Consi : 425, 401, 224, 71, 828, 118, 36, 307

Superbowl : 499, 71, 382, 720, 618, 17, 161, 501, 207, 828

Formula 2's :

C.O.C Consi : NI17, NI925, 725, NI917

C.O.C : 79, 647, 641, 426, 964, 82, 282, NI17, 888, 172, 318, 350

Consi : 854, 773, 146, 480, 968, 114, 823, 631, 501, 321, 10, 653

Final : 82, 647, 79, 501, 725, NI17, 964, 480, 114, 245

GN : 79, 964, 725, 888, 480, 570, 82, 146, 940, 823

Wasn't the best of meetings, but it was good to see a few over from Ireland, and the usual up from England. Personally, i didn't think there would be as many that would come up, butcredit to the drivers....there was plenty of them. If the night had stayed dry, it had potential to be a very good evening, although it did dry up slightly to the end, the racing was slower than usual, but there were plenty of hits being dished out.

Gordon Moodie won the C.O.C race, which was very tame indeed, and was the quickest car on track by a country mile. Done well to make his way through the track, but never really had any trouble, apart from a restart in front of Burgoyne, but even he couldn't use the re-start to his advantage. The Consi for the C.O.C before, saw 146 take out 444 in the last bend, which....tbh...was the worst bumperwork in the history of stockcars, after the white roof had been infront all meeting, gets taken out on the last bend, from a driver with the fibreglass bumper....both never finished, and wee picked up by the tractors!!

The Final for the F2's proved to be one of the better races, especially nearer the end with the restarts, with Burgoyne (647), Brown (82) and Moodie (79) challenging for the Final win. It was always going to be close, with Burgoyne and Moodie swapping places a few times, after Burgoyne moved over and let the Multi Champ through only to have a pop on the same corner to try put the National Points Champion up the wall...even with the Burgoyne car being quicker, it also gave Brown the chance to make up time and get closer to the front two. Brown moved both the 79 and 647 cars over with ease, and took the final win in his new cars, with many cars retiring due to facing up to a trip to the wall.

There were a number of saloons that made the trip, including David Aldous, Danny Bradford, Danny Hunt, Eddie Darby, Richard Baldwin, and the Webster Brothers...to name but a few. Some big hits throughout the evening, most notably when Lindsay Wilson took out about 5 cars at the same time (well, ok...Alexander only counts for 3..) which was brillaint. Trailing the 71 car, and looking quickest...time would only tell when the 246 would put 'Big Gordie' up the wall, leaving 71 tangling with the trailing pack, and to take the first heat of the night.

I was, as always...bewildered by the Superbowl Line up, and soon just after it finished. They lined up in what looked to be a 'pick out of the hat' order, with 29 and 677 starting on the front row. After a few laps, the yellows came out....and whilst they were out, Webster was leading from Hunt, then Aldous...and entering turn 1, Aldous proceeded to give 402 the big push under the yellows, resulting in the 402 cars retirement, and Hunt spinning far down the pecking order. My first thought was Aldous (499) would be docked at the end, but that wasn't to be the case. Plenty of bumperwork went in, but it proved another meeting up at the Racewall that was successful for the English.

It was alright i though, with the good car numbers, better than your run-of-the-mill meeting, and it was good to meet Crasher for the first time but that was levelled out by Albertz's poor jokes all night  rolleyes.gif Good to meet Prydie, Albertz, Fritz, Cod, Pedz, Corny, Fozz, Korizin, Trav and Wrighty once again though. Still undecided wether to head along today for the 'second part' of the Saloons, with no F2's and the Stock Rods and Pro Stocks taking their place....and in the wet, i can't see it being a decent enough meeting to justify £10  042.gif

Cheers,

Hack

Didn't think you knew I was there too wink.gif - did say Hi but you missed it  ohmy.gif

Nice report m8

I enjoyed the meeting, was worth the £10 to get in for me.

rofl.gif @ kori!!!

you guys should have went today, it was a superb meeting!!!

3 follow in's, loads of high speed spins to the wall....and that was just the stock rods!!!!

best hit of the day had to goto Barnies brother...i was talkin to them in the pits before the meeting as he was told yesterday he was banned for doin a head on into another driver in the pro-stocks. He said "it was a tap nothin more" so i took my seat in the stand as the pro-stocks rolled onto the track and to my delight Barnies bro was allowed to race.....

