What was the best Tarmac track of 2015?

Northampton – 4

Birmingham – 4

Skegness – 3

Taunton – 3

Bristol – 1

Hednesford – 1

Nutts Corner – 1

Reece – Northampton - Always makes for some great close racing.

CB – Bristol – It’s just the best!

Mav – Birmingham - It’s a good flowing track, plenty of room to move about, wide enough to take a hit and not loose time. Suits all types of drivers.

ldbhRfu.png

What was the best Shale track of 2015?

Stoke – 6

Kings Lynn – 6

Coventry – 2

Sexbierum – 2

Mildenhall – 1

Wardieee – Stoke - Because stoke always produces good fast hard stockcar racing, win or lose! I love it!

Wardy – Kings Lynn – Brilliant side by side racing!

LeeK – Sexbierum - best track for wide open space to race with a bit of room.

PZtkykk.png

Who do you think was the best overall driver of 2015?

DanSkin #236 – 15

Ben #800 – 1

Josh #397 – 1

Jake – DanSkin - Always consistent and on pace even when you think your having a good night!

Dbecks – DanSkin - the king of consistency

MartynR – DanSkin - Winning another World Final and just making it look easy!

DanSkin – Josh - Simply unbeatable on his day.

UgoQzEN.png

Who do you think was the best lower graded driver of 2015?

DanW #117 – 6

Dbecks #82 – 5

Twisty #93 – 2

Dbecks – DanW - just a matter of time before this man jumps up a few grades

DanSkin – DanW - He has come on well over the season and really pushing towards the top on race pace towards the end of the year.

Ben – Dbecks - He turns up week in week out and always gives respect and provides a good battle. He always tries and seems to score points 9/10 and has managed to get himself up to blue.

06XQxek.png

Who was your favourite driver of 2015?

Wardieee #180 – 7

Ben #800 – 1

CB #167 – 1

DanSkin #236 – 1

Dbecks #82 – 1

Hoggy #92 – 1

Kane #238 – 1

LeeK #39 – 1

Mr Starter Stumpy #255 - 1

Twisty #93 – 1

Wardy #184 – 1

Ben – Wardieee - comes back slow as blues, then finds his pace to be nearly as fast as 236, coming from the back in the WF to take second was what tipped it for me, shows how good he is and you can always count on him being a steam train when you are behind meaning i can make up places while keeping my front bumper straight.

CB – Wardieee – Team Ohh Arr

Tim – Wardieee – I like to see him drive

LeeK – Mr Starter Stumpy - Drive the meeting through with precision every week.

kRuzmyD.png

Who do you think was the fairest driver of 2015?

Ben #800 – 5

DanSkin #236 – 4

Dbecks #82 – 2

LeeK #39 – 2

DanW #117 – 1

Dave #488 – 1

Kane #238 – 1

Twisty #93 – 1

Wardieee – Ben - He is a good fair driver who will always move over for anyone faster, even if they are a yellow grader. Ben has a lot of respect and will pass you clean if he has the pace or momentum to come through!

CB – Ben - He never hits anyone

Kane – DanSkin – He will put you wide but if you get on his nerves, he will soon take you out!

65LCXQy.png

Who do you think was the hardest hitter of 2015?

Jake #691 – 5

Tsjalle #329 – 3

Tim #84 – 2

Tim – Jake - He gives always some hard hits to me and other people to get in the top 10

MartynR – Jake - If you're in the way, he'll move you, well enough so you can't repay the favor

Wardy – Tom - Race craft king.............

XLl4C0h.png

Who do you think was the hardest trier of 2015?

DanW #117 – 8

Ricky #237 – 4

Dbecks #82 – 2

CB #167 – 1

Kane #238 – 1

Wardy #184 – 1

Reece – DanW - Always puts a lot of time and effort in practice and never seems to give up.

Jake – DanW - Always puts weeks of effort into one track.

CB – Ricky - The man never gives up

LeeK – Kane - Dunno why, just seems to

JPMPyev.png

Who do you think the most improved driver of 2015 is?

Dbecks #82 – 6

Reece #411 – 2

Ricky #237 – 2

Wardy #184 – 2

LeeK #39 – 1

Wardieee – Dbecks - has managed to really turn his season around getting back up to blue!

Kane – Dbecks - Started the year off at white and struggled to get around, as the year went on, more top 10s and those becoming into some wins. Now making it up to blue is a huge improvement for him!

DanSkin – LeeK - A title! Hurrah!

Mav – Wardieee - He came back in August after a break and just was mesmerizing! The transformation was amazing – He almost got the World Final too!

f1a89y0.png

Who do you think the newcomer of 2015 was?

