4:3 versus widescreen problem

Matty300

Ive upgraded my monitor from 18" to 24" & now the F1 mod looks stretched & horribly pixellated in 1280 X 1024 resolution (which is what I used to use on the 18"). I dont want to run in windowed mode which is a config option, & my old PC starts to cough & splutter at 1920 X 1200 which is the native resolution on the new 24". Does anybody know of a work around for this, is there a way to edit a config or ini file to get a 4:3 aspect ratio which suits me better? Any help before Brum appreciated.Thanks.

I had a similar issue when i started racing. Worked fine in windowed mode which i still use today as if anything pop's up it does not exit the game whilst winning the final which as happened to me before lol. You tried updating your graphics and monitor drivers?

I have since got a new screen and pc and don't have the problem now so can't assist more than updating drivers or run in window mode.

i have rFactor video setup version 1.4 (rFactor config utility)in my main folder & there is no widescreen option? Only windowed? What version you using Samson? Thought that there may be a way to edit the config file.

The widescreen option is for the UI only and will not affect the resolution in game.

If you have a widescreen monitor, you will have to run a widescreen suitable resolution for it to run right. With you going for a much larger monitor, anything you run on an reduced res will automatically look pixellated as it is designed to run at it's native res with it's increased size.

You should try and come into the middle really, try running it at 1440x900 and test if your PC struggles with framerate at that setting.

Edited by Grasser233

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..