Bradford Tarmac Results

Johno3

Evening All,

First of all, thanks very much to Kev for stewarding a meeting, which on accasions got a little heated. That said, the racing seemed to be very good, around a track that can be a little tricky, so well done to everyone.

Onto the racing, and it was yellow grade driver Leech that took the meeting final, with red grade driver Mike rounding off a fantastic week for him by top scoring.

RESULTS

HEAT 1: 315 137 126 561 16 391 31 527 515 8

HEAT 2: 87 3 48 1 525 262 531 365 236 363

HEAT 3: 315 525 112 8 221 527 87 363 172 531

HEAT 4: 3 137 1 31 561 16 126 365 48 391

CONS: 236 531 262 172 391 365 164 363 17 527

FINAL: 126 315 137 525 8 1 531 87 112 527

GN 1: 137 315 16 527 112 172 31 1 17 87

GN 2: 48 164 8 391 3 531 515 561 126 39

315 46pts

137 44pts

126 39pts

8 29pts

525 27pts

1 27pts

3 22pts

87 20pts

48 19pts

531 19pts

112 19pts

16 16pts

527 16pts

561 13pts

31 12pts

391 12pts

164 10pts

172 7pts

515 6pts

221 4pts

17 3pts

262 3pts

365 2pts

363 2pts

39 2pts

236 1pts

4 0pts

300 0pts

Thanks once again to everyone thatraced tonight. It was good to see numbers up once again, and I hope it continues as we go to Kings Lynn next week.

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

yes 7 points get in there thz kev and johno for running it and thanks to mike for the help well done to mav and mike and all winners and well done to team spike thats spike , spikejnr and spikedazza jnrsnr the new member lol enjoyed it and hope to have this much fun again next week thz guys

spike jnr :groupwave:

Edited by GEORGE172

Thanks to Kev and Johno for running the meeting :appl:

Talk aboot chalk and cheese...I rated last night's sesh at Hedno as the least enjoyable meeting so far but tonight saw the pendulum swing the other way to produce the best evening's racing I've had in the F1's. No race wins or scintillating performances to boast aboot, just some good, hard and clean racing with most of the field during the evening, and a very enjoyable track to learn into the bargain. :thumbs_up:

Heat 1 got off to an odd start when myself, Spike and Leech were squabbling over who should be lead yellow, only for Spike's connection to fail just as I tried to use him as a cushion for the hit coming in from Leech, which saw me shoot straight through the 221 car...stuff like that never happened to Mark Peters or Tim Warwick lol! I stayed out of the pack's way until I managed to regain a rhythm, and enjoyed a cracking battle with Corny, JK And Fast Track til the chequer - top stuff. Got a bit of a break in Heat 4 when Leech suffered a half-spin ahead of me with one of the white tops, and after a brief moment in the lead, I settled in behind Johno, MOR and Dazza after all 3 showed plenty of racing common sense and didn't go for a lossy hit - cheers lads. Got a decent start in the Final until things went a bit mental somewhere, which gave the pack quite a shuffle...was still in the top 10 for a few laps until I got tangled with someone on the home straight which tumbled us both oot of the placings. Clung onto 12th place in the hope of some more action ahead, however some bloke called Stephen decided 12th place was worth scrapping for and nailed me on the last bend lol. Got another good start in the GN but a wee slide for Spike Jnr whilst leading caught me out and gave MOR all the invitation he needed to slip through into the lead...weight of traffic a couple of laps later caused Jnr and I to clash again, but once the dust settled, we had a good race to the chequer.

Great stuff lads, time to put the Tennent's F1 into the garage for the next wee while and roll oot the Irn-Bru shale car for my last meeting for the forseeable future...bring on the KL marker tyres!!!

Again i was rubbish lol, unfortunatly the ping issue means a little tap and i go flying lol, only managed 3 points :(

the racing wasnt to bad but on a track like this hard and fast passing isnt easy.

can someone please load the latest skinpack on the server please

Munis NZ17

Thanks again guys for running a fluent meeting.

