Results and Points Kings Lynn 15-04

Mike

Thanks for racing everyone and Well Done to all race winners. I hope to see you all back next week at Birmingham.

Results:

Heat 1: 3 315 291 31 112 391 292 236 525 527

Heat 2: 137 315 292 1 112 561 484 8 31 39

Heat 3: 1 3 137 8 291 531 527 262 391 172

A-Final: 315 112 391 561 172 484 8 527 1 137

GN: 315 8 112 1 17 561 291 391 137 262

51 pts 315 Mike

37 pts 112 Tom D

27 pts 1 Dazza

26 pts 8 Tosh

26 pts 391 Corny

25 pts 561 Murf

21 pts 137 MoR

15 pts 172 spikejnr

15 pts 3 Johno

15 pts 291 Marten

14 pts 484 Jack Ward

11 pts 527 fast track

8 pts 292 Marco

7 pts 17 munis

6 pts 31 Skeet

3 pts 531 Lee

3 pts 262 Harmen

1 pts 525 Maverick

1 pts 236 DanSkin

1 pts 39 LeeK

0 pts 515 Big Al

0 pts 221 Spike

0 pts 365 travel

0 pts 413 Matthew

Edited by Mike

yes get in 15 points well i did well =p hope i stay white as im no gd at yeelow will be 2 slow bec not done every track yet =s wd dazza and mike and fasttrack and u mav and big al u guys drive well to be fair evry1 drives well hope 2 do well at birmingham

spikejnr :thumbs_up:

First of all, thanks very much to Mike for running the meeting, and to Kevin for stewarding the races.

Can I also CONGRATULATE each and everyone of you for making the starts an awful lot better. I shouldnt have to praise you, as it is somehting that should be easy, but they were a lot better after last week so well done. (Dan might tell you I was too slow off themark in a couple of races!!)

Anyway, well done to Mike on taking the meeting final and being the top scorer for the evening. Well done to Spike for a fine fifth place in the final.

Personally, another meeting that started so well, promised so much, and failed to deliver. It is fair to say that I had no luck in the final or Grand National. Both times I came across Mav, and to be fair, there is nothing that he could have done on either ocassion. It was a case of me being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Despite the fact that this grading period I have climbed the National Points chart, it has been a very disappointing grading period for me. I think it is fair to say that everyone expected me to clean up, and whilst I have picked up a good amount of heat and Grand National wins, I have only scored 4 points in grand finals. that is 4 points from 5 grand finals. That really is not good enough, and meant that I will have missed out on my target of superstar. Least I will have the red paint back ont he car.

Anyway, one more meeting at the current grades next week - and then it is all change again. We are not too far away from the first main title race of the season: The Roothost.co.uk UK Open Championship. It looks like a very exciting next grading period.

Cheers

Johno

I was average - couldnt get a set to work for me. was going well in the final but that was ended with a red freight train. GN i got some luck for once and picked up a 5th. 7 points not to bad for me on shale. i think ill be back at yellow next grading though.

Cheers for the quick meeting also - i was at work by 845 :)

Munis

Thanks for running another slick meeting Mike and Kev and well done to Mike on another top performance :appl:

Am chuffed to be heading back into semi-retirement on a high after scoring my best result in this league so far with 4th in Heat 1...after that, things went a bit downhill tho lol. I had set no expectations before the start of the meeting as it was my rFactor F1 debut on shale, and I had no idea if I had the consistency to keep the car pointing in the right direction under racing conditions...thankfully the default set-up gives you a great base to concentrate on clocking up neat and tidy laps, and a last minute brake bias change made things that little bit more forgiving.

