The missing drivers....

Matty300

Pads/keyboard and swingman in 2011... come on now who wants to spend money on a wheel / sim-rig to take it serious is someone along side will be racing on a laptop keyboard :(

You and that other retard are obviously team speaking for ban the pad/keyboarders then......

Great advert to increase numbers that is son..."we really encourage people of all abilities and grades to race....apart from ones who haven't got a wheel"!!!!

Good thinking that is :appl::compbang:

And there it is in black and white, the UKDirt elite's real opinion on the matter. Any further discussion is rather futile don't you think?

Sim racing has evolved it can't be denied. UKDirt hasn't and the numbers have dwindled to reflect it.

Unless there is some other reason why the "hardcore sim" method regularly gets the big turnouts and the "welcome alcomers" doesn't.

PS I agree with drumbsticks quote!

Here was me thinking we had a topic that was going to be constructive, but alas has been taken over by people with agenda's.

At least me looking on this thread has identified that some people still have "paid member" posting and viewing rights on the forum that they haven't paid for, so at least we can fix that.

Last time I checked, Kendo was not part of the UKDirt elite as you call it., but I guess a non racing poster on our forum knows better than me.

As one of the longest serving members of ukdirt's general admin, I was simply trying to use this thread helpfully started by an interested racing member to see if we could change or improve things for everyone's benefit.

The contructive points I have gleaned so far that I want to put to the AGM are:

1. Change and simplify the fee structure and joining instructions, followed by more straightforward PC, wheel set up etc minimum requirements.

2. Find a way of bringing back proper practice sessions and clinics to help newbies or rFactor newbies/ex Heat racers get a chance to get nearer the pace before trying to race meetings

3. Have "open meetings" to let people try before they buy.

4. I've no idea about the TS thingy, but if it is half as annoying as the "spotter", it probably will help put people off their racing line if I shouted at the right time. But we probably should decide whether we have it or not and if so, there should be a ukdirt version to allow access for all. If we are being more like real life and not an arcade game, then we shouldn't have it as it's not allowed in real life short oval racing. Just needs a simple rule clarification.

5. Get more people interested in helping run ukdirt. It always surprises me on topics like this that many people seem to have a view that there is a big brother ukdirt persona somewhere trying to make their racing life a nightmare. If that's the case, I'm sorry for spending several hours per week every week over the last 3 years doing my bit with no racing enjoyment in return. I am certified bonkers. I'd like to see someone on General Admin purely responsible for promoting ukdirt, the F2's Paul Brown of ukdirt if you like.

I hope we get more constructive points on here and if you think I've missed any that you think would help, please post again here.

In terms of timescale to make any decisions, that's not decided as it will take some time to find a time that all General Admin plus some elite invites (to past General Admin members) can get together.

I am planning on attending real F1 meetings over the next 2 long weekends which will eat into the available time. Most of my spare time at the moment is going into setting up my wheel properly and trying to get nearer the pace in F2s to try and get some online fun to make all this other stuff I do worth the hassle.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the simstox+ukdirt saloons initiative looked like a great idea and a step forward to me and it died on its ar5e.

Mainly because of the aformentioned attitude!

People are voting with their feet and its sad to see it. After being part of ukdirt at its height and seeing it now its completly changed. You ask for help in praccy you get ignored or a smart arse answer, you give your opinion as yo why your not racing and your told your wrong!

Ask anyone the number 1 reason why they gave up on UKDirt and they will say due to the elitism, seems there's not many who have the plumbs or intrest in saying it. And its no use you boys saying a collective "oh no there isnt" bucause you are on the wrong side of the fence to see it!

I have written a detailed set-up guide(it does need updating as 1 or 2 points are not 100% accurate), offered to do free set-up and help sessions, and provided F2 set-ups(The F1 defaults are mine as well) what else do you want me to do Pete?

As for what happened with the saloons, nobody knows what happened and those who were not involved can't really comment.

PS I agree with drumbsticks quote!

So would that be enough to get you out racing?

And there it is in black and white, the UKDirt elite's real opinion on the matter. Any further discussion is rather futile don't you think?

I really don't understand this comment Pete, would you care to elaborate? Kendo may be a long time respected member, but holds no admin position in UKDirt and has no say on things? I ask because I really hope we can get this thread back on track as it has some very valid points from everyone who has commented.

1) Whats that got to do with the price of tea, and as I was involved (albeit for a very short period of time) I CAN comment.

2) NO because now more that ever if I went out I'd be more of a target than ever from the elite.

3) You don't underatand anything wrong with this:

You and that other retard are obviously team speaking for ban the pad/keyboarders then......