Well done to Leech on his final win and Mav for another consistent points haul which will almost guarantee a good semi grid position,say goodbye to that white paint for this season my friend!

I really should have got something out of tonights meeting, I had a decent set up for my grade and loved the track, just made a small error each race and that put me out of it. (sorry to those that I messed as a result of my spins)

The good thing is that I love these and I will be back in 2 weeks for more wheel to wheel F1.

Progressive Pusher 4

Made the meet a right nightmare for myself... I seem to have a habit of clipping the inner barrier (either by myself or helped on it) on the opening lap, which gave me massive damage to carry, and round this super fast track made it impossible to keep up.. The start to the final was a strange one. All cars bunched up, then there was a warning for the `blues to back off` which grouped the reds and ss together, then GO was called while I was stationary... Caught me off gaurd as it seemed an early call and to be honest was expecting a restart.... The final was another race I was carrying damage from the start, had a very uneventful race til I managed to catch Skeet and Harmen, on the last corner where I was in 13th, the plan was knock them 2 out the way and hope another car had come a cropper on the exit which would have led to points, but it went tits up... loooool.... Roll on next week when we are back to the shale of Lynn....

Edited by Murf

well its not nice to say but i was throwing the bumper around a bit last night, although in a decent manner lol... it managed me to get nearly 30 points on a track i just aint fast on. it was nice to see some racers pile in flat out and hope for the best when there is a crash ahead. doesnt half FILTERED you off that. that was in heat 1 so that set the tone for the rest of the night.

the final i spun on the roller :banghead2: ended up last, threw caution to the wind, fired walker in, caught some reds, fired in the metal bit at the front and somehow ended up 4th. id like to say probabley this aggression got me somewhere tonight but this isnt always the case.

no intention of taking robin out with a pocket shot on munis but i had to shift munis far enough away as his warp has ruined 1 or 2 races for me before so had the chance to shift him to the wall, but ended up jumping 10 feet ahead and collected robin,sorry chief.

tosh

Practice just didn't improve what I had, in fact it got worse and I abandoned it for the original setup. This then made me drive defensively, keeping close to the curb on the corners hopefully stopping cars getting on my inside to pass. If any hits came in I would be pushed into the corner and so would they, thus hopefully staying ahead. This would mean I was slower but consistant and therefore if I was any grade but white I would definately not get anywhere.

I had the inexperienced Spike Jnr to contend with, and his inexperience cost us time, pushing us both back into the yellows then having to fight every inch. I was fortunate to come out ok, but Jarry and Tinman were not so fortunate - sorry guys.

Another good points haul, thanks for the praise guys, but I fear it is going to be short lived as shale is looming and so is a yellow roof or worse blue. Being no good in traffic and off the pace, I may as well start behind the Superstars (as thats where i'll be after a lap!!), gather a rhythm and see where it takes me.

Well Done to Leech, whom I predicted would win, but my full praise goes to Mike #315, whom I am getting sick of seeing him pass me knowing how far back he has come from, but all credit to you :thumbs_up:

One more chance (Birmingham) to get a win prior to loosing that white grade for the season.

well its not nice to say but i was throwing the bumper around a bit last night, although in a decent manner lol... it managed me to get nearly 30 points on a track i just aint fast on. it was nice to see some racers pile in flat out and hope for the best when there is a crash ahead. doesnt half FILTERED you off that. that was in heat 1 so that set the tone for the rest of the night.

the final i spun on the roller :banghead2: ended up last, threw caution to the wind, fired walker in, caught some reds, fired in the metal bit at the front and somehow ended up 4th. id like to say probabley this aggression got me somewhere tonight but this isnt always the case.

no intention of taking robin out with a pocket shot on munis but i had to shift munis far enough away as his warp has ruined 1 or 2 races for me before so had the chance to shift him to the wall, but ended up jumping 10 feet ahead and collected robin,sorry chief.

