RESULTS: Coventry (12/05/2011)

Johno3

Hello All,

First of all, thanks to everyone that has raced over the two days. It has been absolutely superb to see so many new faces come and race with us and I hope they will come and race with us again. Dont forget, if you have raced over the course of the 2 days, you are entitled to membership for only £7.50.

Onto the meeting itself, and the main attraction on the night was the UK Oen Championship. Despite the fact that James (560) ran him close, MoR (137) successfully defended the UK Open Championship to become the first person to do so in this championship event. Congratulations must go to him on becoming a two time champion.

Onto the meeting itself, and it Matty (300) who took the meeting final. It was a very hectic race but the racing was hard fought with the blue grade driver coming out on top in the end. James (560), after two heat wins, became the top points scorer on the evening.

A final word must go to the new faces that came to join us. I think we were all impressed with each and every one of you. Some mistakes were made, but in the main they were apologised for as they were toally accidental. Well one to all those drivers!

Results:

W+Y: 560 114 84 525 56 285 568 199 465

Heat 1: 84 39 115 277 188 221 1 3 151 525

Heat 2: 560 315 188 3 84 137 300 391 525 39

Heat 3: 560 315 137 380 285 300 482 277 56 262

Heat 4: 391 114 1 380 137 84 3 300 151 115

Heat 5: 114 391 115 277 39 482 151 315 262 525

Consi 1: 151 262 482 256 525 221 568 465 199 56

A-Final: 300 560 256 315 3 262 482 1 391 380

UK OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP: 137 39 391 3 1 256 262 560 380 300

44 pts 560 Dodge

40 pts 391 Corny

38 pts 3 Johno

38 pts 137 MoR

35 pts 300 Matty

32 pts 39 LeeK

31 pts 315 Mike

30 pts 256 Hooty

30 pts 1 TomD

24 pts 262 Harmen

20 pts 380 Daveyboy

15 pts 84 Bully JNR

15 pts 114 Cobley

15 pts 482 Sanderr

13 pts 115 Green

11 pts 277 Southy

10 pts 188 Aub

4 pts 285 Mav JNR

4 pts 151 Dode

3 pts 525 Maverick

3 pts 221 Spike

1 pts 56 Vixtro

0 pts 141 Bob

0 pts 199 Waqar

0 pts 465 Jedd

0 pts 568 Adam

* UK Open scored as a meeting final for the purpose of the National Points.

Thanks once again to everyone that raced over the two days. I hope that we will see you again at Cowdenbeath next week.

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

Hello All,

We are currently having some issues with the drivers that have come to race during the open meeting in terms of getting them on the database. This will delay the UK Dirt website being updated. I will post on here when everything is up to date, but I will not be around all weekend so it will be Sunday night at the earliest.

Cheers

Johno

MoR (137) successfully defended the UK Open Championship to become the first person to do so in this championship event. Congratulations must go to him on becoming a two time champion.

Yeah I second that.Well done MoR, excellent drive, congratulations.

A superb meeting I thought, well run given the number of new faces getting to grips with how it all works, lets hope the free taster did enough to keep them coming back.

Horrible meeting. To be honest I wasnt in the mood for it after the final was fiddled from the night before. Bully should have been yellow after scoring 30 points on wednesday even a admin member agreed to this thus he went and changed to yellow only to find out he now only has 28 points because the rule breakers had been added into the results. Wednesdays final and the last coventry final both saw mike just the corner and miss a sector thus go a lap down. No way should anyone be reinstated after cutting the track you cant do it anywhere else so here should be no exception. It happened to me twice over the two days through no fault of my own and I pulled off in both occasions its only fair not only does it waste admins time but it also confuses other drivers and that could affect the race anyway.

Im done

MoR (137) successfully defended the UK Open Championship to become the first person to do so in this championship event. Congratulations must go to him on becoming a two time champion.

Yeah I second that.Well done MoR, excellent drive, congratulations.

