Introducing myself to ukdirt

Firstly I like to say a big "Hello" to everyone..

How I got into this site..

I have been watching numerous YouTube videos, which opened my eyes on how graphic and realistic the cars and tracks are.. Since then I have registered as a driver in F1 stock cars and national hotrods. I ha e also registered a race number in both formulate.. 304=F1 and 515 in national hot rods.. My only set back in this moment in time is which is a big downfall I have no computer.. As soon as I get a deck top computer I'll be up and running a few,, no large amounts of practice laps in both of my cars, which no doubt is the first thing to do apart from up loading cars and tracks..

I'm sure there will plenty of opportunities for me to read before I even think about going to race with all of you one day.. Yes I have joined in both leagues in F1 stock cars and national hot rods..I will also probably be posting from time to time asking questions...

Ok that's me done for now..

Just before I sign off,,

Keep those tyres spinning or smoking.

Keep those engines screaming up the straights.

And above all keep the racing clean and fun..

Ok bye for now, until next time

Dave..

Hi! Just to say F2 are Monday, Mini Tuesday, Saloon (Bangers) Wednesday and F1 Thursday. UK-Dirt doesn't run hotrods between March and November. They might run as a winter league though.

I would advise doing race meetings when u get your pc in the Ministox first as you learn a lot.

If you have time join the saloons on a Wednesday just forva laugh (we race them like Bangers)

After about 2 weeks do some F2 meetings than once you can get points in the F2 I would then do F1

If your going to practice offline first I would suggest the F2 mod then when you can do 50 laps without crashing and reasonably consistent practice with F1. Good Luck👍

Thanks,HGG..

at the moment in time, believe it or not, I'm actually sending this messages via my phone.. Your advice seems a great idea, yes once I have my desktop set up and everything loaded from UK diet in the correct way or manner..

At the moment I've registered with rfactor as well, so I don't know whether I'm coming or going at this stage.. I have read a set up from som uk.. which I will put into practice at the right moment... I think I also will be needing a steering wheel and pedals, so I'll be hunting a few computer stores in my area for the best or best deals..

Just on a more slightly different note but keeping with stock car banger and other formulars,, I have been going to shed loads of meetings I mean the real stuff, over God knows how many years now.. I have also been a mechanic to a good friend of mine since the early 70's,, and gone to a few different tracks as well..

Anyway thanks again HGG for your input

Thank you Grasser for your kind words.. After watching a few of the YouTube vids as I previously mentioned.. It's so frustrating for me, I'm so itching to get a computer and steering wheel and pedals.. The only thing I ask is what do I either purchase from a gaming computer shop being the actual rfactor game itself or do as a download,, or do I download from this site (ukdirt) ?...

As HGG mentioned as a info,, is for me to join or add the other formulars to my list as to say as mentioned.. This is all to me being a online racing game, so I maybe asking a few questions to help me start before I even get a computer..

Oh great.. I have a laptop, which I bought obviously lol, when I got made redundant back in 2008 a month before Christmas that year.. since then it has recently been got at with them horrible things called Trojans grrrrrrr.. it's running or was running on Windows 7...

Obviously HGG you must be running with steering wheel and pedals on your laptop ?...

Great.. I'll be looking for wheel and pedals in the near future... Sorry for asking all these questions.. Last night I added more race numbers to the formulate left, that I have now joined apart from the ministoxs and the brisca legends.. My question is,, when I'm up and running through rfactor and ukdirt leagues,, should I have noted down the race numbers to each formular that I registered with, or if and when I book in to race a formular of my choice at that time will it recognize my race number ?....

all i can say is have a good go at the game offline befour coming online big step up going into online for me and wasent what i expected

Hi Conner..

I have had some racing game experience in with my PlayStation I use to own,, with Grand Torismo,, although being a different kettle of fish as to this short oval online game... You mentioned about doing an off line trial as to say,,, how do I try that being off line as I mentioned a few messages before not having a desk top or laptop computer as yet ?

Thank you Jake

No doubt I'll be seeing everyone in the near future once I get online so we can rub some paint off of each other racing,, but I will say in a good gentlemanly manner and obviously within the rules,, apart from the saloon stock cars a bit more like bending a few front and rear bumpers as to say and it's all done in a good gentlemanly way..

Hello Dave and Welcome to UKDirt! I'm sure you will enjoy your time with us here.

As has been already mentioned by Harry, We race on Monday, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Each meeting starts at 8:30pm (but you will need to be in the UKDirt chat by 8:20pm). The first thing I would suggest for you to do is to read through the rules for each forumla which can all be found on the UKDirt website Here under the "League Information" tab, also I would start thinking about getting your own personal skins done for the mods you are wanting to race. You are only really allowed to use the provided novice skins for a month (there is a new sknipack every month for each mod). Once you have gotten yourself sorted with a steering wheel and computer (which I recommend using instead of a pad/joystick as you have much more feel of what the car is doing, especially if the steering wheel has force feedback) I would suggest that you do plenty of laps offline, this can give you the opportunity to not only get a feel for how the cars drive, but create a set up to your liking. As Harry said above, the best two mods to start in would be the Minis (Tuesday nights) and Saloons (Wednesday nights). The minis are the easiest to drive with most people within .1 of each other on lap times, which produces some fast and competitive racing. The saloons are the most laid back mod at UKDirt and are primarily for enjoyment and a bit of a laugh (not many of us take them that seriously). The rules are very laid back and they are generally a great mod to start racing in. However, while racing the minis and saloons, i would suggest you also practice as much as possible in the F1's and F2's. These can be tricky to drive at first (especially the F1's) and the more practice, the better you will be at your first meeting. If you have any other questions about anything, feel free to drop me a PM and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

See you on track soon!

Ben

or you can do what i did and just came on and put evry one in da wall :)

Made yourself look an idiot and score no points! :appl: Great Idea :banghead2:

Lol. Well said ben read what he put dave

Hello Ben..

Thank you for your comments and info and advice..

I will take up your offer on pm you for more advice and help, and maybe more questions..

Dave

Hi Connor..

In answer to your more recent reply,, that's a good idea on putting or berrying everyone else in the wall in the saloon stock car formulae,, as a more relaxing point of view.. after being in a more let's say a more serious non contact formular as in other than saloon stock car,, you got to have a bit of fun and a laid back style.. in other words in real life as to say or tv advert use to say work rest and play..

Hey..

You guys that have replied to my messages and great and very helpful,, or should I say your the nuts.. Anyway thanks for your input and advice..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..