Driver / Meeting of the Grading Period

Johno3

Hello Guys,

I would like to introduce a new intiatve to try and keep people talking about UK Dirt F1 racing, and also to try and get people to recognise good racing that has taken place.

As an Admin Team, we talked about this at the end of last season, and the possibility of having a driver of the meeting, but we felt that it could become too repetitive. With that, coupled with something that I will be working on throughout the season, we would like to introduce a driver/ meeting of the grading period.

Now it is totally up to you who you vote for. You can only vote for one person / meeting, and your vote will only count if you have raced / watched a meeting from the grading period.

If there is enough people willing to comment, then I will try and look into some sort of sponsorshp during the season. I think we need a minimum of 12 votes to make it worth while, so this is what we will be aiming for.

So who is your driver of the grading period? What was your meeting of the grading period?

EDIT: CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 19TH MARCH

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

OK, I will kick us off.

Driver

I think tere are many drivers that could be chosen this period - a period that has been dominated b the lower grade drivers. Murf obviously ha been fantastic from blue. Grasser would be on that list, as he has a superb averae from the meetings he has raced. There are a few yellow grade drivers too. Veterans Corny and LeeK have made fantastic starts to the season. Fasttrack madea superb start until internet troubles slowed down his progress. White grade drivers continued to battle, with GoinInStyle driving well. So I think it is very hard to choose.

I think that based on the fact he started at white, although I wonder if he watched that 30 poins barrier carefully, I will go for GoinInStyle (399). He has drove very nicely throughout the period, and I think he will get o well at a higher grade.

DotGP: 399

Meeting

Again I think there have been some superb meetings this perio, but for me, Sheffield was the best meeting. I don't know if it is something about the track, but the racing is always supeb there, and the third meeting of the season was no let down.

MotGP: Sheffield

Cheers

Johno

I'll vote for Corny as he seemed to pick up rFactor relatively late but has come on a bundle and now seems a genuine threat to the top drivers. He is also always a fair respectful driver.

I'll vote for Birmingham for best meeting as there was such a buzz having so many drivers and a full format meeting, I really enjoyed that one.

For winning two Finals in the grading Period, along with some other decent results - Fast-Track #527

None of the meetings have had any type of luck for me, but for sheer enjoyment of just being on track and trying hard and accomplishing a race finish was Scunthorpe. The other tracks for me were disappointing, with only Ipswich coming close to Scunthorpe as I actually moved off "Nil Points" there.

Driver Award - Fast Track #527...winning two Finals is no easy thing from yellow with such a high calibre of similarly graded opposition such as Leek and Corny to name but two.

Meeting Award - Ipswich 11/03/10...Only two meetings for me to choose from, enjoyed the challenge and significance of Buxton (return to official UK-Dirt league action) but the Final got a bit mental, whereas I really enjoyed some great battles at Ipswich, not just with the opposition but with the track aswell.

Edited by Skeet_Tong

I think this is a great idea, it provides recognition for some of the lower grade drivers who form the backbone of the mod, the ones who turn up week in week out for the sheer enjoyment of racing, & not the glory hunters who spit the dummy out & disappear for weeks on end when things don't go their way. For these reasons & with an eye on how the 2010 season has begun I nominate the award to be shared between Mav 525 & Big Al 515, two guys who epitomise the qualities I mention above, who arent setting the points charts alight but without whom rFactor wouldnt be the mod it is. Well done lads & keep plugging away :appl:

Having only spectated so far this season, id go for Birmingham as the numbers who turned up bodes well for the mod's future.

post-629-1268667980.jpg

post-629-1268668072.jpg

Edited by matty

Driver:

As mentioned, a fair few lower graded drivers could get the nod here but starting off the back is never easy so Im going to nominate my fellow superstar TomD for recovering from a poor start to the season (something which he would agree with) to being 4th place in the National Series chart.

DotGP: 112 TomD

Meeting:

Hard to pick really, havent had a bad meeting yet just never seem to get any luck in the final at the moment which I hope can turn around. But for managaing my first win of the season at this track the meeting of the first grading period will have to be Sheffield.

MotGP: Sheffield

Cheers

Daren

Having looked over the contenders I'm giving my Driver of the Grading Period to Murf (561), as I think to be top of the points from blue after six meetings isn't bad going. One advantage he has maybe had is that blue grade has been sparsely populated, especially compared to yellow, which has been positively heaving come final time - none the less a little more ground to cover so not to take anything away from his efforts, and being top points scorer thus far.

Best meeting of the period I feel was Sheffield - it was certainly great to have a turnout of 40 for Birmingham, but there was just something about the Sheffield meeting, maybe the fact that we were plunged into relative darkness for the racing which created an 'atmosphere', also from my experience it was really good quality racing so that night gets my vote.

Good idea to have this, so would hope to see some more votes being cast and a regular thing being made out've it.

Driver I nominate Spike 221. he has tried to help me deal with my change into F1 racing at every oportunity rather than just shout at inexperienced errors.

Meeting, Birmingham, great to see so many cars..

From a spectators point of view I would opt for Sheffield, its given me by far some of the best racing I've seen this season.

As for the best driver, there are quite a few to choose from, including Murf, Corny, GoingInStyle & fast track, but I have to give it to LeeK. It's no mean feat finishing the grading period in 2nd place in the National Points chart given that there were just under 10 yellow grade drivers each meeting.

:5:

I am hoping to get a few more voters before we close it.

Come on guys - get your votes in.

Who has impressed you this period thus far? What was your favourite meeting?

I will leave it open until tomorrow evening, as I cant finish the Dirter until then anyway, as I have no laptop!!!

Cheers

Johno

Driver: Big AL 515

Been going really well lately and been picking up points when he has raced.

Meeting: Coventry

Was really good racing and the race with DanSkin 236 in the GN was awesome and made it even better.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..