RE Addional rules...

Aub

Having just read the biggest load of crap I've ever read on here I take it the additional rules post is actually just a joke and someone was bored and wanted a laugh?

Why not in the new update of the mod take the bumpers off the cars? Might aswell seeing as you can't hit each other anymore, who on earth wants to fanny about tapping people. Do any of you idiots even go to F2 meetings? Do you know what goes on?

Sake Daves been gone a week and its already turning into hot rods.

A sad day for uk dirt F2s

i'll keep this brief.

1. You don't race F2's very often.

2. If you can do better or have some suggestions for better rules then get posting!

If people didn't drive like idiots week in, week out then their wouldn't be a need to 'Turn it into Hot-rods'!

Edited by Hooty256

i'll keep this brief.

1. You don't race F2's very often.

2. If you can do better or have some suggestions for better rules then get posting!

If people didn't drive like idiots week in, week out then their wouldn't be a need to 'Turn it into Hot-rods'!

Well said Hooty - It has been a awful last month in these and its pee'd off most admin members. Drivers attitudes and driving styles have gone over the cliff. These changes need to be done.

People weren't racing these like F2's but they were racing them as bangers!

Edited by southy277

I don't race very often cause I find it quite pathetic that the mod gets changed every year to suit drumbs driving style.

And I've ran the league before so I know how it goes thanks.

I'm just so glad you lot don't run actual F2s cause the likes of Speak Moodie Bradbury would all have life bans! Cause god forbid they hit each other

You are welcome to come and help develop the physics to 'suit your driving style' more Aub. He did the majority of the work on the physics for the update so of course they are going to suit his style.

And i'm also sorry if my physics were not perfect first time and needed changing. Would be handy if people gave more input before changes were made official rather than the usual 'i don't like this, i don't like that' afterwards, which is too late.

Edited by Hooty256

Not really a silly statement at all when you know what really goes on. And I've had some more info come to light.

Well that's all I gotta say on the subject if someone could remove my account that would be great thanks.

On a serious note, i think some of the rules are fine, but as i've said before, when you go in for a hit, sometimes you have to fence someone or they will just come back you next corner so you spend the whole race tippy tapping each other and your race gets wasted. Common sense has to be used when it comes to a hit for position. I give people 1 chance, i put them wide and if they put me wide next corner, i put them in.

Aub you have it all wrong in my eyes as fans think F2 racing are just bangers with nerf rails!

F2s are a very fast racing car and trust me very little contact is used, normally just enough contact is used to hit you wide to gain your place and go thru, when ive raced bradbury, speak, polly etc they hit you hard but not enough to make you feel christ that was gonna send me in the wall! and this is what this mod has got like! and lets be honest these are the reason why Dave left because of stupid hits/rejoins/ attitude etc!

The F2 mod has gone the wrong way with hits etc as they are well over the top and we are just trying to sort it out to make the league fun for all!

I think we have a great mod with very real life physics and Drumb works with everyone and takes our points on board to create a good working car what you can drive!

were not trying to say dont hit hard or we will ban you but we want to the stop the hits from lap downs and the hits what just end your race as in real life you would do these hits but only for last bender not any old lap!

:appl:

Aub you have it all wrong in my eyes as fans think F2 racing are just bangers with nerf rails!

F2s are a very fast racing car and trust me very little contact is used, normally just enough contact is used to hit you wide to gain your place and go thru, when ive raced bradbury, speak, polly etc they hit you hard but not enough to make you feel christ that was gonna send me in the wall! and this is what this mod has got like! and lets be honest these are the reason why Dave left because of stupid hits/rejoins/ attitude etc!

The F2 mod has gone the wrong way with hits etc as they are well over the top and we are just trying to sort it out to make the league fun for all!

I think we have a great mod with very real life physics and Drumb works with everyone and takes our points on board to create a good working car what you can drive!

were not trying to say dont hit hard or we will ban you but we want to the stop the hits from lap downs and the hits what just end your race as in real life you would do these hits but only for last bender not any old lap!

On a serious note, i think some of the rules are fine, but as i've said before, when you go in for a hit, sometimes you have to fence someone or they will just come back you next corner so you spend the whole race tippy tapping each other and your race gets wasted. Common sense has to be used when it comes to a hit for position. I give people 1 chance, i put them wide and if they put me wide next corner, i put them in.

The problem has been that people have not raced with common sense.

Well said Si!

Edited by southy277

Would that include putting Drum or Tom In??? I doubt it.

Its that kind of statement that makes up my mind about not racing.

What gives YOU the right to "Put them in"? Maybe they just want to race you back.

As long as they don't use excessive force to fence you in return, then surely thats the makings of a "Race" between the two of you.

Or do you think that as you have passed the car in front that it has no right to hit you back, as it would be holding you up from progressing to the front??

Everybody should give everybody every chance - that way respect will be earned and the racing will be "Racing" not revenge or vindictiveness or OTT.

I must admit, I had to laugh at these new rules but it is whats needed to bring UKDirt F2's back into line. And thats sad to see. I commend the Admins for going this far to try and make it "enjoyable" for the masses once again.

My ideal races in F2, especially on shale, have been side by side racing going into the bends (Kings Lynn and Coventry especially). There is no need for bumpers, just edge up the inside and away you go.

Some of the best races to watch are drivers going wheel to wheel over several laps, but there are some who think the best races are those that have plenty of contact of which only one car comes out of it.

Bumpers are there if required, to move an opponent wide for passing to take place, not for the destruction of one car on the receiving end.