Heat 1 went so much better than expected...managed to break away from the rest of the yellows and set aboot reeling in Mav, which I did just as Johno reeled me in lol. Managed to settle in behind Johno and the fast-moving Mike without losing too much time, and was soon enjoying another fantastic battle with Marten291 until the chequer and a top 5 finish...boost! Heat 2 wasn't quite so straightforward...had a bit of a battle with Wardy and Marco in the early laps although with Marco beginning to warp, I hesitated a bit, unsure of what to do and was quickly relegated doon the order...managed to keep the car pointing in almost in the right direction until my mate Stephen almost half spun me on turn 4, but thankfully I recovered and still managed to finish in the top 10. As for the Final, I had no belief that a top 10 would be possible unless there was a major pile-up somewhere and Trav's impression of Speaky's F2 World Final rolling lap meant the green flag dropped when I had my foot on the brake lol. Was soon swallowed up by the pack and the weight of traffic a few laps later saw Harmen send me spinning into a marker tyre and oot of the top 15. Managed to recover without losing a lap but Mike eventually appeared in the mirrors with only a handful of laps remaining, just as Munis was saying hello as we battled for 12th lol. The GN could've been so much better...again got a good start and broke away from the rest of the yellows, and was quickly closing in on Mav and SpikeJnr...disaster struck tho as Mav spun on turn two taking Jnr with him, and left me with nowhere to go but join their marker tyre dance lol. After a bit of metal clanging, I was pointing in the right direction again albeit in 9th, and after another half-spin whilst battling with Spike, there was nowt much else to race for apart from the glee of seeing Mike appearing back in my mirror again lol!

I really enjoyed the meeting tho, and was just so desperate to give the Irn-Bru motor it's debut lol. Thanks for some great racing during my brief comeback so far (except for the dirty bandits TomD, Dazza, Johno and Murf lol lol lol)...this game is one helluva challenge but the pleasure has been all yours...just remember kids, say no to Tic-Tacs :011:

Irn-Bru F1 Racing...made in Scotland, from girders! :2:

Well what can I say - mentioned twice in two peoples posts and all for the wrong reasons :scared15:

I hate shale, but unless I try it I won't "In General" improve. Spent an hour plus in practice, but all I succeeded was to face the wrong way. Frustrated and angry, I clicked and clicked at the setup went out as the server was to be reset, and did 5 laps - yes five laps without spinning, but there was hardly anyone on track by now. I was very close to cancelling, but thanks to "My Hero" ;) I was given a helping hand and I decided to try.

Heat one was great, I broke away and led for a fair while, probably only 5 laps lol, but I was doing ok. I hesitated when Murf rejoined the race and it cost me places. From then on I went backwards, but I did try to regain a few places during the race but very happy to cross the line - without spinning - in 9th place. Heat two, let jnr go, reeled him in then in a lovely push and go move I was away again. Rounded the bend and could see LeeK across the track. He seemed to straighten up, so I went down the inside, only for him to cut back across the track taking me straight into and over the marker tyres!!! I did continue but well down the pack.

In the final, I was cautious, happily following Jnr, but as I made my move, I half spun, and caused a few problems. Suprisingly I was ok and carried on, but as everyone forced their way past, I tried to regain places, spinning several cars along the way. I was 7th and really hanging on, but in another racing incident I dropped outside the top ten. It was then I pushed it hard and agonisingly finished 11th, just out of the points, no reward for such a determined performance!!

I can't remember what happened in the GN, but I guess it wasn't good enough as I didn't get any points.

So apologies to anyone whom I had misgivings with, Johno for one, but I was just going with the flow trying to keep my nose going forward.

Last chance at white now, but with Jnr on a roll, I'd best let him go first and follow. Will be difficult even from white, so see you all at Birmingham.

Thanks for the meeting Mike and Kev, really enjoyable. Didn't initially plan to race, but fancied a pop when I ran out of things to do in the evening.

Had a great start to the evening with a win in the heat, with some pressure on an open track for the last 6 laps from Mike, which helped build some more shale confidence which took a knock at the end of last season and the beginning of this one. The second heat was going equally as well for me until I clipped a tyre, but I managed to get back up to 3rd so can't grumble..... well I can, it would been better if Dazza big last bender on johno had held them up more haha! I think having Johno spectating during my first heat left behind some of his good-heats/bad-final luck; was making really good progress in the final, had a minor hold up with Wardy who fancied a pop at me (good stock car hit though, not complaining) which let Mike through, and then I tried to settle about the chase. Unfortunately it was a case of wrong place, wrong time for me, as a half spinning big al clipped my outside rear on the exit of turn 2, spinning me towards the fence and into one of those horrible positions where you're facing the fence, need to reverse but can't cause the field is streaming past. I ended up rejoining in about 20th, where I spent the race working my way back up to 10th. I think I could've got a couple of more places had Mike have not lapped me with 1 lap to go...... it was hard to resist not putting him wide last bend, but I didn't know how close 2nd was! Despite the bad luck, there's something very rewarding about getting set back, and then seeing red and charging through the field, so not an unejoyable race at all. The GN was almost exactly the same, having made good progress at the start, only to have marco spin in front of me on turn 2, with the rest of the pack piling in and juggling me down the back straight, and then having a charge to get some points.