Great advert to increase numbers that is son..."we really encourage people of all abilities and grades to race....apart from ones who haven't got a wheel"!!!!

Good thinking that is

then god I don't know.

You ask for a reason, you don't like the reason you get so you all miss the main issue and hit the wall.

Counter in case you missed the bold underlined:

Sim racing has evolved it can't be denied. UKDirt hasn't and the numbers have dwindled to reflect it.

What other reason can it be when alternatives are getting the numbers, don't let UK Dirt go down the pan because of your short sightedness here.

But this will be my last post because untill ClubDirt catches up a bit nothing will ever change.

Or else I'll join the "Oh yeah everythings perfect I really don't understand why only the club members and a few outsiders still race" chant :246:

Edited by pete904

1) Whats that got to do with the price of tea, and as I was involved (albeit for a very short period of time) I CAN comment.

You claimed nobody was doing anything to help other people, I want to know what else you would like me to do to help people?

2) NO because now more that ever if I went out I'd be more of a target than ever from the elite.

Why you are entitled to your opinion as much as the next man!

3) 3) You don't underatand anything wrong with this:

Good thinking that is

then god I don't know.

You ask for a reason, you don't like the reason you get so you all miss the main issue and hit the wall.

Point me to where I said there was nothing wrong with this, both me and counter pointed out that Kendo is not a UKDirt admin member and has no influence that's all.

Or else I'll join the "Oh yeah everythings perfect I really don't understand why only the club members and a few outsiders still race" chant

This thread was looking at ways to improve it, and hopefully still will!

As a new driver competing in my first meeting just last week i can agree with a few points made, about lack of drivers and to a certain extent the elitist drivers.

i must say i was a bit of a nuisance on track getting in peoples way and not knowing where i should be at times, but no one insulted me everyone was patient and gave me advice rather than insulting me, it feels like a good community.

i do like the idea of the feeder formula to get beginners used to rfactor and the online racing.

the two weeks trial for new comers that used to be available i think should make a return as someone mentioned earlier,

and one off open meetings would also be good as a few people have mentioned friends who are interested in racing,

i personally didnt find signing up and paying to be to difficult but i suppose it could be made a bit clearer.

advice for lower graders on set ups as mentioned by a few people wouldnt go a miss, but then again lower graders including myself havent asked for advice (in my case has resulted in frustration at times when the car spins out on the bend, abit more practise wouldnt do any harm)

some good suggestions have been made, unfutunately this topic seems to have turned into a bit of a slinging match in the last few posts, hopefully it can get back on track (pardon the pun) and we can get solutions to see more drivers on track

At least me looking on this thread has identified that some people still have "paid member" posting and viewing rights on the forum that they haven't paid for, so at least we can fix that.

Im on it right now. Call me elitist or whatever I dont care Pete, but I let you have your say here for long enough considering you didnt have your access revoked as a non paying member so not your times up and thats the end of it and hopefully we can get back on topic.

With regards to an earlier post about a AGM with members, I do like the idea but I do have a concern that if we all gathered in chat it could end up into a free for all and we might not even get anywhere with the mass amount of different opinions all coming out at once. I think this type of thread is perhaps more of use as people can post as and when they want to make their points for everyone else to see clearly.

With regards to an earlier post about a AGM with members, I do like the idea but I do have a concern that if we all gathered in chat it could end up into a free for all and we might not even get anywhere with the mass amount of different opinions all coming out at once. I think this type of thread is perhaps more of use as people can post as and when they want to make their points for everyone else to see clearly.

Possibly do it mod specific (maybe through a meeting seeing as people say they aint talking to one another when in server...) and then just pool all the ideas into one.

Good to see that Speed enjoyed his first meeting last week, and felt he was treated ok - this is the way forward, keep it up all. As has been stated, F1 rFactor is a very difficult formula to race well on-line, so lots of encouragement for other drivers is a big help. :thumbup:

Hi all i have been looking at these comments on here as a new driver to uk dirt, some people have got it right , i can say i have been on the end off some of the comments made by other drivers who are higher grades i complained to admin nothing got done yet i see lower grade drivers getting a ban for it !!!!!!!!!! This needs to be policed better across the board to make it a fair playground for all to enjoy if you want it to grow in numbers.tThis is not a attack on any body in admin as i or have enjoy racing but you need numbers to race with i got the feeling they was the same faces week in and week out racing together thats good but not if your comiing in for the fisrt time this is not a attack on theses guys as some do help i know this will get frown on a bit !!!!!! I have never understood some peoples driving habits with big ott hits we can all do this if we want ,surely its about drivers speed ,getting past traffic,small hits getting past cars,do it in the right manner as in real life!!!!! this is just a thought its a pity the game can t do damage to your own car with this big ott hits then we would see who s left in , i m not saying you can t hit this is what the bumper is for but not as hard !!!! i think this would bring on better races not spolted ones by some hot heads This is some of the things that have i have noticed having joined uk dirt, i can see it is hard to please all who race this is only construtive criticism to help uk dirt look into