Thanks guys much appreciated - well chuffed I was able to defend the title! James was extremely hard to catch and mounted a great challenge - great race mate! Well done on top scoring too. Well done to Matty with the final win.

Thanks to Johno for running the meeting - looked like it would have been tremendously stressful from where I was sitting.

MoR

WD to MoR on the title defence. Sounds like it was a good challenge for him. I had to abandon the UK Open race as my wheel decided not to work. The admins reset the game weekend to adjust the laps and my wheel started working again but as they were in the race i could not logon to the server.

There were some good racing. Were having a good battle with the blues until Hooty decided to follow us into the fence and wrecked the race. Watched the reply and it he had the throttle down all the way till the fence. Anyway. I thought the new faces did well - not perfect but i'm sure we all weren't when we joined.

Southy 277

Yeah was an Epic follow-in wasnt it. Not denying it. Just sick of people that constantly tap-tap-tap on the rear of your car all the time, just enough to hold you up but not enough so that they pass you. You were just the unfortunate person that got in the way when i finally boiled over.

Great night I thought and well done to Mor for winning the title.

Yeah was an Epic follow-in wasnt it. Not denying it. Just sick of people that constantly tap-tap-tap on the rear of your car all the time, just enough to hold you up but not enough so that they pass you. You were just the unfortunate person that got in the way when i finally boiled over.

Great night I thought and well done to Mor for winning the title.

I will say the exact same words (differnet driver for me though) - sums up my night also Hooty, and agree with some of Aubs post too.

Not an enjoyable night. Warp & cheap shots got my goat so I lost it in the Final and UK Open when I did have a chance of a decent finish in both taken away from me.

Jnr had had enough after Consolation, he apologises for his error, he still doesnt know how it happened. Had to coax him back to do the UK Open, then he wishes he had gone to bed because it was rubbish he said.

Putting it all down to experience and moving on.

WD MOR, pleased you won it :scared15:

Edited by Mav

Bully should have been yellow after scoring 30 points on wednesday even a admin member agreed to this thus he went and changed to yellow only to find out he now only has 28 points because the rule breakers had been added into the results.

Sorry Aub but you refer to two things in your post that ive never heard of before? What do you mean should have been yellow after scoring 30 points? Are you saying that drivers get an instant upgrade if you score 30 points in a meeting? Also what are rule breakers and how are they added into the results? Forgive me if Im ignorant of these things, just havent a clue what you mean!

Bully should have been yellow after scoring 30 points on wednesday even a admin member agreed to this thus he went and changed to yellow only to find out he now only has 28 points because the rule breakers had been added into the results.

Sorry Aub but you refer to two things in your post that ive never heard of before? What do you mean should have been yellow after scoring 30 points? Are you saying that drivers get an instant upgrade if you score 30 points in a meeting? Also what are rule breakers and how are they added into the results? Forgive me if Im ignorant of these things, just havent a clue what you mean!

whites get a instant upgrade if they get 30 points. Rule breakers = corner cutters

I couldn't make this week's meetings which was a downer, especially seeing how many raced Thursday night. A mixed bag of comments but sounds a cracking meeting.

Well done Matty on your Final win, especially from blue top.

Hope the new faces enjoyed themselves and become a regular feature.

I am hoping to be back next Thursday although might be a bit of a rush beforehand.

I thought there was abit of good racing over the two days, wednesday night being the best night for me overall but thursday had mix feelings about the racing, saw a few follow ins going on and a certain driver just t-boning one of the new drivers big time, don't know for what reason but I thought it was uncalled for.

Other then that really enjoyed the Final on thursday with me , Dode and Leek I think trying to get the last scoring postion and from what I can remember we all just went into the last bend fast and somehow I just bounced off the fence and crossed over the line for 10th.

The main race I got away from the reds and was up to 4th I think but harmen came in and put the bumper in and then everyone else was with us and getting myself into a few battles afterwards.

huge congratulations to Mor for defending the championship :thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..