• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOOOOOO! 3.gif

Lol, twas quite reminisent of BriSCA Legends though..... thumbup.gif

Cheers MoR

Edited by MoR137

If we were going to run a fun race league to make racing fun there ust ned to be rules as I don't really like the way bl racing is done as you could just get taken out every lap and oppos all the time and I think it would be a bit of a waste. Only my opinion right enough but what the hell.

cheers

sparky

If we were going to run a fun race league to make racing fun there ust ned to be rules as I don't really like the way bl racing is done as you could just get taken out every lap and oppos all the time and I think it would be a bit of a waste. Only my opinion right enough but what the hell.

cheers

sparky

2818[/snapback]

No oppo allowed in BL 3.gif waste of time getting took out lap after lap? I think it's all part of the fun shrug.gif

Wainman didnt have get nailed, be he was sore in morning!

cheers

sparky

2818[/snapback]

Noones asking you to race BL, Sparky. If it ain't for you, fine - but we like it (and no, we don't have Oppo at all).

cheers

sparky

2818[/snapback]

I am sorry Sparky, but then I think this type of racing is nothing of youre liking. Oppo's and infield take out's are not allowed if I am right.

The Sunday Night Thunder action (and Brisca Legends) are maybe the best examples for the NZ type of racing.

Nice screenshot, do you have the game installed on youre harddrive? I have had a little look at that website where all those chassis are (link somewhere mentioned in this thread) and it looks ok. It is hard to see the differences between the chassis as some have a bigger bonnet then others or so, but not major differences.

There are some differences between DirtNZ and my models, though not much. Attached I have put some sort of comparison screenshot and try to spot the differences.

Progress for the game so far:

- I got a name now for it: New Zealand Heat

- The cars and physics are ready and the main differences in physics from the "normal" shale cars are: tracking of rear wheels is narrowed and the wheelbase is narrowed (from 100 to 96). Both changes will have some effect to the driving of the car but not in a way that you feel that the car is completely different to drive. You might now be a tad slower or faster then the shale car (havent tested this).

- Currently I am waiting for a few pictures that I can/may use for the menu screens. The main lay-out for the menu's is done

- Painted 3 dummy skins for the 3 type of cars that are in the game. These cars will come with the release of the game and can be used to start with untill a driver has it's own custom skin (pictures of the cars are in the gallery section)

So it's not much left to do but it all depends a bit on how soon I can get some pictures. And for those that want to help with this. I don't want website rip off pictures as I want to have permission from the website owner to use them. Best picture size to use is 1024x768 pixels.

Then it's packing it all together into 1 file and find some webspace to host it. If anyone is willing to host the file would be well appriciated. Maybe a little website for it to finnish it off?

Dragon

post-96-1105196953.jpg

www.pnspeedway.co.nz  Just ask them if you can use the pictures of their site. i'm sure they will let you use their pictures if it's for the use of the mod.

cheers

sparky

2839[/snapback]

Sparky, those pictures are nice but arent the required file size 1024x768. If you rake a good read as well you'll find out that the pictures that are shown can be ordered i.e. you'll have to pay for.

As for the part of chassis and stuff, what are you talking about?

The template will be released when the mod comes out. Otherwise I got people all asking me to do some renders of the car as they want to check out their paint sheme.

DaveW, it would be great to have a selection of pit pictures and if possible some track shots and action shots. That way I can make a good selection.

If you got a few, drop me a mail at removespamjeroen.heijmans@home.nl

Dragon

On the template which i was sent for the woodsy chassis it had no guides or anything. Just a whole load of blank panels:S. You had to guess what part was what. There are also other sites which you could ask for a larger resolution version of the images?? www.nzstockcars.cjb.net is one.

cheers

sparky

On the template which i was sent for the woodsy chassis it had no guides or anything. Just a whole load of blank panels:S. You had to guess what part was what. There are also other sites which you could ask for a larger resolution version of the images?? www.nzstockcars.cjb.net is one.

cheers

sparky

2850[/snapback]

Sparky,

If you open the TGA then paint every area a different colour and write down what they are, you can then import the skin and write down which colour does which area of the car wink.gif you then colour each area and save it as a layer, and when you have all of the areas on their own layer, you can delete the TGA layer et voila....a layered template.