He took his grid position and then, hold on, whats this, he turns the car around and goes full throttle head on into guy who moaned about the head on a couple o weeks before  rofl.gif  rofl.gif  rofl.gif ...but thats not all...he leaps from the car and was heard to shout " NOW THATS A HEAD ON"  rofl.gif  rofl.gif

But just when you thought its all finished the race ends and the car is left on the track.....but whos this misterious fellow walking out onto the track as the saloons are rolling round, then refuseing to leave till the remove the stricken car...yeah you guessed it Barnies bro!!!

Some massive hits in the loons too, but im coming round to these stock rods, man theres more action in those than any of the contact formula!!

prydie

rofl.gif @ kori!!!

you guys should have went today, it was a superb meeting!!!

3 follow in's, loads of high speed spins to the wall....and that was just the stock rods!!!!

best hit of the day had to goto Barnies brother...i was talkin to them in the pits before the meeting as he was told yesterday he was banned for doin a head on into another driver in the pro-stocks. He said "it was a tap nothin more" so i took my seat in the stand as the pro-stocks rolled onto the track and to my delight Barnies bro was allowed to race.....

He took his grid position and then, hold on, whats this, he turns the car around and goes full throttle head on into guy who moaned about the head on a couple o weeks before  rofl.gif  rofl.gif  rofl.gif ...but thats not all...he leaps from the car and was heard to shout " NOW THATS A HEAD ON"  rofl.gif  rofl.gif

But just when you thought its all finished the race ends and the car is left on the track.....but whos this misterious fellow walking out onto the track as the saloons are rolling round, then refuseing to leave till the remove the stricken car...yeah you guessed it Barnies bro!!!

Some massive hits in the loons too, but im coming round to these stock rods, man theres more action in those than any of the contact formula!!

prydie

quaaaalllllliiiiitttttttyyyyyyyyy  rofl.gif    i had to rub my eyes to see if i was dreaming    rofl.gif wd paul rofl.gif

Today was indeed a cracker of a meeting!!!

Some hard hits in ALL formulas as Prydie mentions which is kinda worrying as officially only 1 contact formula was on the bill!!

Gunner suffered heavy damage after he hit the wall hard coming out of the pit bend and also a good few other stock rods were lifted off track looking rather sorry for themselves!!!

Prostocks were entertaining as well, but for all the wrong reasons though!!(Definately a case of the "Red Mist" descending today!!)

Best/closest saloon racing Ive seen at the Racewall for some time with most of the races being decided in the last few corners which certainly makes a change from watching them play catch up to the run away leader/s

Would be good to find out if EPV caught most of the weekends "Incidents" as if he did then it will be very good viewing indeed!!

That's it now 'til next March for us at the Racewall,time to look out the dvds from earlier on in the season,hopefully catch a few more meets down south,read all the ORNs and Unloadeds Ive kept for the closed season,skin myself buying Christmas presents,make an arse of myself over the festive period!!!

I hope you all enjoy your "Closed Season" and I look forward to meeting all the regulars and indeed more new faces from the world of UKDirt in 2006!!

P.S

Some winners pics up on my site now !!

2.gif

Brilliant meeting today thumbs_up.gif  As in the previous 4 years the sunday after the bowl (surely no longer prefixed by super  3.gif ) was the best meeting of the season by a street mile.

Cowdenbeath's best two formula's by a long way (Stock Rod's and Prostox)  were on and they dragged the saloons out of the sleep they were in last night as well.  thumbup.gif

By the way Barney's bro was not allowed to race today after being told again at 12.30 that he was indeed banned. (This by the same man who accepted his booking last week  shrug.gif ) however gmp's seemingly endless incompetence meant he was able to not only get out on track for heat 2 but also line up facing the wrong way from everyone else waiting for 202 to come on track before dozing him head on in front of the starters rosrtum while the cars were lining up. He followed this up by throwing his licence on track as he was walking away.

Alas Paul has now been told he has been banned for life (Heard it. Another guy who was told that some years back was allowed back on track a few months later and proceeded to wrap one of Scrapmans prostox round his neck  thumbs_down.gif ) but hopefully the powers that be will look deep into the pathetic organisation that led Paul to take his drastic action and run the formula a bit more fairly in future. Everyone who knows Paul knows he has a short fuse but it seems to me that the people running the formula were quite happy to keep on giving him a longer rope, and they were no doubt secretly delighted today when he finally hung himself with it. Shame on the lot of you.  011.gif

Aside from that the Stock rods served up their usual brand of entertainment. 721 & 831, 232 & 84 were two clashes that spring to mind but 72's demolition of 658 in the final was the most prominant falling out.

