Azza 17 / 117

As some people may have already heard, yesterday 21/05/16 it was announced that we had tragically lost one of our own....

Personally, I was lucky enough to of known Azza from day one, racing online with him for a good few years many moons before I even showed my face on here racing over a variety of rFactor leagues both on the ovals and on the road courses. Aaron was a true gent, and nothing went unappreciated wether it be setup tips, or even just a little breathing space on track. He truly respected those around him, and would literally do anything for anyone which is a rare thing these days. Aaron's true light showed in the 2012 season, where with some setup tips and a little advice he managed to keep me on my toes both in the national points series and in the big championship races over at our regular home back then. After a successful two seasons, Aaron teamed up with another fellow friend Matt creating a league running the national hotrod mod of which both myself and Grasser233 raced for a good couple of seasons. Aaron really did love his non contact racing, and even managed to persuade drumstick, Grasser and myself to start working on a little update for the hotrods. Aaron inspired the major rework of Arena Essex spending many hours testing with myself and a few others. At the time I had very little knowledge in what I was doing, but with Aaron's sheer determination I just couldn't let him down, and after around 30 different versions we settled on what is today's Arena 1.1. From then on we worked on fixing many issues, and I'm sure the day will come where all of this is released, however this just goes to show how much of an inspiration Aaron was to the racing we have today. Not many people see what goes on behind the closed doors, however I'm sure both Grasser and Drumb will agree, Aaron & Matt really pushed the hotrods!

No words can truly describe the loss of this young inspiration, not only as a fellow driver, or a fellow stockcar fan, because Aaron was quite simply one of the most loyal best friends any of us could ever of asked for. Not only myself, CB, HamsterJnr, Hoggy, BenChambers, Grasser, Simmo, Jakeeey, Samson just to name a few.

For those of you who know both me and Aaron well, this will come as no surprise, but through any hard times like these we would always have a nice cheerful singsong in teamspeak! So don't worry Ayza, Monday night we will be blasting one out for you mate!

So from all of us here at UKDirt and the general online racing society, may you rest in piece Azza!

Edited by Wardieee

Sorry to hear of the loss of a which I can only say by reading, he was a pioneer to the online racing community in ukdirt.. It's great to hear that he would put himself out to help anyone in need of advise or whatever.. I would say the same with everyone that has given me advise, and some personal pm's to help me on my way..

I hope that on Monday race night that honoured with respect..

Dave

I can only echo what Wardy has posted. I certainly remember Aaron very well and was a key figure in the online National Hotrod scene both here and in various other leagues in the community. He was also a keen supporter of the Grasstrack mods at the time of release. He approached everything he did here and online with great enthusiasm, something I believe that had carried over to his Slotstox exploits as well.

My thoughts, and I'm sure the community as a whole, are with his family and friends at this difficult time.

Rest in peace Aaron.

Edited by Grasser233

This wasn't something I wanted to be reading last night , absolutely gutted. Can only echo what Jamie has said , Azza was a cracking lad who I got on with from the get go , he couldn't half turn them hotrods! One race in particularly I remember of him was a great battle in a British championship for the F2s which If I remember rightly he went on too win! Was only the other week he was asking how I was gettin on etc. He will be sorely missed around all aspects of stock cars wether it be online or real life. RIP Buddy.

Rest In Peace Aaron. What about a memorial race on Monday?

It's a bit soon for anything of this kind Harry, as I'm sure you can respect however I myself will certainly be turning up and doing it for Aaron.

Over time we will arrange an event of some kind...

Can only echo what everyone else has said about Azza, if you'd ever had a bad day at work soon as he'd join teamspeak and started singing it'd soon brighten the mood and bring a smile to your face! Probably one of the best memories online was waking up at 5am to represent team GB in the NZ World 240s. Azza organised it all, even to being the alarm clock ring me at 4.30am to make sure I was awake 😂 Hope you grace the race track in the sky with the same presence you gave us, heaven has gained another angel. R.I.P my friend.

Going on from what Harry said about doing a memorial event.. From what I see that Arron is praised by everyone,, so I would like to say if possible that there is an annual memorial race night maybe with a named formula that was his baby as to say, maybe put his race after a final or something..

What would be everyone's opinion with this matter,, memorial race/event.

Dave

Can't believe he's gone only seems like yesterday we were battling on track. I remember the good old days in teamspeak arguing over whether he was a northerner or not and the great moments we had together. The thing about Aaron was whatever he did he gave it 110%, his racing, the behind the scenes stuff with the hot rods and the banter. He even had a go at commentary for a touring car league if I remember rightly, and he was good at that too!

920886_10151455384272215_1615985593_o.jpg

Race is peace buddy!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..