Sorry to hijack the thread Dragon, i'm glad to see that theres some support for the mod to be completed, i'm looking forward to trying these online (car looks fantastic too m8 clean as a whistle) smile.gif

all the best chaps..........Wrighty

Edited by wrighty496

Guest Chris56

What a load of FILTERED i wrote up sorry guys i'll get rid of message

8 chassis 3 nz tracks (not including baypark) and around 28 drivers sofar MORE TO Come

Chris56

Edited by Chris56

Chris56...

First up. 'Real Stockcar Heat'? You want 'Real Stock Car Heat', then go and download BH2005 or BriSCA Legends.....

Secondly, you boast about having lots of Real Life drivers in your game? If you read this thread, Dragon states that this game isnt going to have that many real life skins, and is more open for OUR custom skins for whatever league we decide to run for this mod. Personally i couldn't care much for real life NZ skins, because i haven't a clue who all the drivers are, apart from Stan Hicky.

All credit to Dirtnz on trying to get his game going, but i remember talking about the game since when i first started UKDirt (March 2003) and tbh 2 years is a long time to wait.....

I understand you are coming on her to defend the mod which you are helping to create, but nobody is forcing you to race Dragon's NZ Heat. If you don't like it, then get back to work with Dirtnz, finish the game and then come back here and tell us how good it is, rather than slagging off our NZ Heat when yours isn't even finished.

Cheers MoR

I have waited absolutely ages since I first heard about it and have been eagerly awaiting it's release. As for as I know tracks only need a few tweaks and in-car views are the only ting that needs sorted. Apart from that everything in that mod seems to be done.

cheers

sparky

hey guys

firstly id like to say to dragon top work on the models man considering you never seen one in real life they are bloody good and in some areas got more detail than the ones i have done so top job from what i can see ( i wouldnt mind learning few tips from ya to be honest)

secondly as far as skins go yes i do use the basic cut and paste method mainly because i havnt got a propper sign writing programe or anything to that extent.

thirdly i know how long everyones been waiting for this mod and im not defending myself in any way ive been a real slacker and shouldve had this done years ago so to all you guys i do appologise.yes it is still in the works and is getting closer to completion it's like sparky said all that needs to be done really is incar veiws for the cars which i have got but not happy with apart from that skins-menus-etc etc etc are all done to the extent for a release but still not placing date on it.

lastly again id like to say top job to dragon i thought it would only be a matter of time before someone got tired of waiting and went at making another one of thier own and i can fully understand that it is for another series within the uk dirt league.

so all in all guys i am sorry to those that have waited so long and hope you guys all have fun with dragons new mod that he"s put time and effort into making which is looking great.

ps: dragon if you need some 1024x768 photos of real nz cars i have got quite a few but all just pit shots if it helps.

Thanks for the compliments DirtNZ, have to say I am well chuffed to hear that from a NZ guy who knows what NZ stockcars are and look like.

I havent got a proper signwriting program either but I do have Photoshop, which can do magic’s at times. Being a bit handy with it is helpful as well.

The in car view I have is comparable with the ones that we already have in the Brisca stockcars mod. Nothing special but it does the job for those that use this view.

Yes some pictures would be very welcome. I need about 15 pictures. Pits pictures are good as well. If you please could zip them up and send them to removespamjeroen.heijmans@home.nl (please remove the “removespam� bit before mailing). Of course a mention in the thank you list is the least I can do for the pictures.

Last but not least, that’s a top reply that you give. I can think of guys that would have replied in a comeplete different way. Top marks for that !!! appl.gif

Dragon thumbup.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..