Reece #411 – 8

Seneschall #376 – 6

Dbecks #82 – 1

JoshBanno #415 – 1

Kane – Reece - Started the year off as a white and improved so much throughout the year getting to red top and being one of the quickest. He should be very pleased with himself!

CB – Reece - Cheats or not, he’s been quite good

Ben – Seneschall - He turns up most weeks and always gives a good display.

Mav – JoshBanno - Although Josh only did 12 meetings this season; he was winning races almost from the start. He was settling in well then just disappeared!

gdwUZL5.png

Who had the best paint job in 2015?

Wardieee #180 (Tarmac) – 7

Grasser #233 (Shale) – 3

Aub #188 (Tarmac) – 1

Josh #397 (Tarmac) – 1

Kane #238 (Shale) - 1

LeeK #39 (Tarmac) – 1

Reece – Wardieee - Really like the colours and the overall design is a bit different to everyone else’s.

Ben – Wardieee - without his ugly Irish roof though! A bit different but very sexy in my eyes!

DanSkin – Wardieee - Beautiful!!!

CB – Grasser – It looks nice

Mav - Can’t really say as I didn’t race for that long this season, but most drivers had excellent paint jobs in my opinion.

UlvdJCu.png

Meeting of the year?

Hednesford World Championship – 5

Northampton European Championship – 3

Birmingham Gala Night – 3

Belle Vue 06/04 and 29/06 – 2

Wardieee – Hednesford World Final - After being taken out a couple of times I got myself to the front only to be taken out once again! Thanks to sheer determination i managed to get back to second and start to hunt down the 236 machine however it was too late!

Kane – Belle Vue 29/06 - Probably my best overall meeting this year in my memory, winning the Final and having a great race with DanSkin as well. I enjoyed the European Championship but other people might think different!

Jake – Northampton European - 5 Drivers fighting for the win going into the Final turn with anyone able to take the victory.

LeeK – Mildenhall 19/10 - Enjoyed the meeting, always tend to like the nature of Mildo.

DanSkin – Hednesford World Final - A pleasure and so much joy/relief to retain the title.

qdRSW2n.png

What was your most memorable moment of 2015?

MartinB – Top 10 in World Final

DanW - My 1st Final win

Jake - Winning Euro Masters Championship (after messing it up the year before!)

Reece - Being banned for the World Final, not positive but it will be remembered so I don’t make the same mistake again.

Ben – F2 Nationals - Winning my first championship that got me my little silver stripe at Cowdie

LeeK - Getting the news that Grasser had won the Monday night pub quiz!!

Tim - when i was 3rd in semi final.

Mav - Birmingham April - Having practiced the track to death and feeling that I was too tight, I set off in my first heat and just left everyone! Looking in my mirror every lap to see nobody behind me, starting me believing that I had discoed!! Won the race and was chuffed. Rest of the meeting went downhill from there!

DanSkin - LeeK winning the European Championship - Someone who I've raced against since the beginning of my time online racing on Heat. An absolute pleasure to race him each week and chuffed to see him picking up titles again.

What are your aims for 2016?

Wardieee - To manage to settle down once again, and maybe give Dan a challenge for the gold or silver roof!

Reece - Win a championship. Don’t get banned

Kane – Get some luck and win some kind of championship

Ben - Win a major championship for once, not had one yet so obviously want to have a nice new shiny roof!

Dbecks – Qualify for the World Final

MartynR - Get back up to red and stay there for more than one month. A championship would be nice, but we can all dream!

LeeK - I don’t set aims as you only get annoyed if you don’t reach your aims. No aims = no disappointment.

MartinB - To win as many races as possible!

DanW - To improve my overall pace when in a pack of cars and not to be muscled out as easy as I do get at the moment.

Wardy - World of Shale, gold cup and give Skinner a run for his money at Mildenhall

DanSkin - No aims / enjoy it.

How was 2015 for you?

Wardieee - 2015 was a hard year, with the start of the year seeing me return to the wheel after 6 months in a cast. The start of the year was a success however I just couldn't buy myself a race victory.... After having a fair few months away I decided it was time for a return of the real 180 machine, and what a return it has been! Multiple championships have once again been added to my roof! I'm over the moon!

Kane – Not as good as I’d liked it to have gone compared to the season before. I know I should have done better but luck hasn’t really been on my side this year.

CB – Brilliant... until Bristol

Jake - Poor, targeted in main races.

Mav – Dreadful! New G27 wheel, refurbished cars and a will to succeed was how I started. As each meeting passed I got worse and worse and even after a short break I came back to the same scenarios. When I was criticised for wanting to win a race, and then put into a tyre deliberately on lap 2, enough was enough.

LeeK - It was ok, very few wins, won a title I didnt expect to win so pretty decent id say.

DanSkin - Very successful, but very hard work. I wish I had tested more pre-season and taken the new engine rather than persevering all year with the Pinto (but I'd never have forgiven myself if I had switched mid season and then struggled).

