NZ stockcar

Dragon 428

Well I thought it was a wrong post but luckily I solved the error.

Thanks to MOR for having a keen eye on a screenshot that I posted earlier in this thread. He noticed that there was no shadow underneath the car. Took some time to solve it but in the end I got there. Not only did I get a shadow back, but I have also learnd to make a different shadow underneath the car. If you take a closer look at the screenshot you'll recognise the shape of the NZ stockcar in the shadow. At the mometn in other games we have a "boxed" shadow. So I got 2 for the price of 1. Once again thanks to help from a couple of friends, we tricked the problem and added a little extra to it.

Dragon

edit: I am trying to get this type of shaddow done for Brisca Heat 2005 as well. It'll be adjusted with a patch by AndyG. The original instalation file will include this patch though, so new people will have the proper shadow right away.

post-96-1105385935.jpg

Edited by Dragon 428

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

First up, top stuff Dragon, great work, looks much better than the usual block shadow! No problem for spotting it, my Dad's always on about how some of the shadows are crap in game (mainly bangers) so i sorta take notice alot now.

Top Reply too DirtNZ

Cheers MoR

PS Hope Budge races too  5.gif

2786[/snapback]

Was gonna cut down on the online racing.... still might... but as you ask so nicely Al... i'd be up for theses 2... with brisca legends on a friday, F2's might have to take back seat for a bit...

Great Drag... looking forward to trying this out

Guest NzStocker

I would just like to make a comment that I am one of the lucky few to have had a chance to race Dirtnz's cars all though the game isnt finished he was kind enough to give me a few cars to have a go in and I have got to say they are awesome and I can see where all the time has gone into the game not just into the cars themselve but also the menus etc.... He has also made three very life like and brillant New Zealand tracks, I guess its only a matter of short time now till its 100% finished.

I have also spoken to Dirtnz about Dragons cars and like the post he made here he seems genuinely happy that they are being made and is aware that it is a totaly different concept. Also while on the subject of Dragons cars I have to say while they dont look excatly like the New Zealnd cars they arnt too far off and look very good for someone who hasnt seen them in real life and I will be one of the many downloading them. As for the skins they look like the real thing to me.

PS I wouldnt mind teaching a few of you Some Kiwi Style rcaing online sometime

thumbs_up.gif

Edited by NzStocker

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..