Coventry results / points

Kevin

A disappointing 24 cars raced with the results being:

HEAT 1 (WORLD FINAL): 112, 315, 16, 413, 39, 561, 8, 188, 1, 391, 137, 31, 41, 262, 527, 87, 365, 172, 488, 531 (dnf 3, 221, 136)

HEAT 2: 136, 391, 413, 39, 3, 16, 188, 137, 85, 31, 221, 365

HEAT 3: 8, 561, 41, 85, 315, 1, 527, 488, 262, 172

GRAND FINAL: 221, 188, 31, 413, 315, 391, 39, 16, 1, 8, 85, 41, 365, 262, 527, 136, 172, 488 (dnf 3, 137, 561)

GN: 31, 136, 391, 188, 39, 8, 41, 413, 16, 315, 561, 85, 137, 527, 1, 221, 488, 172, 3

And the points scored were:

Number .. Points

112 .. 100

315 .. 45

413 .. 44

188 .. 40

39 .. 38

16 .. 34

391 .. 34

31 .. 31

8 .. 30

221 .. 25

561 .. 21

136 .. 18

290 .. 17

41 .. 11

85 .. 6

137 .. 5

3 .. 4

527 .. 2

172 .. 1

262 .. 1

488 .. 1

Zero: 87, 365, 531

Many congratulations to TomD(112) on becoming the 2010 UKDirt F1 World Champion and to Spike(221) on his final win.

Well after all the moaning and whining from me after Wednesday I though last night was a cracking nights racing, and it shows people can do things properly if they want :thumbs_up:

Shout for Dazza who took loosing the title well and who I had an excellent race with in heat 3 :042:

Thanks to admin for a slick night, with some excellent racing. Well done to Tom on the gold, and well done to Spike on the final win - i watched the second half of the race and you certainly didnt have it easy.

What a world final!!!! Surely this one has to go down as one of the best - if not the best - world final that UKDirtF1s has seen. Free from lap-down-take-out controversy that has plagued previous years, this year was all about the racing and it certainly delivered. The race started with a huge fight for the lead, which lasted 4 or 5 laps before anybody got a break. I think anybody in the top 15 could've had a sniff at the lead! The inevitable happened though, and with a few massive hits resulting in a few spinners, and suddenly, those who were at the forefront of that initial battle were soon dropping well down the places. I didn't get spun personally, but after having to avoid a few crashes and getting stuck on the outside line, I dropped from about 4th to 16th with a lap or two! It was especially surprising to see the two race favourites, Dazza and Murf, fighting it out for about 10th! The race did start to settle down then - I kept looking at the standings at the bottom and could see the 1st place dot was about half a lap ahead, but I had no idea who was leading. The rest of my race was spent battling with the likes of Harmen and Skeet, which was good stuff, although i was disappointed to fall short of the top 10. I was especially surprised when watching the replay just how close the battle up front was. The race was decided on the last bend, after a few laps of big hits between Leek, Tom and Mike, and the top 5 must have all finished within a second of each other! Fantastic stuff.

I started taking some clips for a video last night, so hopefully I get around to making one sometime! (No promises though!!!).

Points wise, I think last night was my worst all season - everytime I tried to get through the pack with a bit of aggression I got spun out - what is strange though, is that I still thought it was a great nights racing! Really fast and action packed.

Will try and get myself out next week if I can!

Thanks as ever to Kev and the rest of the admin team for another great meeting :thumbs_up:

Have to echo the comments above, last night was a belter of a meeting even if it wasn't as successful for me personally compared to Wednesday evening. I think everyone can award themselves some credit for being part of an epic double-header...shame a few folk had to cancel for last night but even with lopsided heats, the racing was still top notch. Well done everyone, long may it continue :appl:

And what a World Final debut! The first quarter of the race was an absolute blur...didn't have much of a plan except to try and keep out of any major trouble and get on the inside as quick as possible, and with big hits flying in over the first few laps I was amazed to find myself in the top 10 at one point, despite suffering from shock when seeing - and passing! - both Murf and Dazza recovering from separate incidents! The glory was short lived tho, as the expected big shove from the pack behind sent me into a half-spin on turn 4, and relegated me to 17th. Thankfully that gave me some clear track for a few laps to get a rhythm allowing me to quickly catch up with the pack, and thus spent the entire second half of the race having a great battle with MOR, Corny, Lee and even Harmen!!! There was not much to choose between us for a good few laps but not one of us gave in to the temptation of going in for a stupid hit as we were not slowing each other much - if at all - to sabotage our own chances of picking up the pieces somewhere in the last few laps. Superb bit of racing for sure, and just another argument in support of showing racing respect but still racing hard, I think that sums up what made the World Final such a stonker!