tosh

interesting theory tosh. This whole season i dont think anyone has complained - the reason people often spin when they hit me is because i break and turn at the same time, a little trick i learnt in kiwi superstocks. I find that probably a good 90% of faster cars constantly are using other cars as breaking points, no not just hitting me. it seems if you pass them you get fired in the next corner. As far as i am aware this sort of racing isnt tolerated.....or is it ?. Back on the warp subject last year i was with a crap ISP, i have since changed and im pinging the server at about 200, which to be honest isnt that half bad for 30,000 odd thousand miles compared to the 350 ping i had last season. On a personal level i feel I get a fair share of OTT hits. In the 1st meeting of the year i hit back and got an official warning seems kind of strange

Got another good start in the GN but a wee slide for Spike Jnr whilst leading caught me out and gave MOR all the invitation he needed to slip through into the lead...weight of traffic a couple of laps later caused Jnr and I to clash again, but once the dust settled, we had a good race to the chequer.

yer soz about that m8 was driving alright but had some wired slides some times in my races lol

was fun i think team spike did alright with spikedazza jnrsnr soring the highist in team spike then me then dad i think it was amzing was sorry for that skeet and wd to all winners next week should do well hopefull =s not as bad as i was at sexturm if thats how u spell it lol but to be fair every1 did alright and thz to every1 who raced was great

spikejnr :coffee:

interesting theory tosh. This whole season i dont think anyone has complained - the reason people often spin when they hit me is because i break and turn at the same time, a little trick i learnt in kiwi superstocks. I find that probably a good 90% of faster cars constantly are using other cars as breaking points, no not just hitting me. it seems if you pass them you get fired in the next corner. As far as i am aware this sort of racing isnt tolerated.....or is it ?. Back on the warp subject last year i was with a crap ISP, i have since changed and im pinging the server at about 200, which to be honest isnt that half bad for 30,000 odd thousand miles compared to the 350 ping i had last season. On a personal level i feel I get a fair share of OTT hits. In the 1st meeting of the year i hit back and got an official warning seems kind of strange

Complaining, to be honest nobody rarely complains as they know what to expect contact wise when a driver has a ping over 230.

You dont get a share of ott hits, its just as soon as anyone puts the bumper in on you it is like the forces are multiplied and you go flying. (An example being yesterday I punted you on like any other and you went ass first into the wall as if I wasnt lifting off at all.)

Brilliant track for racing on as tosh, corny and myself amongs others experienced. Just a shame when in a pack those impatient ones force themselfes up the inside and lean you up the wall with no regard, that being the only bad point aside from the ludacris jump starts it was a good evening.

I agree with murf about the final at the start i thought it was a strange start because i was nearly stationary aswell and i was expecting a restart but part from that i thought that the meeting was fun i had some brill racing with some drivers cant wait for kings lynn :thumbup:

FT

Edited by fasttrack

Well done to Leech, Mike and the other winners.

And to Kev and Johno once again for the meeting, nicely run.

And cheers for the initiation Jnr lol. Wont be long until you and your old man are up the front consistantly, Spike for gold isnt it?

Thanks for a great meeting Johno and Kev, really enjoyed the meeting.

One thing that did mar the night a little was the start of the final... not Kev's fault at all. I really don't understand what the problem is with the starts at the moment. Wouldn't need all these reminders about grade gaps if everyone just rolled the speed they should in the first place, without pointless speeding up and slowing down, warming of tires and all that other pointless stuff. Don't mean to sound funny about it, but I can't understand why something so simple (i.e. finding 20mph on your pedals and keeping your foot still) is such an issue atm.

That aside, has some fantastic races last night with the likes of Skeet, Leech and Mike. Was weird starting from blue after a few seasons at red!

Hopefully get another meeting in soon :)

MoR

The whites seem pretty steady around the 20 mark on the roller these days, so the grades behind should have no real reason to mess things up.

Thanks to Kev for again giving us such a good night, a superb effort considering Kev does not currently race the cars.

7th place in my GN put the icing on the cake to complete an enjoyable meeting for me. I tried hard and I think I just about deserved the 6 points I gained on the night, which will hopefully help me sneak on the back of a Semi.