The saloons were very good today. ( ohmy.gif you won't hear that from me very often)

Maybe it's a good job they're not like that every week or i'd have nothing to complain about...................then again, there's always the F2s  rofl.gif

Here's looking forward to next year already....well the last Sunday in October at least

042.gif

:EDIT 1: I don't condone any of Paul's actions today, i'll just say only the blind and stupid couldn't see it coming  wink.gif

:EDIT 2: Was great to meet Crasher as well as a few others who i'd met before but were surprise and welcome visitors 

:EDIT 3: I'll ad my congratulations as well to Kevin Mcqueen on some solid drives today. But for yellow flags you's definatly have gone home with a trophy or two 

Edited by Ham 775

Got to agree, another fabulous weekend for us at the Racewall - as mentioned previously the stock rods served more contact in a lap than i usually get to see at sunny Barford in a month - more immense action from the SSCs, with two (three?) of the 4 races seeing last-corner action for the lead and of course the aforementioned 'exchanges' in the prostocks  rofl.gif  - congrats of sorts to Kev McQueen for solid performances (that came to nought booo) as well....... great to see so many familiar faces again and of course finally a thousand thanks to Chewy and Kel for the use of Chewigi's mansion again biggrin.gif

appl.gif  appl.gif

superb stuff biggrin.gif

cheers ......... Wrighty

Perhap's this certain driver's frustration would be less justified if the guy's who hold there hitler flag's stop putting them out all the time,i can not imagine how frustrating it is for a driver to be stopped every 2 lap's under a yellow to get going again only to be yellowed again........

and also i thought the jock's were a tough breed why is it that they seem to be dying then as soon as the yellow's are out they jump out of the car assess it then get back in and start at the back?not just the jock's but anyone who did that last night,why were they not banned from the rest of the meet,if they were supposedly in trouble/pain surely with the supposed strict h+s code at cowdie how the hell are they allowed to race again in the same evening when they have obviously lost a limb or something as dramatic as a little tap which winded them?

Don't know if you get the gist or not but last night for me was totally ruined by the amount of yellow flag's and driver's who were obviously crying wolf?

damn i came up for the wrong meet didn't i?blame trav rofl.gif

Perhap's this certain driver's frustration would be less justified if the guy's who hold there hitler flag's stop putting them out all the time,i can not imagine how frustrating it is for a driver to be stopped every 2 lap's under a yellow to get going again only to be yellowed again........

and also i thought the jock's were a tough breed why is it that they seem to be dying then as soon as the yellow's are out they jump out of the car assess it then get back in and start at the back?not just the jock's but anyone who did that last night,why were they not banned from the rest of the meet,if they were supposedly in trouble/pain surely with the supposed strict h+s code at cowdie how the hell are they allowed to race again in the same evening when they have obviously lost a limb or something as dramatic as a little tap which winded them?

Don't know if you get the gist or not but last night for me was totally ruined by the amount of yellow flag's and driver's who were obviously crying wolf?

Certainly dont get yer "gist"  myself as regards to whoever it was crying wolf as you put it, as the instances I recall of yellow flags were as a result of the drivers "appearing" to be in trouble,thus prompting the marshalls to raise their yellow flag to attract the attention of race control with view to then instructing waved yellows and a race suspension.

I see where youre coming from as regards to drivers who have taken a knock and have the race stopped to help them from the car, and are then allowed to rejoin the race,but this practise is allowed at almost every track ive been to over the years with it only being enforced if a driver is knocked out and has to receive medical assistance,I think myself it would be kinda harsh to stop anyone from racing a meeting if theyve hit the wall hard in say, their first heat and winded themselves as you are probably aware, at times you can recover from such a thing in a reasonablly short time, whereas a driver being knocked unconcious takes a considerable longer recovery period(Ask CHEWY or John Halifax!!)

Racewall unfortunately has the problem in the fact that due to the layout of the track that at times its extremely hard to call as regards to a yellow flag situation as at times a car/driver appears to be in a procarious position and a yellow flag is actioned only for the affore-mentioned car to drive off again without any incident,plus also cars that look to be sitting in a safe enough position after an incident are then collected by others!!!

I can sympathise with the "paying publics" frustration at what they seem to see as "Too many Yellow flags" but its a very difficult thing to call in some cases and its easy to judge from the other side of the fence at times!!

Sorry to hear you think you came up for the wrong meeting mate as I didnt think it was as bad as you seem to make it out to be, wasnt the best Ive seen by far, but Ive seen far worse and I think you'l have enjoyed todays show but on the other hand...  perhaps not!!

