GN Championship Final!

Simon31

post-243-1318363280.jpg

This Monday sees the elite formula the mighty F2s host the 2011 Grand National Championship at the popular Racewall!

Last year’s winner #188 Aub hopes to be present but it all depends if his car has come back from a freshen up at Randall Motorsport!

One of the favourites for this year’s GN title has to be #236 DanSkin, Dan has taken most of the smaller championships this season but can also win big as he showed at the British earlier in the season to take the first major of the 2011 season! #112 TomD wont be letting Dan get away as the current world champion sits inside on the front row with #41 Drumstick on the outside which will show a tough wall for Dan to break to get to the front!

Other interest shows last weeks final winner #115 Green on the outside row 3, Green is without a doubt one of the fastest man on our raceways can we see him take his first championship? Further back the field we have #641 Mav who has shown to be well on the pace in recent weeks and took the return to blue grade very well and has been the man from that grade in recent weeks!

#560 Dodge hopes to make a big impact in this meeting, with very fast laptimes could he hold out for this one?

The novice of the year is still away with lead changing again with #31 Simon taking the lead off #954 Samwhit with an impressive 34 points at Birmingham last Monday, which gives him a 17 point lead over Sam, as we have seen all season this is a long way from being over, and the lead could very well change at this meeting again!

Lower graders #921 Spiro, #220 Dougieford, #165 Jedd and #199 Waqar all hope to be present with Spro stamping his name in f2s in recent weeks and almost taking the final last Monday after leading until the last lap!

GRID

112 - 41
236 - 151
39 - 115
277 - 46
641 - 31
560 - 315
221 - 632
954 - 164
87 - 188
760 - 131
774- 488
365 - 155

Reserves: 256, 531, 380, 495, 165, 318, 550, 122, 249, 313, 921, 33, 18, 912, 172, 30, 199, 220, 599, 351

Former Winners!

HEAT WINNERS

2002 - Trash #512
2003 - AndyH #148
2004 - Michael #567
2005 - Corny #391
2006 - BigMaus #24
2007 - Prydie #9
2008 - DaveyBoy #380
2009 - LeeK #39

RFACTOR WINNERS

2009 - Tosh #164
2010 - Aub #188

We hope see you there as its set to be a epic meeting!
UKDIRT ADMIN!
Edited by drumbstick

I agree also. Never liked this track for rfactor.

I practiced here for the last meeting and was useless, so gave the meeting a miss. One factor that contributed was me trying to stay wide to allow others through, but due to the racing line being so high I was being forced onto the fence, then in an attempt to get off, I skewed across the track into oncoming traffic. I was a liability so didn't race.

Although I have booked in for this meeting as its a Championship Meeting, it will depend on whether I can get a setup together and if I feel I can get round without hindering others.

The track is tight enough without not having anywhere to go on the inside as well as getting stuck on the outside. I can see me giving it a miss tbh; May just do the GN race.

I honestly fear for the lower graders because this track will bring the worst out of them, not through their own fault, which will give others even more reason to scream at them!

I can see the top 4 being the top four at the end of the race barring pile ups!

Does anyone still have the older version? I can see why the current version is like it is. Not many cars that hit the fence at Cowdie actually come off it. They are normally in bits. But it is OTT. I remember being very fustrated at the last meeting especially with the fact that some drivers were using big hits to send you into the sticky wall.

Nice preview Si!

Edited by southy277

i do have the old version, however if we were to just replace it on the server no 2011 setups would work on the old version of the track, f2 admin have tried to contact the track maker (madcowie) to see if he could possibly add the grip level from the current version to the old version so the grip is the same but the walls would be less ott, or even if he had no time to do this maybe we could do it with his permission

from what i hear it is just a case of changing 1 file but we are not about to go ahead and edit someone elses work without there permission, so if we dont hear back from cowie by saturday at the very latest we will have to stick with the version on the server we have now im affraid, but we are looking into it and i will keep you all posted, as i agree the walls are very ott at the minute

Edited by Dave488

AS EXPECTED WE DIDNT HEAR ANYTHING BACK REGARDING CHANGING THE TRACK TO MAKE IT BETTER SO WE WILL BE STAYING WITH THE 1 ON THE SERVER WE USED EARLIER IN THE YEAR, I KNOW ITS NOT IDEAL BUT THATS WHERE WE ARE AT SORRY

I WILL ADD I DONT PLAN TO USE COWDIE NEXT YEAR IF IT ISNT CHANGED BY THEN I DONT CARE HOW MANY TIMES THEY RACE THERE IN REAL LIFE, THE SAME GOES FOR TAUNTON AS I THINK THE WALLS THERE ARE JUST AS OTT, OF COURSE THIS DEPENDS ON WHAT THE REST OF THE TEAM DECIDE BUT I WILL BE PUSHING TO DROP THEM BOTH

