SSC euro*spoiler*

Pedz 212

I'm alright thanks guys, bit sore and i think my necks a few inches longer than it was but other than that ok.

There are some other photos on the crashattack website of the inside of the car which you should see if you haven't - i was very lucky to walk away i think!!

Cabs - i was a bit wobbily on my feet, and i'm fairly used to that!!! Infact i was a bit like that saturday night in Partners!!

And as for Danny Hunt, i can gaurantee you he knew nothing about it, he is not a cheat. He's obviously very upset about it, and as for when hes won championships before, hes been stripped and found all legal so don't go on about cheating before

New for the summer the 654 saloon convertible

26688[/snapback]

Glad to hear youre ok Soaps  thumbs_up.gif

On the Danny Hunt thing...Obvious oversight from engine builder, Extra lube to Cam is hardly world beating stuff. Didnt somebody use an illegal diff and win world last couple years? Think thats a more obvious 'cheatin' advantage.

Cheers

Mac

p.s Soaps phone Robin Copland, He'll come down and finish the car for ya !  wink.gif

Glad to hear youre okay Soapsy!!

You did indeed look faaaaaaaar better when you popped your head around the garage door to say you were goin to Danny as what you looked like when you climbed out of the car  anyway!!

As you mentioned the biggest problem you had, apart from the fact you had taken a hefty knock and wasnt feeling the best you ever had fealt, was the fact the roof had bent the top of your seat down, pushing your head forward and with your seat also having the head restraints on both sides and your steering wheel being in the position it was, getting out of the car in a fit state would have proven difficult nevermind in a dazed and upside down position!!!

As for the issue of folk questioning Danny Hunts "legality" as such in previous championships he has won, Well that aint nothing but a load of old 58_58.gif's as the cars has been spot on when we checked it before.

CHEERS folks , that's my rant over!!

scared15.gif

P.S,

Nice picture there of the damage firestorm and indeed on Crashattack site,Looks like a pro took them dunnit!! wink.gif

Glad to hear youre okay Soapsy!!

You did indeed look faaaaaaaar better when you popped your head around the garage door to say you were goin to Danny as what you looked like when you climbed out of the car  anyway!!

As you mentioned the biggest problem you had, apart from the fact you had taken a hefty knock and wasnt feeling the best you ever had fealt, was the fact the roof had bent the top of your seat down, pushing your head forward and with your seat also having the head restraints on both sides and your steering wheel being in the position it was, getting out of the car in a fit state would have proven difficult nevermind in a dazed and upside down position!!!

As for the issue of folk questioning Danny Hunts "legality" as such in previous championships he has won, Well that aint nothing but a load of old 58_58.gif's as the cars has been spot on when we checked it before.

CHEERS folks , that's my rant over!!

scared15.gif

P.S,

Nice picture there of the damage firestorm and indeed on Crashattack site,Looks like a pro took them dunnit!! wink.gif

26722[/snapback]

yes good pics andy but its a bit boring seeing the same pictures on two different sites

shaft u dont half talk crap..

why dont u do any better...we all know u have the means to do so!!

so why dont ya stop typing crap and let us know how big your balls are get yersel oot in a loon and stop being one

prydie

26664[/snapback]

The mans been caught cheating im no telling lies or talking crap he's a cheat the buck stops wi the driver no one else!!

And how do i have the means?? Neil williamson spent 30 grand and couldnt compete so i dont think i do have the means prydie my ugly bald friend!!!  thumbup.gif

great to hear your ok soaps i was watching you when you rolled and then got hit in the roof very nasty glad you got out ok and after looking at your car after you was a lucky man but on the other hand the car did what it was ment to and toke the hit well.

was gutted when i found out danny hunt had lost the title but there will be others he will win in the future so best of luck and thanks all f2 and saloon boys for a cracking weekend way way better than the f1 weekend  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif

ps the number of my posts is going to win the saloon gold come on phill powell rolleyes.gif

Edited by travel365

shaft u dont half talk crap..

why dont u do any better...we all know u have the means to do so!!

so why dont ya stop typing crap and let us know how big your balls are get yersel oot in a loon and stop being one

prydie

26664[/snapback]

The mans been caught cheating im no telling lies or talking crap he's a cheat the buck stops wi the driver no one else!!

And how do i have the means?? Neil williamson spent 30 grand and couldnt compete so i dont think i do have the means prydie my ugly bald friend!!!  thumbup.gif

26732[/snapback]

i dont know you shaft but reading your posts i take it your about 10 years old

26664[/snapback]

26732[/snapback]

surely you cant be calling purdie a cheat aswell shaft mind the british with the carb whats that i hear you say he's a cheat the buck stops wi the driver?

Edited by Cod120

Statement released earlier on tonight on the SSCA website regarding European Result...

Following the Saloon Stock Car European Championship at Cowdenbeath on 14 August 2005, the SSCA confirms that the first car across the line, #382 Danny Hunt was in contravention of rule 2 Engines – Camshafts. Hunt was found to have a cross drilled camshaft.

Therefore second placed driver #17 Kenny Purdie, who passed post race scrutineering has been awarded the European Championship.

Allegations have been made regarding valve spring seats, and these have been unfounded. The SSCA is fully aware of the problem with valve seats being machined and the rule being unpolicable. This matter was discussed at an SSCA meeting on 13 July with the view to introducing a new ruling for 2006.

the problem with valve seats

Dunno about the problem with valve seats but I know Soaps has a problem with a bent Kirkey seat! laugh.gif  laugh.gif  banghead2.gif  thumbup.gif

Glad you're ok Soaps. Shame about Danny. Deserved the title for the way he drove all weekend. Next time. thumbs_up.gif 

Andy - just like to thank you and all the other officials etc for your help in getting me out the car. I wasn't too sure what the hell was going on at the time so thanks again to you and the others.

appl.gif  appl.gif  appl.gif  appl.gif  appl.gif

26848[/snapback]

You're welcome mate!!

Glad we all could have been of some assistance to you,

Hopefully you wont get up to anything like that again though!! rofl.gif

Good to see you're feeling fine

You and Eddie etc still gonna think of coming back up again this year for the Superbowl or has that put you off? wink.gif

2.gif

Andy.

Edited by andymek69

When your out there racing your all wound up and quite often the officials do end up getting a mouthful, i know i've probably done it myself, sometimes you get the odd one thats a bit "thats more than my jobs worth!" but in general there all out there on your side, and without them who would wave the flags and pull you out of your wrecked cars!!!!

So cheers guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..