Hope it works for you Admin :thumbs_up:

The problem is that you guys aren't the ones spending hours going through replays every week because of drivers that can't use common sense to race. I lost track of the hours spent in the last month and its all for a hobby. Every other admin member is the same. Only then for the same people to repeat their actions. If they did then we wouldn't be here now. Simples!

What gives YOU the right to "Put them in"? Maybe they just want to race you back.

As long as they don't use excessive force to fence you in return, then surely thats the makings of a "Race" between the two of you.

Or do you think that as you have passed the car in front that it has no right to hit you back, as it would be holding you up from progressing to the front??

Everybody should give everybody every chance - that way respect will be earned and the racing will be "Racing" not revenge or vindictiveness or OTT.

I must admit, I had to laugh at these new rules but it is whats needed to bring UKDirt F2's back into line. And thats sad to see. I commend the Admins for going this far to try and make it "enjoyable" for the masses once again.

My ideal races in F2, especially on shale, have been side by side racing going into the bends (Kings Lynn and Coventry especially). There is no need for bumpers, just edge up the inside and away you go.

Some of the best races to watch are drivers going wheel to wheel over several laps, but there are some who think the best races are those that have plenty of contact of which only one car comes out of it.

Bumpers are there if required, to move an opponent wide for passing to take place, not for the destruction of one car on the receiving end.

I dont race uk dirt ones or tooz but i have to agree with what allan has put name any driver who would tip tappy about mav. If for instance a ss catches a yellow top hits him wide to then get hit wide next corner what do you think will happen next!!! I grew up watching dave samson rob speak pete gilbert people who used the bumper and hard if it was needed people need to realise when they get put in usually for a reason! im only commenting on what allan has put nothing else before people scream n shout!!

Absolute rubbish Mav, seriously, you have raced me for long enough to know better than that. Obviously my point was exaggerated. If they don't use excessive force then thats fine, however i was talking more about a slow car that i have passed for position, that then punts me fencewards, not a battle with a car on the same pace.

The problem is that you guys aren't the ones spending hours going through replays every week because of drivers that can't use common sense to race. I lost track of the hours spent in the last month and its all for a hobby. Every other admin member is the same. Only then for the same people to repeat their actions. If they did then we wouldn't be here now. Simples!

I've been an F2 admin for UK Dirt, i have done it before.

Edited by Allan964

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.ukdirtforum.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=234243

I know you changed Admin got ridge of old gits who like the F2's and defends what F2's are bout and didn't want them turned into supers with big wings..... to get what was it.... harder against bad driving.... strict with people... blah blah blah

AND THEN YOU READ THIS..... JOKE LADS GET REAL.... pinning... oppo... followin's ... you name it and it's there... and the max ban is 2 weeks.... :rofl: scared of losing drivers and having 10 car turn out.... I THINK SO !!!!!!

Well at least it's the funniest post i read in a long while thanks for that.... And i didn't have to look at a single replay :thumbup:

I know you changed Admin got ridge of old gits who like the F2's and defends what F2's are bout and didn't want them turned into supers with big wings..... to get what was it.... harder against bad driving.... strict with people... blah blah blah

AND THEN YOU READ THIS..... JOKE LADS GET REAL.... pinning... oppo... followin's ... you name it and it's there... and the max ban is 2 weeks.... :rofl: scared of losing drivers and having 10 car turn out.... I THINK SO !!!!!!

Well at least it's the funniest post i read in a long while thanks for that.... And i didn't have to look at a single replay :thumbup:

WTF :thumbup::rofl:

some list there :thumbs_up:

WTF :thumbup::rofl:

some list there :thumbs_up:

The Grand National was brutal.

Ain't it funny that the guys that have the issues with the new rules are ones that have not raced recently... how can they give their opinion on the rules. if they had raced recently then they would have understood more.

Just because i don't race doesn't mean that i don't understand the rules, so can't see what your getting at southy, i've watched real life 2's for 20+ years, never raced them but i still know the rules, all i was saying was your rules have changed again.... just an example of the new rules YOU all wrote...

A.) Following drivers in.

A follow in will be classed as pushing another car all the way to the fence, or on tracks with wider corners(ie Birmingham) pushing the car the majority of the way to the fence with the sole purpose of causing them to make significant contact with the fence.

Any driver that is classed as following another driver in will be loaded up from the meeting and a minimum 1 meeting ban will be enforced. A second offence of following another driver in will result in a minimum 1 month ban. A third offence will result in the driver being banned for the remainder of the season.

560 1 week ban Multiple followins,

Now i sure i read the above rule different to the ban you gave out, UNLESS you want to re-word your new rule... and say on different meetings, but that opens a can of worms for you doesn't it... and still in my opion, pushing a car majority of the way is no way and never will be a follow in... even in poof-stox (superstox) it isn't a follow in !!!

Edited by Budge313

Ain't it funny that the guys that have the issues with the new rules are ones that have not raced recently... how can they give their opinion on the rules. if they had raced recently then they would have understood more.

Just because i don't race doesn't mean that i don't understand the rules, so can't see what your getting at southy, i've watched real life 2's for 20+ years, never raced them but i still know the rules, all i was saying was your rules have changed again.... just an example of the new rules YOU all wrote...

1. Who said it was aimed at you..... :shrug:

2. Just because someone has watched the real F2's doesn't mean that they understand what has been going on here in sim racing... in terms of disciplinaries keep real v sim racing separate.

3. In the end it is up to the admin team to decide on the actually outcome of the reviews... the rules are their to give guidance and other things are taken into account regarding the actions taken by the driver. The rules state to the drivers here, if you follow someone in then expect this as your punishment.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..