Cannae grumble at finishing 12th tho, and after having had a quick flick through my replay last night I still can't believe just how close it was during the first half of the race. Tom came flying past me after the first bend but was soon relegated back doon the order and didn't pass me again until the spin...and when I did spin on turn 4, Matthew was the last car to pass me and had to drive right to the armco in order to miss me, yet still managed to climb his way up to 4th by the finish. Amazing stuff!

As for the rest of the meeting, had a cracking battle with Spike at the start of Heat 2 but it only served to ruin both our races as it allowed the blues to catch up and we soon found ourselves shuffled down to the lower end of the top 10...and I then had the misfortune to clash with a suspiciously slow moving Pixie on a few different occassions, including on the last bend when his car almost stopped on the racing line leaving me nowhere to go but hit him square on his back bumper, with the subsequent ricochet from the cars behind sending me spinning. I can only assume the Pixie's distinct lack of pace was as a result of picking up some damage somewhere... :scared15:

Got a distinct feeling of deja-vu in the Final as after the early lap sort-oot, I found myself chasing Spike down again for most of the race, only this time as the laps ticked by, I could smell Aub getting closer and closer. Again, Spike made my end of the race decision for me, only this time I caught him with 2 laps to go, so left me with no option but to go for the big hit on turn 4 and hope I could shove him deep enough into the corner to give me a break for the last lap...nae luck tho, Spike held the hit superbly and returned the compliment on turn 1...if it wasn't for that pesky F2-rodder nerfing his way up the inside aswell, then maybe one of us would have had a shot at Spike on the last bend :3:

Fair play to Spike tho, I can't think of a more worthy winner of the Final on World Final night...jings it was almost like Cov on Saturday when Les Spencer had a shot back at Matt Newson in the Final! Well done to you Spike, a very well deserved victory not because of your efforts as a hard-working member of the admin team and the fact you've been part of UK-Dirt since the beginning, but because you drove the wheels off that car on Wednesday and Thursday and won it by racing hard. :king:

And so I salute you all...thanks for two great nights of racing and congratulations to a worthy World Champion and a worthy Final winner. All that's left to be said is good luck to Johno and thanks for all your hard work along with the rest of the admin team, bring on the British Championship!!!

Thanks for meeting Kev, also a big thanks to UKSOM for getting their server ready incase we needed it due to our servers having ongoing network issues and was going down without notice early evening, but gladly it held up well all through the meeting just as we had hoped.

Ive got to admit, Coventry isnt one of my preferred tracks atall but after Wednesday I found a setup I was happy driving and with that some decent pace. Come World Final time I had no expectations as we all know absolutely anything can happen in 'The Big Race' and somehow it did or must have as somehow I came out of the early battles leading and quite a nice lead. Perhaps thinking about it now I perhaps shuld have won the race but I did get slowed when lapping a few cars (not intentional may I add), I think it was partly down to me being a bit to tentative approaching them and not wanting to make a mistake.

Credit to Mike who once he had a chance at getting me he did and I almost managed to use Harmen as a bumper to stop me from going to wide but ended up spinning and droping back to 4th. Going into the last lap sat back watching Mike, Tom and JK battling and hoped they would all launch each other and give me the chance to nip through on the inside, thus it didnt happen and I was to busy watching them to notice id mucked the corner up and almost span myself and ended up loosing 4th place to Matthew over the line.

All in all though, really good meeting after the World Final aswell and Well Done to all the winners and to Tom for the World Final of course. :appl:

Thanks very much to Kev for running the meeting, and to everyone that raced over the two days.

I thought the two days ofracing were absolutely fantastic (excusing the fact I only picked up 5 points over the two days!).

The World Final has to godown as the best yet, or certainly the best World Final that I have ever been in. Nothing controversial what so ever, and a truely epic race where you never knew who wold take the flag - and I am talking metres before the the finishing line too!

Well done to all of the winners of the weekend. Tom on a World Final driver to remember (and also becoming the first two time World Champion) and Spike and Skeet for taking the Grand Final wins over the weekend.