Today was easily the best meeting at Cowdie this season without a doubt, for all the reasons previously mentioned!

Superised nobody mentioned the 1st Saloon heat which was fantastic! With 246 Lindsay Wilson putting the bumper in on 499 David Aldous for the lead only for Lindsay to end up rolling himself in the process lol. Then Kenny Purdie lined up about 5 of them and drilled them all into turn 3. Superb stuff from the Saloons today, they certainly entertained us!

The only thing that really cheezed me off today, was the fact the format for the Saloon races was changed AFTER the first heat had been restarted twice! They decided to run 2/3rds instead of all in. I know there were 2 or 3 who turned up and didn't get out for heat 1, but how can you change a format after you've already started running a race? Pretty pants in my opinion. I wouldn't have minded 2/3rds if the race hadn't already started.

Edited by BB_622

Lol. Crasher wasn't there today Andy. Just last night, and i think most people i spoke to agreed with me that it was total crap. That's why he said he was at the wrong meeting. Today was indeed far better.

I do sympathise a bit with the marshalls regarding when to raise a yellow flag and when not to. I for one am not out to decry the marshalls who as we all know give up their time free gratis. Sometimes however there does seem to be a lack of common sense applied. After yellow flags appearing twice last night for half a marker tyre poking out into the corner a bit this afternoon 618 was left plumb in the racing line on the exit of turn 2 where he was inevitably collected by the pack.  shrug.gif

Something else that is annoying although a bit less common these days is the race steward/clerk of the course type guy who stands in the centre circle and raises his yellow flag at the first hint of trouble despite there being a marshall right next to the incident.  3.gif

As i said i'm not one for marshall bashing and i do appreciate their efforts but i'd invite you to take off your official's hat for a week or 2 next year Andy and come stand on the peasants side of the fence to see just how infuriating it can get. Hell i'll even supply the beer  thumbup.gif

P.S. Be careful Crasher. You've only been to Cowdenbeath once and already you are starting to sound like me  rofl.gif 

andy

i have to say watching today we had 1 heat in the lons where 618 sat for a lap faceing the worng way on th back straight only for the yellas to be waved once he had been tagged.....the in the same heat we had 2 guy spin off and were (safe) in the park zone on the home straight for yellas to be waved again RIGHT away!!!..oh and both guys got going again.

Not sayin that we want the drivers to be safe but you can see if someone who has never been to the wall before get a bit frustrated....as i do!!!

oh and well doen mcqeever.....get rid o the mirror thats all i can say i raced 4 meetings in my mini before my dad took it oot cos it make u go slower!!!not a being funny being truthful....i saw u go mad when the yellas came oot bashin the stearing wheel!!!!!!

anyway great meet as said already

prydie

Certainly dont get yer "gist"  myself as regards to whoever it was crying wolf as you put it, as the instances I recall of yellow flags were as a result of the drivers "appearing" to be in trouble,thus prompting the marshalls to raise their yellow flag to attract the attention of race control with view to then instructing waved yellows and a race suspension.

I see where youre coming from as regards to drivers who have taken a knock and have the race stopped to help them from the car, and are then allowed to rejoin the race,but this practise is allowed at almost every track ive been to over the years with it only being enforced if a driver is knocked out and has to receive medical assistance,I think myself it would be kinda harsh to stop anyone from racing a meeting if theyve hit the wall hard in say, their first heat and winded themselves as you are probably aware, at times you can recover from such a thing in a reasonablly short time, whereas a driver being knocked unconcious takes a considerable longer recovery period(Ask CHEWY or John Halifax!!)

Racewall unfortunately has the problem in the fact that due to the layout of the track that at times its extremely hard to call as regards to a yellow flag situation as at times a car/driver appears to be in a procarious position and a yellow flag is actioned only for the affore-mentioned car to drive off again without any incident,plus also cars that look to be sitting in a safe enough position after an incident are then collected by others!!!

I can sympathise with the "paying publics" frustration at what they seem to see as "Too many Yellow flags" but its a very difficult thing to call in some cases and its easy to judge from the other side of the fence at times!!

Sorry to hear you think you came up for the wrong meeting mate as I didnt think it was as bad as you seem to make it out to be, wasnt the best Ive seen by far, but Ive seen far worse and I think you'l have enjoyed todays show but on the other hand...  perhaps not!!

ok fair point andy i didnt say or put my point across properly what i was really peeved off about was not a clue who it was but was in the loon's and 2 guys had tangled and come to rest on the back straight against the inner fence with the guy in a red car,can't remember his number had sat there for 2 lap's and then thought hang on i don't like it here so signalled the marshall's that he wasn't ok,yellow's out he jumped literally out of his car looked around it and i thought that was out of order.this was also when the guy who got the yellow's brought out was shielded behind another car who was facing the racing way,so i couldn't understand how he was allowed to carry on in the meet,i actually don't know if he did or not but there wasn't anything wrong with him and it just annoy's me.

