uk dirt bangers problem

dangerous damo

ive downloaded uk dirt bangers and 99% of the game is fine but several of the cars in most of the classes are red. i mean as in totally red with no numbers or sign writing. any ideas?

Edited by dangerous damo

Need to download all the skinpacks too

ive downloaded all the skinpacks- 2litres, teams, pre-68's, unlimiteds, metros and the offline packs as well. does this mean there is a problem with the ones ive downloaded, ie- do i need to re-download them?

update the car manager ...ie swap unlimiteds for 2Litres???

ive played the game using all of the different car packs and some of them are still red.  any other ideas

Check the drivers.txt in each of the folders e.g Unlimiteds, 2 litres etc etc and make sure there are lots of different drivers entries.

Check the drivers.txt in each of the folders e.g Unlimiteds, 2 litres etc etc and make sure there are lots of different drivers entries.

most of the problems are on the offline packs. one of the cars which is red is nutty nige. i had a look in drivers. txt and this was the entry in their for him:

table Driver

number 421

name Nigel Riley

chassis cadhearse

rank 1

race_image 100

body_style ccar

end

but on the unlimiteds one of the cars which is red is j766 but this car is not on the in-game car list or is there an entry in drivers.txt for it. does this mean ill have to make an entry for it in drivers.txt along with all the other missing drivers?

do u mean when playing online there red as this is just a case that ur not in the same skin pack as other people

ive never raced online yet so i cant answer that one. sorry.

ive double checked and its only a few of  the unlimiteds and a few of the offline bangers(real driver skins). most of the cars on these packs are fine just the odd ones which appear red, appart from the wheels which are normal. ill see if i can put a picture on here so you can see what i mean.

most of the problems are on the offline packs. one of the cars which is red is nutty nige. i had a look in drivers. txt and this was the entry in their for him:

table Driver

number 421

name Nigel Riley

chassis cadhearse

rank 1

race_image 100

body_style ccar

end

but on the unlimiteds one of the cars which is red is j766 but this car is not on the in-game car list or is there an entry in drivers.txt for it. does this mean ill have to make an entry for it in drivers.txt along with all the other missing drivers?

looking at that you seem to have same prob as me are all your drivers text like above or are they like below?

table Driver

number 421

name Nigel Riley

chassis cadhearse

rank 1

race_image 100

body_style ccar

end

If you have both types change to the one above and you should see all the cars.

The car manager deletes and copies across the drivers.txt and .car files from each of the subfolders.

If you edit your drivers.txt in the main bangers folder, it will just be replaced by an old, unedited version the next time you switch away from that set of cars and back again.

I think, anyway. It was a looong time ago when I wrote it. biggrin.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..