cheers newcomer jakie 33

can see what your saying jakie but remember the fact you let your dad race under your name at a meeting and who ruined races for drivers (me included) and you got banned for it and wondered why you were getting abuse! Some of the lower graders like yourself get big hits from some of the higher graders since cant trust to go past and maybe get turned into a tyre or the infield so give you a big hit to get your out the way so we get past without getting slowed down trying to get past you. Prime example in some cases is waqar, sometimes no in full control of the car but when he takes someone out usually apologises instead of just sitting saying whatever!

Wee Dode#151

Sustained lapdown attempts to prevent another driver from winning the Hot Rod World Final, regarded as being Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

A life ban from UK Dirt Hotrods.

The removal of 2nd Tier Admin status for the banger mod.

A 3 month all mods ban.

He can race again (other than in Hot Rods) from 17 August 09.

WHOOPS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the comments Jakie, that is what this thread is about.

We do need and want to continue to make ukdirt a place where everyone who wants to race online can and will feel welcome.

Given everyone has their own reasons for racing online and their own view of what "stock car racing" is about, we have the difficult job of trying to make some simple and basic rules to try and keep it fair without being too heavy handed on punishments to try and keep it as fair as possible.

One of the reasons I stopped doing F2 Admin was that for some reason people seemed to think we were dealt with differently. I think I received as many "timeouts" whilst I was a member of the Admin team for on track incidents as I had before I'd become an Admin member, only downside being I still turned up to the meetings to RM them!

A while back we decided to revisit a large number of "lifebans" that had been handed out and offered most of them another opportunity to race provided they stuck closer to the rules to keep it fair for everyone. I don't think we have had to reinstate any of these lifebans, so hopefully this will continue to have been a good decision.

Looking forward to more thoughts and views on this thread, even from "the other side" who seem to be keeping a regular check on this thread :rolleyes:

Hi all i have been looking at these comments on here as a new driver to uk dirt, some people have got it right , i can say i have been on the end off some of the comments made by other drivers who are higher grades i complained to admin nothing got done yet i see lower grade drivers getting a ban for it !!!!!!!!!!

Jakie just to ask are you referring to the first meeting of the F1 season at Birmingham?

Hi corny you asked me if i was referring to the birmingham yes it was not a good start things were happening for the wrong reason i don t want to mention any names as admin are aware of it then later i read that uk dirt operate a no tolerance or should in server for swearing as at he time was aim at me , as a new member it was not nice the fun was taken out of the night only later to be told no action will be taken i don t want to go back in time trying to looking up beat and foward but how can you take it serious when nothing gets done this is about missing members not about me maybe they are two sets of rules when i have only read one !!!!!!! I think there should be loads more members doing uk dirt as it is fun but not like this you can imagine the trouble it would cause havoc having more members untill the rules can be followed, all this has been a good read it should take uk dirt forwards not backwards , if it can happen to me it can happen all over again to a new member !!!!!!!

I'd just like to clarify something as my name is mentionned for no reason whatsoever.....

My whole point in this thread and many others that I have posted on, and a point that seems to get lost, is purely that it is down to the individual to decide if they want to race with a wheel, pad, keys or any other device and with whatever view that they feel is best suited to them.

Ukdirt is not a dicatatorship, nor has it ever been.

I do have a wheel but I choose not to use it as i don't want to.......simples.

I'm quite happy flicking between white and blue and I was extremely happy last year when I won the whites and yellows F2 title at Belle Vue - if that's the elite to me then so be it.

A stockcar grid (and life for that matter) is made up of people of all different colours and abilities....the way i see your posts is that you are not happy with this hence why my posts are very aggresive to you and your ideas as they are out of date.

On that grid of however many I'm sure quite a few were racing with pads or even on keys but it was a good race and that's what everyone is after irrespective of the colour of your roof.

Apologies to f1 admin for my posts on this thread as it is in the F1 rf forum rather than the f2's.

Wee Dode#151

Sustained lapdown attempts to prevent another driver from winning the Hot Rod World Final, regarded as being Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

A life ban from UK Dirt Hotrods.

The removal of 2nd Tier Admin status for the banger mod.

A 3 month all mods ban.

He can race again (other than in Hot Rods) from 17 August 09.

WHOOPS !!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl:

congratulations...you have mastered copy and pasting :coffee:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..