Spedeweekend

sim_902

I'll b danderin about in a white 994 t-shirt, with the focus on the back(saturday) and the 206(sunday lol, im well prepared, well thats if its made in time 2.gif )

Leaving tomorrow teatime and stopping the night halfway down the road.  thumbs_up.gif

We're lording it in our backstraight marquee again this year but alcohol permitting i'll try and get out and about at some point over the weekend.

Are you staying at Orwell Meadows campsite Spudspeed? You (or at least your car) were next to us in 2002 and you (or one of your team) gave us a crate of beer when you were leaving on the Sunday after you'd won the Budweiser 500  thumbup.gif

I'll go some way to repaying the favour if i see you over the weekend.  2.gif

042.gif

Leaving tomorrow teatime and stopping the night halfway down the road.  thumbs_up.gif

We're lording it in our backstraight marquee again this year but alcohol permitting i'll try and get out and about at some point over the weekend.

Are you staying at Orwell Meadows campsite Spudspeed? You (or at least your car) were next to us in 2002 and you (or one of your team) gave us a crate of beer when you were leaving on the Sunday after you'd won the Budweiser 500  thumbup.gif

I'll go some way to repaying the favour if i see you over the weekend.  2.gif

042.gif

22227[/snapback]

we got the old marquee aswell m8

Guest Scrapman53

I'll be there.

Leaving tomorrow around 9pm and stopping at Scotch Corner for a kip so I can get down to Owrwell Meadows around lunchtime. (It'll be a beer lunch for me I think, followed by a beer dinner and supper).  thumbs_up.gif

Just a warning to all coming to ipswich speedweekend

Major road works on orwell bridge...  been very very long hold ups for the last 3+ weeks....  and sometimes taking well over an hour just to get over it...  and up to 2+ hours at peak times

You have been warned..  thumbup.gif

Edited by Budge313

Guest Scrapman53
Just a warning to all coming to ipswich speedweekend

Major road works on orwell bridge...  been very very long hold ups for the last 3+ weeks....  and sometimes taking well over an hour just to get over it...  and up to 2+ hours at peak times

You have been warned..  thumbup.gif

22247[/snapback]

Ouch!

Any chance of directions from an earlier turn off to Orwell Meadows campsite?

Im thinking of going, depends if I can get her to go.

Will be looking for a campsite to stay at, but most will probably be fully booked ? I know most of the local travel inn's are.

Is the campsite normally busy ? and does any one know of any more ? as I don't want to get down there and can't get in, end up sleeping in the car (she won't like that)

I've had a look about for some sites and found Orwell Meadows, so will ring them if I can talk her around, see if I can get a pitch.

Munster.

Yes m8.... or anyone else for that matter.... coming from the north/midlands

Take the first juntion off the A14 into ipswich   (whitehouse ind est)(also see park and ride signs) will see travel lodge on other side of A14...

left at round-a-bout... Will see asda in front of you.. and follow the road (keep right as road bears right)  under ferdo bridge... 

IF YOU SEE ANY SIGN FOR A & E Hospital....  FOLLOW THEM... 

Left at double round-a-bouts (first exit out)

keep on that road straight over round-a-bouts... and traffic lights... passed fire station.... straight over next...  and the nxt.... 

nxt 1 should be heath road round about.... Shell garage on left.... you need the right hand lane...  and NOW FOLLOW A & E signs...  will take you past hospital....  and nxt round-a-bout..... 

TURN LEFT.....   Foxhall Road....  follow road.... round S bends....  up the hill...at top of hill... on left...

FOXHALL STADIUM

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND.....

