skinning

tilly

Damn moddlers you think they would answer this question, i mean they've had at least 2 hours to do so.....

Come 'on moddlers get your act together  coffee.gif

Paitience.....

Edited by MoR137

I try to put the list down in the order how it needs to be done:

- 1st you post a message on UK Dirt forum what program is used for the renders

- then you ask how renders are made

- then you ask for some 3d models

- you start opening a modeling program for the 1st time and asks "how do I get the model in the modeling program?"

- you give it an hour to try but give up soon enough

- you post a message for some help with getting the model in the modeling program

- you get on-line help and it works

- you try again for an hour or so to see how to put the skin on the model

- post a question on the forum again

- no answer after 10 mins yet and starting to get worried as this is very important!

- you realise youre posts are in the wrong thread but decide to leave it as it is

- still no reply after a day, you are very worried now

- in the meantime you are about to throw the PC out of the window as the damn program doesn't do what it should do and thats create renders (on the screen it all looks so easy). It was all just a click on the button?

- you finaly get a reply which says "read some tutorials 1st"

- you realise "bugger I havent thought about that" but no way I am going to search and read all that stuff. I'd rather ask and let it all be served on a plate as it's way easier

- you think "maybe I should have started with the tutorial stuff at the beginning". But then you realise the stuff is hard to find on the net (google search is always a tough one to use anyway)

- then some UK Dirt member replies and tells you all about how it's done on MSN

- you got youre model rendered including a couple of other "problems" with the program

- a week later you have youre own website saying "bla bla bla designs" and doing renders for each and everybody. This as you are the only one who is able to make the renders

- in the mean while you keep that MSN fella that helped you very very close, just in case something goes wrong

- a couple of weeks later a new guy post something like the 1st line in the above list. You are the 1st to jump onto the scene and tell him all about it.

- oh eck, you realise you haven't read it anywhere or wrote stuff down and the best you can do is "well I got some help of....." resulting in that you can't help the guy at all

To cut the above story short.

For things like youre question there are books written and stuff published on the internet. It isn't just a case of a couple of words and that way you know how it is all done. It'll take at least about an A4 page to explain it to you properly how it is done including all the problems you might face and need to be solved. You need to realise that asking a question like that is asking like "I got an engine all in pieces, how do I put it together?"

This is nothing against you Tilly, but the above story is a general story that is aimed at a lot more people. When I use the word "you" in it, it is meant for you as a reader of this story and you as on of the people who recognise themselves in the story.

Dragon

I actually installed 3DSMax once. Then I uninstalled it about 30 minutes later in a cold sweat, never to look back. biggrin.gif

Here's to the moddlers, we'd be nowhere without them ! 2.gif

24069[/snapback]

same ere,  thumbup.gif

Whats wrong with trying ???

24116[/snapback]

theres trying and theres not trying

trying to type 5 words into google is tryin, asking on here is'n t

24129[/snapback]

i have nuffin good comes up any1 got any linkz plz

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Map...le+Search&meta=

took me ten seconds to get all them links, literally.....

Might help, might not, but can't see that being far off, but i aint a modeller.

Wasn't hard now was it?

Cheers MoR

Edited by MoR137

thnx for replys nick do u want to do me a favour m8 lol

i think u no wat i want u to do

thnx tilly 362  p.s its only a little moddle of a paerson with crash helmet and that for some1 good it wont take them long i think

Guest leasj1

your 13 mate you should be away out setting fires to something, you shouldnt be bothered about skining, leave that to the big boys.

your 13 mate you should be away out setting fires to something, you shouldnt be bothered about skining, leave that to the big boys.

24213[/snapback]

lol im in to much trouble for thingss like that as they r thats y im on here lol

tilly unless you have the patience of a saint id give up modelling.

I tried a while ago with cunnys help on msn and we spent all afternoon to do a side because i new nothing about modelling(in the end all that i got was a bonnet and a side that cunny done for me anyway) so i was then stuck with a model that i couldnt finish without bugging cunny or nick every 5 minutes.

They had offered to help but it wouldnt have been unfair to have basically asked every 5 minutes how to model it then stamp my name on it when it was done.

This isnt an offensive post to argue about i am just saying that unless you really know what you are doing and just need a little advice along the way it isnt worth the hassle and best leave the modellers any spare modelling time to do the models they are working on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..