The whites seem pretty steady around the 20 mark on the roller these days, so the grades behind should have no real reason to mess things up.

Thanks to Kev for again giving us such a good night, a superb effort considering Kev does not currently race the cars.

7th place in my GN put the icing on the cake to complete an enjoyable meeting for me. I tried hard and I think I just about deserved the 6 points I gained on the night, which will hopefully help me sneak on the back of a Semi.

not bad dad i say we did do well every white got lodes of points

I was pleasantly surprised with how the racing was on this track having not been on it before, unlike some of the other tar tracks (i.e. Brum, Hednesford) it doesn't seem to offer the same opportinity for people to go for crazy OTT hits up the inside, unless of course they want to either hit the beams or end up in the fence or spun. Meeting had a good feel about it, best turnout since the 3rd meeting of the season and it's always better and more challenging to have a fuller format with a consolation, keeps people on their toes. Hope that is sustained at least if not bettered for King's Lynn next week.

Mike 315 seems to be on a real charge at the minute, racking up the points, well done for top scoring and to Leech 126 for the Final win. Had some very enjoyable races with the likes of Fasttrack (Heat & Consi - you were lucky not to rip the front end of your car apart on that beam!), Skeet towards the end of the first Heat, DanSkin in the Final early on, Lee and Johno in the GN which topped the night off for me, one of the best races I've had so far in these. Only one moment which left a bit of a bad taste was being squeezed up the wall at the start of the Final, perhaps it's one of the incidents Lee is on about as he was squeezed into me by the same person, wrecked any momentum for me but beyond my control.

The rolling starts and the 20mph speed, I think a lot depends on exactly how quickly the front of each grade jumps from being stood still, to that 20mph - it'd be idealistic to think that everyone can simply find 20mph and everything can be perfect every time. A lot of the starts recently, especially since starting from red, I've found that if I was to keep to 20mph the grades ahead would be sailing off into the distance before the green even dropped...but then there's other starts where the grid tends to get bunched up like the Final last night. It's inevitable that each one is going to be slightly different, obviously the goal is to have the grade gaps sorted by the time the 'GO' is given, so I think we have to accept there may be small variations sometimes, and that if it looks totally out've shape it should be restarted by the steward. I do think the pole man in each grade should dicate matters and that the man outside him should not be edging ahead of him on the roller if at all possible - if you have more than one person trying to dictate the pace of each grade then that is never going to help.

Thanks again to Kev and Johno, looking forward to KL and being back on the shale,

Corny

Mike 315 seems to be on a real charge at the minute, racking up the points, well done for top scoring and to Leech 126 for the Final win. Had some very enjoyable races with the likes of Fasttrack (Heat & Consi - you were lucky not to rip the front end of your car apart on that beam!), Skeet towards the end of the first Heat, DanSkin in the Final early on, Lee and Johno in the GN which topped the night off for me, one of the best races I've had so far in these. Only one moment which left a bit of a bad taste was being squeezed up the wall at the start of the Final, perhaps it's one of the incidents Lee is on about as he was squeezed into me by the same person, wrecked any momentum for me but beyond my control.

Yes that is the main incident im referring to Corny, it proved later on things like that really arent necessary when me you and tosh had a good race. Maybe its just because room was given out of respect.

Those saying about the starts, if everyone also pulled away straight away it might come in handy, some of us roll slowly to 20 and the grade infront are either off in the distance or they are half a car length infront.

would having 2 rolling laps fix anything? worst case clutch start lmao

Steady - This aint NZ ;)

Well for me the meeting was fun but I just could not get a good pace and set up was all over the place but was fun as I say and enjoyed the racing. Had a good race with DanSkin and LeeK in one of the heats for 10th and rest of heats was rubbish and final same as the heats the GN I was going well until I was spun but that's the way it goes but very big well done to Tinman on the win in the GN and Mav for his very impressive points scoring not long until that yellow,blue or even red roof beckons :rolleyes:

Catch yous at the next meeting

Edited by Walker363

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..