Edited by Dave488

Dont see why there is a problem with the walls, last time i raced with the old track i got followed in every lap whilst in the lead until the driver behind got past me, surely this type of wall needs to get the drivers thinking and adjust their driving styles, its also the best way to stop wall riding. :scared15:

Edited by bigfatdad

dont really see how the driver behind knowing the driver infront will just get stuck on the wall if they hit him hard enough will make him think about changing his driving style if im honest

however i agree it does stop the wall riding but it also ruins races i dont think this is the answer and taunton has it down the straights so thats not a wall riding issue people brush the wall every lap in real life without cars getting stuck in the wall or bouncing all over the place

and before anyone says anything no i cant do better and no im not criticising anyone its just my opinion and the opinion of many other people after the last meeting here

Edited by Dave488

Looks pretty real to me, the way the cars hit the wall and seem to stick and drive round the wall 3 times i saw this last night at Cowdenbeath with the cars slowing up a fair bit im sure those drivers all felt their race were ruined too

Edited by bigfatdad

May I have a provisional booking for tonight ?

Don´t know yet if I can make it in time.

And where can I find the Cowdenbeath version u are using tonight ?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Germany

Peppi

May I have a provisional booking for tonight ?

Don´t know yet if I can make it in time.

And where can I find the Cowdenbeath version u are using tonight ?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Germany

Peppi

Its the std version on the website Peppi

Looks pretty real to me, the way the cars hit the wall and seem to stick and drive round the wall 3 times i saw this last night at Cowdenbeath with the cars slowing up a fair bit im sure those drivers all felt their race were ruined too

totally agree mate.

AS EXPECTED WE DIDNT HEAR ANYTHING BACK REGARDING CHANGING THE TRACK TO MAKE IT BETTER SO WE WILL BE STAYING WITH THE 1 ON THE SERVER WE USED EARLIER IN THE YEAR, I KNOW ITS NOT IDEAL BUT THATS WHERE WE ARE AT SORRY

I WILL ADD I DONT PLAN TO USE COWDIE NEXT YEAR IF IT ISNT CHANGED BY THEN I DONT CARE HOW MANY TIMES THEY RACE THERE IN REAL LIFE, THE SAME GOES FOR TAUNTON AS I THINK THE WALLS THERE ARE JUST AS OTT, OF COURSE THIS DEPENDS ON WHAT THE REST OF THE TEAM DECIDE BUT I WILL BE PUSHING TO DROP THEM BOTH

WELL THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS!!!! FOR YOUR INFORMATION I HAVE BEEN ON HOLIDAY AND I HAVE JUST GOT BACK AND REPLIED THE FOLLOWING DAY TO SOUTHY. SO SHOVE YOUR PUBLIC COMMENTS ABOUT ME UP YOUR ARSE.

FILTERED YOU!!!

MADCOWIE

very true pedz and thats what we will do next year

as for cowie erm what comments exactly are you refering too mate? cant remember saying anything about you at all just said that some members including myself prefer the old versions of 2 of your tracks is that a crime? i prefer the old sexberium too that freew made while we are at it

if its my comment about not expecting to hear anything about this, that was due to the fact it was wednesday/thursday before we even decided to get in contact with you so i was pretty certain you wouldnt be able to do anything in that time regardless of wether you were on holiday or not, if another comment i made has upset you in anyway please feel free to let me know preferably without the abuse thankyou

Edited by Dave488

WELL THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS!!!! FOR YOUR INFORMATION I HAVE BEEN ON HOLIDAY AND I HAVE JUST GOT BACK AND REPLIED THE FOLLOWING DAY TO SOUTHY. SO SHOVE YOUR PUBLIC COMMENTS ABOUT ME UP YOUR ARSE.

FILTERED YOU!!!

MADCOWIE

I am disappointed to see such replies on the forum. I can see what Cowie as read and understand his comments. Guessing its the "As expected" comment. Its the way it reads.

Following a few drivers asking about re-using the old track I asked Cowie if the old track could be editing to include the new grip levels. Cowie replied today saying it can't be done (which is fair enough) and i replied "Thanks for the reply Stu. We just thought we would ask you anyway".

End of story.

Southy

Edited by southy277

If any of my comments has caused concern to you Madcowie, I apologise but I can assure you that none of them were directed at you nor about your track making skills.

My comments were purely on my own feelings of the way the track drives, and how I can't come to terms with being able to drive it. Too many hazards that I can, and do, fall foul of!

That doesn't mean that the track has be made crap by you, you have made it as per real life and it is a very good likeness to the real thing.

I would just like to see it abit easier to drive with room for error for gaming purposes, but then that would be taking it away from how it is in real life. So catch 22.

Once again, sorry if my comments offended you, that was not the intention of my post.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..