RESULTS: Kings Lynn (10/03/16)

DanSkin

Well done to Tsjalle #229 for winning the meeting final and Wardieee #180 top scoring!

Thanks to Stumpy for his stewarding assistance this evening.

Results:

Whites & Yellows: 146 17 82 44 237 221 599 525 777 241

Heat 1: 90 39 43 238 233 800 525 606 411 241 777 599

Heat 2: 229 17 249 1 82 44 146 527 221 246 653 180 237

Heat 3: 146 800 411 90 238 43 246 525 237 233 82 606 221

Heat 4: 229 1 180 44 39 17 653 249 599 241 589 777 527

Heat 5: 180 221 653 233 238 246 249 17 527 237 599 606 777

Heat 6: 90 1 229 800 411 43 39 589 82 44 241 525 146

B-Final: 237 599 241 777

A-Final: 229 180 17 525 90 39 43 800 249 233 1 246 238 411 44 589 653 82 606 146 527 221

GN 1: 233 90 800 39 238 221 653 525 589 599 527 82 777

GN 2: 180 17 1 249 43 246 237 146 411 44 229 241 606

83 pts 180 wardieee

78 pts 229 Tsjalle

75 pts 17 Dan W

75 pts 90 LiamB

58 pts 39 LeeK

52 pts 800 BenChambers

50 pts 43 pinken

48 pts 525 Mav

41 pts 1 Tom D

39 pts 233 Grasser

39 pts 249 stoxjack

31 pts 238 Kane_M

21 pts 221 Spike

20 pts 146 CrashleyEngland

20 pts 246 Stox

20 pts 411 ReeceWinch

20 pts 653 Ryan Simpson

15 pts 44 Tom K

11 pts 237 rickyljames

8 pts 82 dbecks

7 pts 589 Stijneman

5 pts 527 fast track

4 pts 599 Harold

3 pts 606 Stannie

2 pts 241 MarkPuxty

0 pts 777 HGR

Messers:

93 Twisty

595 The Undertaker

The replays are here!

Not sure about doing the F1's until i am better? Or was it shale? Or was it the track i was bad at?

Its a tough track Harry, and the F1s on shale arent easy. Its taken me years and years to get anywhere in them.

Get some laps under your belt in the other formulas and get some practice done in these... Youll be fine!!

Thanks for the meeting, Dan Stumps and co!

Edited by Wardieee

Thanks Dan Stumpy an all who helped.

As I thought I would get nothing out of the meeting I get some good points. There was some very good hard racing tonight for the 1st meeting of the season.

Harry Lynn is not the best track for a novice in the 1's but you don't get better if you don't drive them. The next present you get should be a wheel to use. A pad is ok but not really ideal for shale in either formula.

Stick at it Harry it took me 12 meetings to get my first points an I used to race them real life. Rome wasn't built in a day as they say.

That goes to all the new drivers. I am normally in the server most nights an I will always gladly pass you a base setty an help with any thing you need to know(NOT YOU RICKY THE WAT MAN JAMES).

Not sure about doing the F1's until i am better? Or was it shale? Or was it the track i was bad at?

Today I have not ridden harry, but yesterday and today have been trained.. when I get home and have a little time. just an hour's drive.

No matter what it is f1, f2 or minis. making even hours on the job. you'll only get better from.

DanW have me yesterday really helped with tips. and does evreybody here on UKDirt.

Its an asome community and love to race here.

i get my points now. minis and f2.. maybe next meeting in f1s to.. so just practice and practice and you get there!!

Since my membership was renewed i haven't book into a meeting. I know I booked into this on last years membership but id of thought me not being a member would automatically cancel my membership. If id known id of raced, because I arranged work specially so i could do the meeting, just presumed my account wouldn't be updated. I have to say the communication here is crap, next to non existent.

Cheers for the meeting lads , not much to complain about.

Apologies to Mav in the GN I went in for a hit and I think you had already lined the tyre up bit sorry if I caused you to get into it

See yous next week

I think you helped me into the tyre, but I was expecting a hit and tried to stay tight, so no matter what happened I contributed to it :thumbs_up:

After 100's of laps practice, I still felt that I wasn't consistent enough to be in race winning positions but thought I would be competitive for top 10 finishes.

W&Y's and my three heats never gave me a chance of even being in with a shout, as incidents by others in the opening laps, compounded on me and put me to the back in each race.

However a 7th and 8th in two heats was just reward for keeping going when all seemed lost.

Lining up for the final, I discounted my chances looking around at the company I kept in the yellow grade.

But to my surprise the start went well and I found myself in 2nd and 3rd was just visible in my mirrors.

After DBecks was wiped out by a rogue white, I was leading! YES - Mav leading! I bet TS was going into overdrive :thumbup:

Having come so close to winning a Kings Lynn F1 final before, I knew that consistency was the key and set about doing good laps.

However upon coming up to an incident, a backmarker was just getting going again in the middle of the track. I squeezed by but they was in my mirrors putting me off my line.

I let them through but they were all over and it slowed me enough for 2nd and 3rd to catch me and my chance of the final was gone.

No matter 4th was a great result after the disappointing heats - I don't think I finished an A Final in the points for most of the last season that I raced, so a big improvement.

The GN was superb too although disappointing at the end. I lead for a few laps when Liam and Grasser caught up and passed me.

This time I managed to stay with them, not going for hits, just followed and it felt brilliant!

I saw an opportunity to go past them both but it failed and the red top train went through, and later in the race my tyres had gone off and then damage from a tyre hit, so I couldn't remount a challenge.

