Setups

Dane503

Im struggling with setting my car up,

dunno whats best to change in the upgrades, ive also been using the setups Drumb posted on the forum but my car just pushes on like hell and its undriveable and i dont have a clue what to change or anything, any help or tips would be appreciated cheers

For Shale or Tarmac?

A lot of other peoples setup's do not help me at all due to different driver styles.

I tend to start from default run a few lap's then start altering to suit what I want.

I do also take bit's from other people's setup's that I like an add to my own setup.

Failing that just up the brake bias an slide the thing. :steeringwheel:

Id agree with Danny on that.. I tend to use Drumbs setup as a base. Personally before the season started I did a tonne of laps on Drumbs setup and changed the rear suspension and the brake bias. If you are after making it more arsey get the bias moved and get the rear end a lot stiffer and that should see you end up with a car that miles to oversteery :king:

There was a setup tips bit posted on here and on the UKSom facebook, but thanks to a few w*****s who spoilt it all of that info isn't available now so you can send your kindest regards to them.

Edited by Wardieee

Its for tar, i guess just have to run default and slide about all over the shop, im not a fan of having to drift f2s, would rather just brake little slide and power down but i cant seem to manage that always want to push on, i have most of the rear settings as low as they go except dampers and that, but im not sure having a low spring rate and the very bottom setting, cant remember what its called as low as it goes, if that would contribute to it pushing on, i would use default but i dunno what to change so it doesnt want to spin every time i go near the throttle, will have to see if a locked diff would help at all, i guess will just have to have a day at it and try lots of stuff out

Id agree with Danny on that.. I tend to use Drumbs setup as a base. Personally before the season started I did a tonne of laps on Drumbs setup and changed the rear suspension and the brake bias. If you are after making it more arsey get the bias moved and get the rear end a lot stiffer and that should see you end up with a car that miles to oversteery :king:

There was a setup tips bit posted on here and on the UKSom facebook, but thanks to a few w*****s who spoilt it all of that info isn't available now so you can send your kindest regards to them.

dane look what Wardiee said on this post as there is a lot of setup guide in that 1 statement alone.

Also 2 Mega post's have been put in front of you to work from.

Kane sent me a setup for Monday night's meeting it was fast for him but not me though but when I started rfactor Monday night when I got home from work I had no player profiles in my rfactor.

I started from default then asked for a setup of which kane sent, raced it an it pushed on for me so I upped the brake bias to max just so I could slide a little bit an I had a couple of .5's(not bad for the number of laps I've run round there)

No 1 setup is alike due to different wheel setting's ect an also rfactor setting's.

The 1 thing I have found is don't try to be fast in practice try to be consistent an set you're car up to be a brick wall (that is what I have done in the F1's) not yet being done on F2's but working on it.

Practice practice an more practice altering 1 click at a time makes all the difference don't just expect to turn up an race as it for us lower grade drivers we have to work at it. TomD Danskin Wardiee an so on have being doing this for year's an will have had so many laps round the tracks it is 2nd nature to them, WE have to work for it.

I would say I don't think the mod has enough front end grip mid corner, which is something we will work on. However you can overcome it at the moment by rotating the car a bit more on entry.

Danny is correct though, I have skinner and Josh's setups from Brum and I am a couple of tenths faster with a tweak or two on the Josh's setup than I am with Dan's. Yet ironically Dan's setup is based on mine from the winter and at the time I was as quick as I am now on the other setup. It all comes down to driving style, controller setup and ultimately practice.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..