Should be out at birmingham next week! See you all then!

Enjoyed my first race, certainly didnt enjoy the final after being on the end of a kamikaze shot from yet again the same person on t1.

Once i got going again just couldn't avoid trouble and ended up hitting the tyres etc again.

Thanks for running it, cya's next week.

Edited by Lee

Well what can I say - mentioned twice in two peoples posts and all for the wrong reasons :scared15:

I hate shale, but unless I try it I won't "In General" improve. Spent an hour plus in practice, but all I succeeded was to face the wrong way. Frustrated and angry, I clicked and clicked at the setup went out as the server was to be reset, and did 5 laps - yes five laps without spinning, but there was hardly anyone on track by now. I was very close to cancelling, but thanks to "My Hero" ;) I was given a helping hand and I decided to try.

So apologies to anyone whom I had misgivings with, Johno for one, but I was just going with the flow trying to keep my nose going forward.

Last chance at white now, but with Jnr on a roll, I'd best let him go first and follow. Will be difficult even from white, so see you all at Birmingham.

Hello Mav,

Please dont take it as a criticism because it wasn't meant that way at all. As I said, I was just unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I know as wel as anyone that it takes time, and the only way drivers are going to get better is by racing, not just practicing. Yes, you need to do a certain amount of practice first, but it is easy when your out on your own, and there is no pressure - it is a total new kettle of fish getting into a race.

Back in 2008, I strugged like crazy. I was yellow for the whole season, and was constantly spinning out all the time. Yet in practice, it was not a problem at all. Sure, I wasn't fast, but I could drive around the track. In a race, it was totally different, and it is only by keep turning up to meetings and racing in them that I learnt to control the car better.

But I now see the other side of the fence too. It's jolly disappointing when you end up not finishing due to very little fault of your own, and sometimes you are so disappointed, you say things you dont mean. What we have to remember is that I do think things even themselves out over a season (unless your name is TomD and God sits on your shoulder every week :rofl:).

I actually urge people like yourself Mav (and it appears Spike as he has a lose of confidence) to keep going and keep trying. The only way you wil 100% improveis by keep racing in the meetings, and dont be too down hearted if someone says something that sort ofputs you down, because in the cold light of day, when things have calmed down, everyoe knows that the lilkes of yourself is working hard to try and improve, and you dont mean to take them out.

Cheers

Johno

I have only scored 4 points in grand finals. that is 4 points from 5 grand finals. That really is not good enough

It seems you're doing yourself down a bit there Johno, just had a quick look on kev149.com and you got 4th place in the Sexbierum final, so add 16 points to the 4 you quoted! ;)

Enjoyed the King's Lynn meeting, managed to get a good run in the Final for a 3rd place finish, my highest Final finish for a while - one of the best tracks I feel, partly due to the fact that you cannot take liberties in the bends, with those big tyres not standing for any nonsense...well done Mike for the Final/GN wins and once again taking a load of points, and thanks to yourself and Kev for running the meeting,

Corny

With a lack of practice and very tricky corners, I could not expect to find things easy and I didn't. I think my favourite race was (I think) my second heat when I had a bit of a battle with Skeet and A.N.Other for a couple of laps mid race. Other than that, it was try to let the other white tops get a clean getaway, then try and keep the car pointing the right way.

Birmingham should suit me better.

I really need to put more practice time in, but I still enjoy my meetings.

I have only scored 4 points in grand finals. that is 4 points from 5 grand finals. That really is not good enough

It seems you're doing yourself down a bit there Johno, just had a quick look on kev149.com and you got 4th place in the Sexbierum final, so add 16 points to the 4 you quoted! ;)

o yeah - I had forgot about Sexbierum - a small ray of light then lol

Johno

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..