 91 be specified instead or as well as?

Last season I struggled to run rFactor on-line, but since upgrading my RAM and then making a few tweaks to the pc, it seems to be running things fine now. How it will stand up to the more resource hungry tracks, I will have to wait and see, but at least I know I can race at plenty of the tracks without problem now.

Sheffield is another track I really like, so I am looking forward to next week very much.

I have gone through phases of liking rFactor and of despairing of it, but last night definitely convinced me this is the real deal. :thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..