Scrap....  as for you or anyone else who's camping there...

these are small roads m8 so be carefull

follow the directions above... but go past the stadium...... at the end of the woods there's a cross roads.... turn right it's not that far and is a small road so plz look out for it ..... comes to a T road turn right....  that takes you to a cross roads.... straight over... at T road at top turn right.....  whenyou get to sainburys....  turn left at round-a-bout...  straight over first round-about... straight over nxt round-a-bout.....  300yards on right should be your camp site  thumbup.gif

if you want to carry on through town part... and traffic not to bad.... but it will build up you can go this way... prob quicker... but not if traffic bad m8... and reckon it will be tbh.... 

as direction to stadium... instead of turning down foxhall road go straight over round-a-bout...  2nd exit out at nxt round-a-bout.. (KFC) follow that road... and turn right at sainburys round-a-bout... then as above.... straight over first round-about... straight over nxt round-a-bout.....  300yards on right should be your camp site  thumbup.gif

Depending on weather...  i may see you there  thumbup.gif

Hope this helps... sorry if you get lost...  but mainly look out for A & E signs  thumbs_up.gif 

Edited by Budge313

Hello all as aussie said above we are going out for a ride round and a beer.

As for camp sites well im going to be staying at the suffolk showground as i think quite a few drivers are, i have got to go past my mum and dads house to get there  banghead2.gif .

but i think there will be plenty of beer flowing and it aint far from the track if peps are looking for a camp site then ring spedeworth and ask if spectators can stay there im sure u can.

If anyone does stay there but does not no the way i can meet u at the golf pub just turn right out of gate and up the hill then on your left and u can follow me there, hope this helps anyone who needed a site.

hope to see ya all there jay.

Yes spectators can stay at the Showground. We stayed there for a few years before the lure of a comfartable bar got too much and we moved to Orwell Meadows, finding that many other drivers/teams stop there as well.  thumbs_up.gif 

Hope too speak to some of you that are going.  042.gif

i will be there mate coz me brothers got summin special for both days in the bangers

wheres every1 stayin coz we will be at the show ground

Edited by Andy Boy

i will be there for my first time ever (to the WF, been to foxhall many a time). only going on the sunday tho, as im riding a trial on the saturday. will be good tho hopefully. dunno why i havent been before as i live locally in colchester. will see you there  042.gif (tho porbably wont have a clue who any of you are!!!) shrug.gif  banghead2.gif

enjoy biggrin.gif

(oh, and thanks for the warning about the bridge Budge, will take the old route from before the A14 was built when you always had to go thro ipswich.  thumbs_up.gif )

Hello all again im now trying to get a booking at orwell meadow for sat night but they are saying they are fully booked, So i pleaded and they said to ring them back 2nite and they should be able to squeeze me in rolleyes.gif .

so if u all going 2nite plz park nice and close and leave some room for me and some of the team tom nite lol.

Well good luck to anyone that is racing over the weekend and lets hope the weather is good and i may see a few of ya sat nite at the camp site, or walking around the stadium.  2.gif

so far so good was great day yesterday first 1300 stock car heat 5 roll overs lol stopages in every race . National hot rod front row of grid 994 keith martin pole 639 ricky hunn 2nd . Only 2 down points , first tricky taken to hospital in bangers apparently small operation but he was ok and secondly TEAM PANTS on tour came to grinding holt again lol after getting there at 6.00am and waiting round with few beers and the smell of bacon in the air in the second heat of the evening he was going into the scoreboard bend when the car in front decided to get rid of its gearbox and oil the next minute PANTS goes thunddering in head on into already parked ( and slightly bent car lol ) and pushes all the front back  but a bit of pulling and pushing and we got it out ready for this morning but missed out on 2ltr european which was won by 110 jonathan wilkes . So great first day roll on today .

p.s great to meet scrappy and sim902

p.p.s go CARL !!!!!!!

Edited by aussie427

it was a good weekend

my brother who raced the 2 trummies had a good day and he raced the salloon on saturday but it was slow but every1 left him alone in the first race. but in the second race he got done in drivers door and got stuck in it.

on saturday he raced the estate but the car was so slow so he pulled off.

hope every1 who went had a good weekend.

cheers

Andy Boy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..