Lap Times

Dane503

Is there not some kind of list with fastest lap times for each track,

I dont know about anybody else but i like to know the fastest lap times for each track so i have like a target to aim for when i am practicing so to speak

Some people may or may not agree but i think a little list with each track we race on and the fastest lap time beside it would be a good idea

If you have a browse of the thread Here, you will find a results viewer. Then all you need to do is download the replays files from the first post in the results thread. In those zip files you will also find the results files (the .xml files) direct from the server in there. Open them in the viewer and you will be able to view the lap times.

Hope this helps. :thumbs_up:

Works a treat :)

Barford:

Name: Dan Skinner #236

Fastest Lap: 12.910

Northampton:

Name: Jamie Ward #180

Fastest Lap: 14.474

Kings Lynn:

Name: Jack Ward #184

Fastest Lap: 15.943

I'm all for this being a good idea, but people get obsessed with stuff like this for no reason. It's a known fact you will go faster on track when in traffic as you can get little leans off people coming out of corners or use them to slow you down at a later apex ect, so PLEASE remember that these laptimes are taken from race conditions with 23 other cars bashing around the person who sets the fastest lap. In a 20 lap final your .4 is no use of your averaging .8s, stockcars racing in general is all about consistency.... a fastest lap of .5 with an average of .6s will always beat a .4 with an average of .8s.

Before doing 1000 laps setting your car up to go fast over a lap, remember that the car needs to be able to take a hit, slam the fence ect. Look at the fastest drivers in an F2 server, on average there will be 92, 117, 184, 236, 238 and myself. Half of the cars on that list can blast myself, Dan and John in practice but when it comes to racing they can't touch anything near that 'lap time' in the server. This isn't because the can't drive, it's because the car isn't set up to bounce off the wall or clip the carb a few times. Personally I always compromise pace for that durability within the setup, and that would be my advice to everyone else on track. These things certainly aren't hotrods...

Oh i totally understand that those times are set when in race conditions etc

consistency whats that lol, i can never be consistent like you guys

My settys only work when im on my own, if im in a pack then im useless and get nowhere just like at barford the other night

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..