Track Quiz

Pedz 212

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. Spot on Mav.  thumbs_up.gif  Soz lads, couldn't resist. It's an athletics track in the North East of Manchester. Don't know the name though.  rofl.gif

27264[/snapback]

You old tart lmao, quality!

ok and this Track?

user posted image

27462[/snapback]

if its in england its close 2 a motorway, i dont kno where it is but that may help some1 lol

Guest limbo259

I know but won't spoil it.

Very sad sight (or should that be "site").....went past it when we drove the truck & saloon back from the ill fated Venray world cup meet last sunday.

Host of many good meetings/championships, incl. the very 1st Saloon WF back in 82..........and some european bangerchampionships..........gettin us the very first views of wot we now class as "British tin/material  thumbup.gif

If only our PA system could be there again......echoing some (cheesy) 70's Schlager music/Abba etc etc.....and Heinz Baum (r.i.p.) or Edi Launart on the mike.....

(can anyone give me a link to this aerial pics site ??)

regards Geert

p.s. This picture ain't a recent one btw, these days half of the backstraight (that's the strip nearest to the motorway on the right) has already been filled up, beginning of home straight just intact.......that makes 25 % of the track gone..... unsure.gif  unsure.gif  thumbs_down.gif  thumbs_down.gif

ok and this Track?

user posted image

27462[/snapback]

if its in england its close 2 a motorway, i dont kno where it is but that may help some1 lol

27466[/snapback]

is it lelystad onlt been the once and dont know if its still going or not.

Kaldenkirchen (Germany) Just over the border near Venlo

27482[/snapback]

Right... closed in 1986 and like limbo said not even total gone. I now drive another way to venray that i think is not that long but most reason.. i won´t pass my "so called first live" that i´m really missing.

So for all to know.. Kaldenkirchen´s track manger was my uncle, in the ticket shop working have been my uncles wife (so my don´t know the word "aunt"?) and my mother. Starter have been my other uncle and my father.. So i growed up with that sport and that track. With about 1 and a half years i did my first visit to Ipswich to the speedweekend. Followed by another 6 times. Last time has been 1984. Most times we get there with Heino Studt. Allready died but was one of the drivers from germany that got to ispwich more than once to race.

So after 10 years even not knowing that that sport still exist here i got back my first time at venray followed with some meetings in Posterholt and Baarlo. I saw the last ever race in Baarlo and i can say i got a fight with my tears seeing the track managerin driving on the control car before the F1 made the last race there. Second track i saw closed. And even that i don´t liked that track so much i really hurt.

Everybody is talking about Formel 1. Spending 100´s of € to see some car in only one corner or one straight cause of the tracks built.. but our loved sport is doing a nearly died work for so many many many years. Why don´t people get into that sport that is fantastic, impressive and really nice to watch??

Ok i´m little bit drunken and should stop now.. sorry for the long read

Kaldenkirchen certainly looks good on the video I have which is two banger European meets from the mid 1980's. Plenty of top english drivers and a heck of a lot of cars in each race if I remember rightly.

Kaldenkirchen (Germany) Just over the border near Venlo

27482[/snapback]

Right... closed in 1986 and like limbo said not even total gone. I now drive another way to venray that i think is not that long but most reason.. i won´t pass my "so called first live" that i´m really missing.

So for all to know.. Kaldenkirchen´s track manger was my uncle, in the ticket shop working have been my uncles wife (so my don´t know the word "aunt"?) and my mother. Starter have been my other uncle and my father.. So i growed up with that sport and that track. With about 1 and a half years i did my first visit to Ipswich to the speedweekend. Followed by another 6 times. Last time has been 1984. Most times we get there with Heino Studt. Allready died but was one of the drivers from germany that got to ispwich more than once to race.

So after 10 years even not knowing that that sport still exist here i got back my first time at venray followed with some meetings in Posterholt and Baarlo. I saw the last ever race in Baarlo and i can say i got a fight with my tears seeing the track managerin driving on the control car before the F1 made the last race there. Second track i saw closed. And even that i don´t liked that track so much i really hurt.

Everybody is talking about Formel 1. Spending 100´s of € to see some car in only one corner or one straight cause of the tracks built.. but our loved sport is doing a nearly died work for so many many many years. Why don´t people get into that sport that is fantastic, impressive and really nice to watch??

Ok i´m little bit drunken and should stop now.. sorry for the long read

27514[/snapback]

Good read ya p';][d up cloggy reject lol took me ages to read it as had to go back n re-read again n again n again lol

good read though lol

Kaldenkirchen certainly looks good on the video I have which is two banger European meets from the mid 1980's. Plenty of top english drivers and a heck of a lot of cars in each race if I remember rightly.

27534[/snapback]

Nice to know you got a video of that. Maybe you wanna trade a copy of that? i got for example WC Stock Car Wisbech 1984

Nice to know you got a video of that. Maybe you wanna trade a copy of that? i got for example WC Stock Car Wisbech 1984

27544[/snapback]

I dont have any way of copying the video mate unfortunately.

guess 1 in middle on top row is kings lynn, dunno about the rest

27565[/snapback]

Totally confused now looked at it for ages but which 1 is middle of 4  rofl.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..