I don't mean to sound to negative about the meet last night as it was a whole new experience for me as it was my 1st visit but the yellow's really spoiled it for me as how many guys were actually injured in the meeting?i understand that if a wheel is astray they have to put the flag's out but a f2 rolled on the pit turn on the infield layby and the yellow's came out then?.

I know i am leaving myself open to all sort's of criticism here by saying these thing's but it is just how i saw it,and i havent really been around the sport for basically 5 years so it is probably just my view is clouded as to what it was like then compared to now.

Aparently as we were leaving last night you said hello to me when you were with trav and i was on my phone or something so hello and i wasnt being ignorant sign13.gif

saying that though dare i say it all the guys around me hated moodie and it created a cracking atmosphere which was fantastic and when he won the coc he got quite a bit of abuse when he came around that bend and was good to see him give them all a good wave which created a bigger cheer which got them going even more,and on the night having never seen him race before i actually think he is a top class driver(and i know i will get a load of stick for saying that)but well done to 82 for winning the final was good when the lap's were under green scared15.gif  sign09.gif

The only thing that really cheezed me off today, was the fact the format for the Saloon races was changed AFTER the first heat had been restarted twice! They decided to run 2/3rds instead of all in. I know there were 2 or 3 who turned up and didn't get out for heat 1, but how can you change a format after you've already started running a race? Pretty pants in my opinion. I wouldn't have minded 2/3rds if the race hadn't already started.

Agree with ya 99% there BB!!!

Problem being today was that the race format was made up at 12:45, just 15 minutes before the meeting was due to start,where at that particular time there was a grand total of 24 saloons sitting in the pits,obviously not enough to warrant split heats,hence the all in format being chosen.

Come the time for the first saloon heat there was now 33 or so cars in the pits and with the board in the pits still stating all in,we then had a large field of cars on track!!

It was then allowed to go ahead and after you witnessed,2 red flags within as many laps it was decided that a 2/3rds format should be applied,not the best way of doing it I agree but with the prospect of race suspension after race suspension occuring and the knowledge of how much you folks dont like yellow flags it was decided to adopt this procedure(I was kidding about the bit about you not liking the yellow flags by the way!!)

The ensuing race containing 2/3rds proved to be good entertainmant in the end and during that time another 3 cars arrived in the pits!!!

Once again I appreciate what you all are saying, heck Ive been watching the racing for 25 or so years before I donned my "Hat" and gawd knows how many times Ive witnessed yellow flags being raised only for the car to get going again and other instances for the car to be sitting in what looks a safe enough position only for it to be walloped!!!

You wouldnt believe the grief the marshalls get from punters as a regard to this,for when they dont put  a yellow out and someone gets damage one week, then the next time a yellow gets put out and the car then gets goin again and the punters favourite or whatever who is leading by a country mile then loses the race after the pack is closed up behind them, moans as a yellow was called in this particular instance!!

Its a fact of life as regards racing unfortunately, some ya win, some ya lose!!

We cant get it right all the time unfortunately,it just seems its a no win situation!!

I'll indeed take Ham up on his offer of watching from the peasents side of the fence some time next year and it'll be interesting to see if its indeed as cut n dried as it seems to be,but its all things like this that makes the racing how it is, it would be boring otherwise if everything went according to plan now wouldnt it?

whistling.gif

P.S

I prefer bottled beer to tins!! 2.gif

Just on the other side though i would also like to say thanks for the marshall's for whatever they do as end of day they are just as important as the driver's as without them there isnt anyracing anyhow,and that isnt me back tracking and trying to get browny point's as they get all the calls wrong anyhow rofl.gif

I wasn't there but I believe that if a driver is the cause of a yellow flag, they should not be allowed to compete in the rest of the race, that would stop drivers stopping, getting yellows, then rejoining. It's a process that is applied in speedway, cause of stoppage, disqualified from race.

cheers

sparky

Guest Scrapman53

Thought it was wrecked? I had a Cavi 10 times worse than that! Couple of hours work with the Dozer, Porti and welder, 2 new wings and a bonnet and it handled a lot better. lol. (Repairing it was also one up on the guy that wrecked it).  thumbs_up.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..