BUXTON - Updated Track Version

Corny 391

To prevent anyone from potentially wasting time practicing on an old track version, can I take this opportunity to remind you that a new version of the Buxton track has been released recently. If you do not yet have it, click HERE to download it and install ready for next week's World Qualifying Round.

Thanks,

Corny

Edited by Corny 391

I notice Waqar mentioned he could not get the new Buxton to load, and I seem to be getting the same thing.

I installed the new version, and it failed to laod. I then remembered Buxton has to have DX9 setting in rFactor Config rather than my usual DX7 setting. Howver, this made no difference now - I get an error message of "Error loading PEAK for material HORIZPEAK".

Anyone else struggling or any ideas?

I am not sure I am afraid guys, you might need to wait until someone more qualified than myself answers.

I deleted the old track first to make sure that nothing went wrong. You can find this by going to rfactor>gamedata>locations and then deleting the Buxton one.

If it is not this, then I am afraid I am clueless.

Cheers

Johno

Heres what cured same problem for me lads. When extracting the winzipped Buxton update I placed it in a new folder entitled Buxton (in rFactor> Gamedata>locations).If you double click on the folder then you should find that there is another folder WITHIN that folder also entitled Buxton. This, I think, is where problem lies. What I did was bring up the folder a layer if you will, so that there is only one folder entitled buxton. Right click on the second buxton folder, select cut, move back a folder, & click paste. The game can load the track fine after this without error.Hope this helps :thumbup:

Edited by matty

That certainly rings a bell with me Matty as I had that problem before with a couple of circuits I'd tried to install such as Melbourne, same type of error coming up and everything and track not loading, so fingers crossed you've pinpointed exactly what might be wrong with Big Al's install. :thumbs_up:

Also I did not know that Buxton had to/was recommended to be run in DX9 - could this explain why I have experienced seemingly quite sluggish frame rates when running in DX7? (Never measured the frame rate on it but it's not difficult to realise is it when it's slow)

Still struggling I'm afraid, trying Matty method.

So after the above, are you left in the Buxton folder with various files called Buxton (with file extensions AIW/CAM/GDB/SCN/TDF) plus the Buxton8, BuxtonFog and BuxtonHR folders?

I still get the same error message.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..