Dbecks - up and down my driving style was not on pace with everybody so i took what i could get, a broke computer and hours of practice to change my driving style really kicked a new confidence in me although I’m still learning the new style i now feel more racey with a bit more time it will come together more gaining a blue roof will also stand me well of learning a different method to race craft too and help from Danw117 and wardiee180 have really benefited me without these two i think I’d be a struggler in f2s

Who do you think will be the person to beat in 2016?

DanSkin #236 – 9

Wardieee #180 – 7

Reece #411 – 1

Reece – Wardieee - He's really the only person capable of beating DanSkin and i think he could be beating Dan next year and hopefully give him a run for his money on the National Points.

Mav – Wardieee - If Wardieee was to race in 2016 in the way he finished 2015 then he will be very hard to beat.

Wardieee – DanSkin - If I can manage to really challenge Dan for gold or silver, then 236 is 100% the man to beat in my eyes!

Ben – DanSkin - The one that wins it all, he only needs to have 1 title next year

Dbecks – DanSkin - is always the man to beat realistically for me I’m gunning to beat Ricky James 237

DanW - Wardieee - I think he will be a man on a mission in 2016 going by his recent form.

Twisty – Reece – Looked very quick for half of the season, could be a contender!

kcbcDQI.png

Roughest 2015

Finally we come onto a special award donated by Mr Wardieee himself!

After many hours of discussion with the UKDirt admin team and of course the members!!

We have all come to the conclusion that #167 Callum Barron has managed to 'bag himself' a trophy! :eclipsee_gold_cup:

H9SCIZS.png

OHH ARRR!!

Edited by Wardieee

What a season it has been, and this is a great way to bring the whole thing to a close! One award that is missing in my eyes is the best steward of the season. For me there is only one real contender for this and it is the 255 machine of Mr Starter Stumpy. He has been around i think every meeting to steward the meetings and has provided brilliant commentary in teamspeak too! I would like to personally thank Stumpy for his time this season and his effort in the stewards box to make the racing as enjoyable as possible during the meetings. Maybe he will bring on his new apprentice Ryan 230 next season along for the ride, but who knows ;) So again, a big thank you to Stumpy and roll on 2016!

Personally I would like to thank everyone for the 2015 season - Dave, Ben, Kane, CB, Wardy, Becks, Twisty, Drumbstick, Stumpy, DanSkin, LeeK!

As of the start of this year it was my sole decision to leave the F2s after many years of being an F2 admin both on this league and many other leagues. Even though i'm still around giving them a hand, its got to be said that without them we would have none of this! For many years myself, Dave and Drumb battled on with the tooz making them bigger and better every year, so for us three key figures to take a step back in 2015, the huge workload has been spread across quite a new team. 2016 is of course going to see some other huge changes, and it doesn't take a genius to guess that BenChambers name hasn't changed to blue for no reason. Hopefully the fresh blood can propel the F2s even further forward, to bring an ever bigger better F2 season to UKDirt!!

Thanks to everyone who has helped me through the 2015 season. Especially BigDave, DanSkin, Drumbstick, LeeK, Grasser, CB, DanW. Without these guys I would have no motivation to race, no help, no skins and ultimately no laughs.

Finally a huge thank you to Mr Starter! You lot might not see it, but Stumpy is the man! Stumpy sees people cocking around and reports them, Stumpy sees a bad start and restarts it... Yet Stumpy still puts up with a lot of abuse!! - Stumpy designates his night to making your racing great, and without him we would have to deal with Warping Cars, Raging Drivers, Idiots, Jump Starts, and a lot less DP!! It might be a bad thing when he catches you out, however when you think about it, he is only doing it to benefit you!

Here's to 2016! Lets make it a good one :appl:

What a fantastic piece truely everyone on the admins squad have made it an epic 1st full season for me and it was a pleasure to sit down and go thru the questions and write about my fellow drivers/freinds/rivals lol extremely pleased to have made it on the list hours of practice and set ups provided by danw truely have been the difference thank you to everyone for the 2015 f2 season

Edited by Dbecks

As has already been said, A great write up by all involved and some good comments too!

I would just like to say a thankyou to all of the F2 admin team and its many helpers for getting us through another year as has been mentioned we couldn't get through the year so swiftly without the likes of LeeK, DanSkin and Stumpy Etc, Lets hope 2016 is another great year, for me personally 2015 wasn't a great year racing wise I hope 2016 will be better. As Jamie has already posted Ben Chambers will be running the F2s next year with me taking a backseat aiming to leave altogether in the not so distant future, not feeling I can give as much of my time as I used too. I thankyou ALL for racing and I hope you treat him with the respect MOST of you have given me.

Roll on the 2016 season!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..