Cheers

Johno

Fantastic meeting guys.

The world final was fantastic im glad i was part of it i even got to the dizzy heights of 3rd at 1 point then my nose started bleeding so i had to lose a few places to get back into normality lol. The final was again a great race with 2 to go i thought i could win this then that dopey jock (skeet) got in the way and slowed us down 1 bend to early and that was just enough to give spike the win.

Easily my best f1 meeting on shale since winning the british in 2008

Big well done to Tom and winning the World and well done to Spike on winning the final.

Well what can I say that I haven't on the other thread lol. Many thanks to Kev for the meeting and the stewarding, top notch as always, well I only know the WF was :rolleyes: lool. The racing was cracking in the WF itself any of a handful of people could of won going into the last lap, was superb racing between myself, Mike, JK, LeeK, Aub and Drumbstick to name a few throughout the race. Thought my chances were over after Dave rejoined on the homestraight and I clipped him going into turn 1 and thought I had no chance, LeeK was well clear, me Mike and JK were bumper to bumper and thought this could get hectic but we got our heads down and hunted LeeK down, Mike got to LeeK first and had a few car lengths gap but was held up when passing so meant me and JK caught so going into the last lap we were all very close and all within a shot of winning, was intense stuff and a great finish, Cheers for the awesome night lads :king: better get me skins sorted now :lol::intheclub:

What a Great world final. Never suspect that i will be in the top 3 on a Shale track. Started in the middle first couple of laps started good stay out in trouble and stayed in the Inside line. Then there was a change to get away from the group. After that I didn’t have the Setup and Myself to drive to the front of the pack so i let Mike and Tom go so that i can follow because if i will hit them every corner leek was away and we all hade nothing. So we was getting to leek. mike took leek out so there was 3 left. I braked to let tom and mike in front of me. At the last lap i hope tomd will follow Mike in because TomD doing that always haha. and hoping that I’m gone be first. But that didn’t happened. Was a nice race. Need to say it was looked clean so no dirty things of chicken moves. Not many problems with the back markers who was letting the leaders pass nice!

I Didn’t want to say it but Big Well Done TomD. Haha

Thanks everybody for that meeting. Racing was after a long time fun again. And that’s not because I’m 3th in the WF.

Sorry like always if the spelling is not right!

Cheers,

JK

Great nights racing.

I started 21st out of 23 or something, so was pleased with 4th place.

Got a decent start and tried to follow Tom through the chaos but got caught up in the crash that Skeet mentioned and had to turn right, almost stop then come back over. Pleased that I didn't wall ride my way around which some people would have. I was way back down the order then but slowly worked my way through and had a great battle with Tosh and Aub, it took me a good 5 laps to finally pass Tosh and we did a whole lap side by side, awesome stuff.

Once I'd got clear I put in two really crap laps on my own, like 14.4's. If I'd been in the 13.9's I reckon I'd have been in with a chance on the last lap but never mind. As it turned out I had a grandstand seat for the last bend fight which was pleasantly restrained so congratulations to the leaders for that.

Leek got sideways on the last bend and I snuck through to take 4th.

I can't remember any of the rest of the meeting at all!

Is it really a week already since this WF two-dayer kicked off?! Just like to say - albeit belatedly - that both nights were very well run by Kev, and racing-wise as enjoyable as just about any online meetings I have taken part in. Even though it's just online, Coventry seems to retain some of its 'mecca' status as with the real meetings there, due I am sure in no small part to the quality MoR has put into the rF track - always feels good to race here. Some close racing for myself over the two nights, particularly with Kruiz in a few of the races which was all fair. Well done to Skeet for a fine performance over the two days, and Spike for winning your first rF F1 Final - well deserved.

World Final itself, well my chances pretty much evaporated in an instant when a car I had lined up going onto the second lap suddenly shifted to the outside, I was carrying far too much speed, had no time to react and ended up just tagging MoR's back bumper and spinning with the momentum. In hindsight the cars behind me weren't as close as I had thought they were at the time, but anyway I was racing for the win, made a split-second commitment which didn't pay off, so be it. Think I was about last after that so to get back through to 10th with a decent race along the way, it could've been worse and just seeing the way the race developed amongst those up front can only be a good thing for the league in general - well done again Tom, LeeK so near yet so far but a hell of a race none the less and a top drive.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..