Rally Germany: WRC vs F2

New event up, with the new update, we might as well use the new content. This is on tarmac so should be a bit easier and I've selected the WRC Cars (Fiesta and Mini) and also the F2 Tarmac specials for anyone that wants a challenge.

Duration is 30/6/2015 13.00 - 6/7/2015 22.00, so a full week to complete the stages as before.

League link is below!

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/...68/ukdirt-rally

Good luck!

Edited by Grasser233

OH DEAR!!!! :rofl:

In my mini cooper S I was superb!!

Then I thought I could use the mini in the challenge but persuaded myself to go with a front wheel drive car so plumbed for the Ibiza.

Well it was nothing like driving the Mini, but I persevered and did ok in the first 3 rounds, nothing stunning but made it through.

Then the 4th round at night - Oh Boy!! Lost the lights after about 3 mins and then lost a tyre after about 6 mins!!

Finally found the end sparks flying, but disappointed :unsure:

Roll on the weekend when I can give the other four rounds a go - Don't hold much hope of not being last though :thumbup:

Well I liked those stop start stages, but I don't think my car did! As Mav said, I think stage 4 was where it went a bit belly up. Slid sideways into a tree which didn't help. Remaining ones went OK until the final stage limping with a bit of a broken gearbox and an engine which kept stalling.

Enjoyed it though, that 306 Maxi sound is immense.

I went for the 306, and I needed a new front end and radiator for the whole thing after stage 3! What a nightmare that was!

Very challenging stages indeed, especially in the FWD cars.

Edited by Grasser233

Easy option for me lol.

Can't do fwd, especially those beasts.

They do seem a bit faster than the wrc cars in straight line speed, but the stability and acceleration you get out of the 4wd helps a lot with all those tight hairpins.

Just done my run!

Wow that was a lot harder than I thought it would be, not really played a rally game since the last official Colin McRea game and that was on console with a pad/manual gears/ full assists ect. The difference is staggering, although the whole experience is much better doing it like this. :thumbup:

Think some practice might be needed before the next event as I was a full 10 mins off the fastest time, although Im more than glad I managed to keep the car in one piece....... just :5:

Mav, think me and you might be battling it out on our own for last place :rofl:

Add me Grasser as CHEESEonBEANS.

Just join the league through the link in the original post. Once you've joined, it'll show up in game under Leagues.

Did a little video of me doing the 2nd stage earlier....

As you can see I kinda failed.

Nice vid, I'll do one for the next time we do this through one stage... preferably one where I'm not crashing like in this rally!

Having watched the video, I can see why I loose so much time.

I am very tentative on the corners and still struggle with handbrake turns.

Other thing that stood out was that when I get up into 4th gear my car starts wandering and I cannot go flat out otherwise I spin.

Jake was very stable at high speed and even more stable under braking for the bends.

I tend to go cautiously in 3rd gear, but as soon as I get confident and put it into 4th, there is suddenly a bend and I'm off! lol

Will do some more championship races this afternoon then onto the other rounds remaining.

Lloydy, I am not giving up that last place easily!!! :rofl:

Having watched the video, I can see why I loose so much time.

I am very tentative on the corners and still struggle with handbrake turns.

Other thing that stood out was that when I get up into 4th gear my car starts wandering and I cannot go flat out otherwise I spin.

Jake was very stable at high speed and even more stable under braking for the bends.

I tend to go cautiously in 3rd gear, but as soon as I get confident and put it into 4th, there is suddenly a bend and I'm off! lol

It's because you are using a FWD car, the 4WD on the Fiesta is a lot more stable at speed. Depends how you have your wheel as well.

The trick to being fast in this kind of series is always going to be car choice. Having 120BPH more than your opponent doesn't mean you're automatically faster. By the time you account for turbo lag, wheel spin and everything else you could probably get a 918cc Moggy Minor around the stage in the same time as the exotic cars...

The trick to this is going to be finding the right car for you, and driving it to the best of your ability :)... So Grass, when do i get my moggy!!?

Need to ask Codemasters on that one, I'm sure a Woody Traveller is on the cards.

Current starters (taken from results of SS1) and total leaderboard as of now. Until they do some sort of exportable results, a screen grab will have to do. 8 have started including Rallycameraman who I am led to believe is one of the main devs at Codemasters. Codemasters taking an interest in UKDirt is a new one anyway!

4 currently have finished the 8 stages with 2 days to go.

post-42-1436028555.jpg

Edited by Grasser233

It's because you are using a FWD car, the 4WD on the Fiesta is a lot more stable at speed. Depends how you have your wheel as well.

Regarding the wheel settings, are there any recommended settings for the ffb ect or is it just all down to personal preference?

Regarding the wheel settings, are there any recommended settings for the ffb ect or is it just all down to personal preference?

I did see a post about G27 settings but as it was stated it was a starting point an all down to personal preference.

If you check on the steam page I think it was on there where I saw it.

I had an hour last night an I think the best car I have drove to date is the Stratos. It handles well an is pretty fast.

Danwrighty17.

Congrats to Rallycameraman if he's reading this who took overall victory. The league section doesn't keep any results other that the league standings, I do know that Jeyder was 2nd in the Fiesta with myself in a rather battered 306 in third.

Next up is the Monte, thread will be up shortly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..