So Long, Farewell, Auf Weidersehn, Goodbye!!!

Mav

Having raced for 10 years, the time has come for me to finally say THANK YOU & GOODBYE! :042:

Eight years of heat and three years of rFactor, I have done and gone as far as I am going to get so its time to reflect and retire.

F2 - Won an rFactor Final (from white) and progressed to blue.

F1 - Won W&Y's two years running, sadly not won an rFactor Final (in season), but ended as top yellow (most likely going to blue next period).

So thats my lot, and I know I am unable to improve especially going from blue.

I always race to win or at least finish in the top ten, and cannot be there "Just to make the numbers up" - Thats not me.

If I was any good, when I get away in races, I should be able to convert those races to wins or top three at least, but I can't.

I pride myself in that I set my own cars up and drive my own way, not like some drivers who ask all the time!!

Like me or hate me, I have undoubtedly had an influence on UK Dirt aswell as UK Dirt has had on me.

I have in my time been F2 Admin, ran the F2 Website, been immense on the UK Dirt Forum :king: , made many friends from 2002 to 2012 and unfortunately made some enemies too. :unsure:

My sincere thanks goto Corny, Dragon, Kevin, AndyH & Big Al in the main as they have been great to me during my UK Dirt career, then there are the likes of Wayne, Trav, Trash, Dode, "Sim-Stox" racers etc who have made my life difficult, but I can look back on it all now and smile/laugh and say "Thank you!!" Apologies for those I have missed out!

I hope in the main that people have enjoyed racing against me, sparring on the forum with me and meeting me in person at meetings, as I have with all of you.

Finally I would like to say Thank you to all the Admins and mod makers over the years as you have created something very special, the time, effort and committment is second to none and all for the love of "Stock Cars".

You have been magnificent despite the actions and words of a select few who should shut up and be grateful that there are people who have given so much for their pleasure. :appl:

I will leave you with two of my favorite cars, one from heat and the other rFactor. :thumbup:

post-37-1348826764.jpg

post-37-1348826779.jpg

Well it has been good racing along side you. Have had some good racing especially last year in F2's. Glad you defended your white and yellows title, nice way to sign out of online racing.

Good luck in the future and hopefully see you around at the real tracks.

Southy

All the best Mav, always one of the stalwarts of UKDirt although I still think you should continue racing and just do the meetings at the tracks you want to do... It's not like you're tootling around at the back is it as wins etc have come your way when you put the effort in that you have over the last few meetings. You should certainly reconsider anyway.

You should have painted that Heat Murray up for rF, would have been interesting to see.

Thanks for the mention, Mav. ;)

Maybe you really do mean it this time :blink:

I hope you will fancy a spin again in the future, as you are and always have been one of the REAL CHARACTERS of UK Dirt who can't really be replaced. I remember you hated getting Muppet of the Year on a consistent basis (sorry for reminding you :scared15:) but people picked up on how much it all meant to you and loved winding you up - it was all part of the weekly entertainment that we all have enjoyed and some of the best banter has been surrounding you. After all, many of us turn up for a laugh as well as the racing.

Over the years you have raised your game when you have needed to and wanted to, and the last couple of weeks proved it again as you did what you needed to win the W&Y's which you really wanted.

I would have loved you to take the F1 Final that you really wanted but you have come close and maybe that might yet provide an incentive for a future return :king:.

Hopefully UK Dirt has many years ahead of it and I hope to continue to be a part of it. I'm sad you probably won't be, but I respect your decision. You will always be welcomed back by us if you change your mind. :2:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..