Sexbierum results/points - 1/4

Kevin

19 cars raced tonight for the UKDirt F1 Dutch Championship. The results were:

HEAT 1: 8, 16, 1, 236, 363, 391, 262, 527, 39, 87, 515, 399, 172, 221

HEAT 2: 315, 1, 561, 16, 112, 527, 363, 262, 3, 391, 8, 516, 172 (dnf 221)

HEAT 3: 3, 315, 87, 561, 112, 39, 236, 527, 262, 399, 516, 363, 515, 172

HEAT 4: 8, 87, 561, 391, 1, 315, 112, 516, 236, 399, 39, 3, 515, 221

DUTCH CHAMPIONSHIP: 561, 112, 39, 3, 399, 8, 1, 87, 527, 391, 315, 363, 236, 515, 516, 221, 172 (dnf 262, 16)

GN: 315, 8, 3, 1, 516, 391, 399, 363, 561, 236, 112, 515, 39, 262, 221, 527 (dnf 172)

The points scored were:

Number .. Points

561 .. 48

8 .. 38

1 .. 35

3 .. 34

112 .. 30

315 .. 30

87 .. 22

39 .. 21

399 .. 20

391 .. 19

16 .. 12

527 .. 11

363 .. 10

236 .. 9

516 .. 8

262 .. 4

Zero: 172, 221, 515

Congratulations to Murf (561) on becoming the 2010 Dutch Champion and also for top scoring tonight.

First of all, thanks very muh to Kev for running the meeting and stewarding the races.

Well done to Murf on becoming the 2010 UK Dirt F1 Dutch Champion. As the event was kindly sponsored by Roothost, I will be in touch in regards the sponsorship and how it will work out.

Personally, a mixed meeting for me. I drove poorly tonight. I was really not on my game. The car was nothing like it was in practice - so much so, I dont think I did a .6 all night.

Heats wereamixed bag. Heat 2 was obviously good, but then it was hard to be wrose than heats 1 and 3. The Final was always going to be hard starting on the outside, but I was fortunate enough to get a decent break, and find myself in about 7th place. I was quite hapy then. Picked off acouple of places, but was no decisive enough when I got onto the back of LeeK. 4th place was still good though. Grand National, I had some tough battles early on, but came out of it unscaved. I reeled Mike back in, but made a small mistake on the pernultimate lap which cost me time and thus I couldnt quite get onto the back of him on the last bend.

All in all, I think tonight was quite good, or what I saw of it was. A few mutterings, but that seems to happen most weeks. Any problems, send them too me and we will deal with them.

Next week, we have a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFYING DOUBLE HEADER. Hednesford features on the Wednesday night with Bradford tarmac being the port of call on the Thursday night.

I think it is fair to say that numbers were a little low tonight, with many of the regulars not being around. Hopefully that will pick up again in the coming weeks, as after a superb start to the season, things have really tailed off. Looking around, this is happening in a lot of leagues, but if there are any suggestions that you could make as to why, or perhaps how to ecourage more people to race, then please let me know.

Cheers

Johno

Managed to stay out of the carnage and the lapees where spot on in the final.... Enjoyed tonight, like the track and its flowing flat out style, and pleased to pick up the first title of the year... What a start to the season!! :D

Thanks for running the meeting Kev, and well done Murf for winning the Final and amassing another healthy points haul - stretching that gap at the top of the chart!

My first meeting at Sexbierum and can't say I'd really tried it prior to pre-meeting practice, I like most shale tracks and all things considered find this one decent to race on too. If only there were a few bumps in the mix to add to the challenge - I'm sure none of the Dutch field tracks are really that smooth? ;)

Seemed destined for an awful night if my first two Heats were anything to go by....dead cars, spins (including a hit I went for to push wide Tosh which just went all wrong and delayed us both in Heat 2, I'm not one to go deliberately spinning people out or trying to wreck their race etc), still two points finishes but generally underwhelming. Heat 4 much better, then more points finishes in the Final and GN so not too bad overall I suppose.

Thx,

Corny

thz kev for the meeting was amazing didnt do well but it all practice lol wd murf m8 and congrates ITS A BOY YAY im happy for ya m8 and johno u did do that .6 lol i was whach u car at the time lol yer was all gd 2nd time raceing hear 1st was when i had only just started lol the gd old winter serious lol thz every1 :thankyousign::thumbup:

Guest RootHost

Weldone to Murf for winning the The 2010 Roothost.co.uk Dutch Championship.

we have put a little something on the Main homepage of our site... you can get to your site by clicking the image below

Thanks to UKDirt for letting us sponsor your F1 League :)

RootHost

Edited by RootHost

Weldone to Murf for winning the The 2010 Roothost.co.uk Dutch Championship.

we have put a little something on the Main homepage of our site... you can get to your site by clicking the image below

Thanks to UKDirt for letting us sponsor your F1 League :)

RootHost

Thanks once again for the generous sponsorship. Apologies also forputting it down as .com rather than .co.uk.

Cheers

Johno

A pretty enjoyable meeting - I had a couple of battles with cars mid race which was the best bit for me. Plenty of room here although it tended to mean I was going a bit wide to let faster cars through once they were big in my mirror. Or maybe I was just driving a poor line anyway. :scared15:

Was quite fun starting on pole for the closed grid 3-a-breast Final. I wasn't particularly surprised to end up on top of the earthbank on the 1st bend. :rofl:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..