Disappointed to finish 8th after leading and holding 3rd for a long period, but the buzz of side by side racing was superb :appl:

To finish 8th top scorer of the night is incredible and makes the night a success and is a big step towards moving up a grade - Well Chuffed :)

HARRY,

To start with just learn how to get the car round the track without crashing, spinning or hitting the fence.

A white should be around .5 of a second slower than a red, so if you can get below that then there will be a good chance you will be ahead by the end of the race.

BUT, you have to have car control first. If a car passes you don't instantly go to hit it back, it only slows you down. Follow it, see how it drives, see where you loose or gain time on it.

I practice other nights so the server is empty and I can tweak my setup so that I can drive the car consistently without others interfering!

Then on race night practice I use that setup to drive in traffic and learn how to deal with other cars around me. I very rarely hit another car, because I am still not good at it! But when I am confident of my handling of the car I will then learn how to hit and how that affects my car. Also learn how to be hit, and what you can do to avoid spinning after, or if you are nudged how to keep it pointing forward. Throttle off is better than throttle on most of the time.

All this will help you stay in the race, but remember you don't have to be the fastest to get to the end first!

Keep trying, you seem like a genuine guy, and it will come.

Edited by Mav

Cracking first meeting of the season, hopefully it continues for the rest of the season!!

More than happy with points for the meeting, didn't expect much from red especially rocking up just in time for the first heat!

WD Jalle, Wardieee and all other winners! :appl:

Harry- don't get disheartened to quickly, Lynn is a tough track to drive in the 1s. As other have said practice as much as you can. Consistency is the key when running from the lower grade, you don't have to be the fastest to win.

Cheers for meeting Dan, stumpy and the rest!!

Since my membership was renewed i haven't book into a meeting. I know I booked into this on last years membership but id of thought me not being a member would automatically cancel my membership. If id known id of raced, because I arranged work specially so i could do the meeting, just presumed my account wouldn't be updated. I have to say the communication here is crap, next to non existent.

The communication his is only as good as you make it! You PM Counter and within 24 hours he replies with the perfect answer - 7 days a week

BUT if you don't read his post that's pinned to the top of the forum, or the Facebook post that says he is going on holiday for 2 weeks then that isn't anyone's problem buy your own. There must of been 8 different posts on Facebook (that I posted) and 2 or 3 posts on counters topic at the top of the forum. It is your job to manage your membership, and you can't begrudge the man a holiday! I believe he is back sometime early next week.

Having emailed you from my holiday and updated your account as soon as I returned home (after 28 hours travelling and before sleep), I am sorry for the lack of communication.

I will now return your fee and cancel your membership.

Twisty its your problem as i said in the other post a week ago. I am sure that you had 10 minutes to read the message titled "all members please read". You had over 1.5 months! Apart from can i say thanks for all the support on this thread to help its been great! Cya all on monday and hope to see SSC starting soon👍

I think anybody with any reasoning would understand my frustration, first at missing a meeting i really wanted to do on monday, and had paid for. I've since checked facebook, nothing about a deadline for membership, and facebook groups only show up if you have notifications on and check facebook regularly. Then secondly to be classed as a messer for this meeting, another i'd of like to have raced. I think in 2 years i have only been listed as a messer once. Dp points i have less than 10, in two years. I help newbies in practise lobbys, I will reply on here if I can help. To be kicked off this site for having an opinion is quite frankly a disgrace. My opinion is probably wrong, but when you deal with people who can't understand other peoples opinions then your best off leaving. Whats that they say about arguing with idiots, it's like playing chess with a pigeon, no matter how good you are the pigeon will still FILTERED on the board and strutt off like it won.

Thanks to all those that have helped me over the past 2 years, wish you all the best and i hope this site goes from strength to strength because we need more short oval racing games like this, and sites like this can only help. Twisty

I think anybody with any reasoning would understand my frustration, first at missing a meeting i really wanted to do on monday, and had paid for. I've since checked facebook, nothing about a deadline for membership, and facebook groups only show up if you have notifications on and check facebook regularly. Then secondly to be classed as a messer for this meeting, another i'd of like to have raced. I think in 2 years i have only been listed as a messer once. Dp points i have less than 10, in two years. I help newbies in practise lobbys, I will reply on here if I can help. To be kicked off this site for having an opinion is quite frankly a disgrace. My opinion is probably wrong, but when you deal with people who can't understand other peoples opinions then your best off leaving. Whats that they say about arguing with idiots, it's like playing chess with a pigeon, no matter how good you are the pigeon will still FILTERED on the board and strutt off like it won.

Thanks to all those that have helped me over the past 2 years, wish you all the best and i hope this site goes from strength to strength because we need more short oval racing games like this, and sites like this can only help. Twisty

To be clear, you have not been kicked off this site which is a forum and there is no fee required for you to be a member and share your opinions within the guidelines and rules of the forum.

Given your opinion about me not being around for a few days to swiftly process your late payment so you could enjoy racing the following day, I have already apologized for that from my hotel room via email, explaining that I was unable to process your membership whilst on holiday.

I had given plenty of notice that I would not be around the first week in March, but I had not taken the time to email/PM each member who hadn't taken the time to renew their membership on time. This is not a business and there is no cover for processing payments if I'm not around. I've been doing this for 8/9 years and this is the first time I've felt like returning a membership payment after an opinion has been expressed.

I appreciate I only spend the time to help keep this going as I no longer race since the move to rFactor, so I'll ignore the fact that you have called me an idiot on here and pathetic in a PM and hope you enjoy your season.

same here harry i wasent that good at f1s at essex and tbh im not really wanting to race them till i get a bit better

I think its best to still do them for practice

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..