Rally McRae (DiRT Rally)

Grasser233

Next one is up, it's one car again. The iconic Subaru Impreza used to spectacular effect by the late and great Colin McRae. 3 stages each at Wales and Germany. Only one service point though so caution will be required.

4/8/15 18.00pm - 10/8/15 10.00pm

League link = https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/...68/ukdirt-rally

It's also been good to see how people are getting on so please post below how you are doing.

post-42-1438697134.jpg

Done mine.. a wee tip dont do it after moving from a rallycross car..

Stage 1 not to bad a couple of spins but nothing to major so i was quite happy with that. Stage 2 hit several trees and took a few time penalties and did the last 2 sections on the rim, trouble was when i hit said trees and finally the post thingy it was all hard front impacts so the speed of the car had slowed down alot. The next 3 stages were about as good as i could hope for with the car in the state it was in no accidents in any of them. Stage 6 mostly went fine but again had to do the last 2 sections on the rim so not a good time for that.

Better run overall though and very happy not to see grecce on the list

Done the Welsh stages, first two went ok but third was just too much in the dark haha.

Can't get over how bumpy it is, tried softening the suspension but the wheels still must spend atleast 50% of the time in the air lol.

Hit one bump wrong and your a gonna..

Foolishly jumped straight in and destroyed the car with a few big offs on the first three stages.

Then realised the last three stages are the ones I liked, so limped it through with little issue (apart from all the warning lights being on). :(

I don't have anywhere near the confidence required to fly through the wet gravel/forest type stages... and half the time when I do, I feel I can't react quickly enough to a call of 2/1/hairpin a few feet in front of the car! Fun though. :king:

I don't have anywhere near the confidence required to fly through the wet gravel/forest type stages... and half the time when I do, I feel I can't react quickly enough to a call of 2/1/hairpin a few feet in front of the car! Fun though. :king:

Some stages require massive commitment. I thought I tackled some sections fast but then earlier I saw this video:

which I had to check it hadn't been sped up, crazy fast!

Some stages require massive commitment. I thought I tackled some sections fast but then earlier I saw this video:

which I had to check it hadn't been sped up, crazy fast!

That's insane. I almost would like to see the accel/brake/h.brake info (like you used to get camera shots of in WRC coverage) for my curiosity. I felt like I was really struggling to make the handbrake work/make the car turn.

But still, I've barely touched the setup side of things so presume I can find an easier life in there somewhere.

That was the worst it could get. Did not enjoy it one bit :thumbs_down:

However, I do think my PC is not playing ball anymore as rFactor has suffered and now this is suffering too. So it might not be all down to my driving!

I had a lot of trouble staying on the road in wet wales, and eventually just drove around in 3rd at 40-50mph, yet I still slid off the course at several points!

Car was fine at half way, so no major repairs required but very slow as it turned out not surprisingly!

Despondent, I set off in the 1st German course and nailed it - so chuffed with myself, but as I crossed the line the pc froze and when I rebooted I found it didn't count! :banghead2:

Even more despondent now I set off again, but by the time I had three crashes I just gave up and quit - Yes I quit :rofl:

Won't do anymore until I can figure out why my PC has decided to loose performance, been running all sorts of diagnostics, but to no avail as yet.

Will keep an eye on what's going on though :thumbs_up:

Try cleaning it out Mav, sounds like a heat issue.

The leaderboard is very interesting now with a day to go. 7 have completed with 11 having started. Nice to see some new names on there as well so thanks everyone. The rallycross multiplayer will be interesting!

post-42-1439116720.jpg

However, I do think my PC is not playing ball anymore as rFactor has suffered and now this is suffering too. So it might not be all down to my driving!

I seem to have lost of lot of performance after the last update to, was running smooth before but now dropped. No other games seem affected though so may be different issues.

On the steam/dirt rally forum, people are complaining about the major drop in fps + other issues since the update.

Personally I haven't tried the RallyX yet as I can't afford the cars! lol but obviously I have had the update.

On the steam/dirt rally forum, people are complaining about the major drop in fps + other issues since the update.

Personally I haven't tried the RallyX yet as I can't afford the cars! lol but obviously I have had the update.

You can drive them in custom event, you should try them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..