Sheffield Semi Final - This Thursday

Johno3

post-189-1278709637.png

Hello All,

This Thursday sees the UK Dirt F1's in their first World Championship Semi Final at Sheffield.

Sheffield has produced some superb racing this year, and Thursday is set to be no exception!

We will be releasing something at the start of the week in regards to both semi finals, but I will keep this thread up to date with bookings. I would be grateful if you could let me know if you do not intend to race in the semi final, as this will give a reserve the chance of racing.

Cheers

Johno

SEMI FINAL GRID (Those currently booked in are in Blue)

ROW 1: 315 ... 3

ROW 2: 8 ... 561

ROW 3: 137 ... 16

ROW 4: 39 ... 363

ROW 5: 164 ... 87

ROW 6: 413 ... 515

ROW 7: 525 ... 399

ROW 8: 221 ... 17

ROW 9: 126 ... 188

ROW 10: 551 ... 292

Reserves in order: 216, 323, 48, 516, 445, 291, 380, 599, 365, 260

Edited by Johno3

I'm currently not booking in for the meeting as I cannot do more than five laps without spinning on the racing line.

I just don't want to take the chance of ruining someone elses chance of qualifying, and I am sure it would be Johno!!!

If anyone would like to share their setup or give me understandable ways of stopping the car spinning, then I will be willing to test it and if successful would book in.

I don't have to be fast or well on the pace, just competent around the oval. All I am hoping for is to pick up a minor placing in the top ten.

Any help would be appreciated :thumbs_up:

I'm currently not booking in for the meeting as I cannot do more than five laps without spinning on the racing line.

I just don't want to take the chance of ruining someone elses chance of qualifying, and I am sure it would be Johno!!!

If anyone would like to share their setup or give me understandable ways of stopping the car spinning, then I will be willing to test it and if successful would book in.

I don't have to be fast or well on the pace, just competent around the oval. All I am hoping for is to pick up a minor placing in the top ten.

Any help would be appreciated :thumbs_up:

you can achieve red and superstar times by just simply pressing the default set up for this track- sorted mav

Hi Mav,

Tosh is right (as I have found out over the past couple of meetings)...the default setup for the F1's is top notch, and the only adjustments I now make are to the gearing and brake bias...all other tweaking time is spent finding a rhythm for my own braking and acceleration points and methods. Next time you are in a practice server, take an onboard view of one of the quick cars when they are on track and listen to how hard they are revving the engine, and how hard they are braking...this has been the biggest help to me rather than having someone explain what to tweak and why!

I am sure I have tried the default setup before and couldn't get on with it, so therefore I think its my driving style that is at fault. I'll have to do some testing and see what I can do.

If the server is up on tuesday evening / night, i'll do a fair bit of praccy to see what I can sort out.

Thanks for the info guys. :thumbs_up:

250 laps last night and I can now get round without spinning often!!!

I have also improved my lap times as a consequence but that was with having the track to myself, and I used most of it!!!!

There is just one tyre that sticks out and I seem very attracted to it, along with one post on either straight, but avoid them I will try.

The test will come in practice tonight, racing with other drivers around me.

So for now booking in unless tonights praccy goes horribly wrong :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..