graphics cards

travel

hi all just bought colin mcrae 05 and found out it will not compatible with the geforce 4mx range and yes ive got a nvida geforce 4 mx420 graphics card in my puter so guess theres nowt i can do to play it ?????

so is it worth buying a new graphics card just to play mcrae 05 and if i did buy a new graphics card are they easy to install or should i take it to a shop to have it done?????????? game was only £17 so not to gutted

cheers trav not sure what to do

lo i wud go and by a new graphic card if i had same problem card i have got is a nvidia geforce 6600 gtoc,agp 8x4x 128 gddr3 tis one of the best graphic cards money can by at the mo was 199 quid b4 chrimbo sales then reduced to 99 quid not sure if its still this price very easy to install just remove old graphic card and put new 1 in puter will automatically detect new card then install the drivers that come with card not only will it make colin mcrae better it will also make all other games run better don't take it too a shop they will rip u of good style only takes about 10 mins to do it yourself 2.gif

Hi trav

Just read the game specifications and it says it only needs a 64MB video card, don't know why it won't go with yours tho shrug.gif ...I say a brand new decent 64 meg card will cost around 20 - 30 pounds, and they go on ebay for quite cheap as well!

If ya did buy a new card, so simple to install!...Open up the case, look for the 3/4 white slots on the motherboard(PCI SLOTS) and insert the card into one of them, screw it to the case and your done! You will then have to install the drivers from the CD the card came with.

upto you m8! thumbs_up.gif

Guest Scrapman53

Not sure if an up to date card will be suitable with Travs' Motherboard though. Most new cards are either 1.5 volt or (0.8?) volt, whereas older 4x agp were 3.3 volt. My last motherboard had a light next to the AGP slot that turned green if the correct card(1.5 volt) was installed and red if it was the wrong card (3.3 volt) with the PC switched off to avoid damage to the motherboard. Worth asking someone that knows about this before you go and splash the cash I recon Trav.

WB Pedz. thumbs_up.gif GTOC means GT Overclocked, so it's spec is slightly higher than the GT but not as high as an Ultra.

cheers lads went out and got a new card never spent as much as i would like as had to buy a new bed aswell so bankrupted myself in 1 day lol got a nvidia geforce

fx5700 and it plays mcrae 5 like a dream well worth it and what a game it is to thanks for help lads

also whats tv out all about? is it if i want to run say a dvd from my puter to tv??

thanks travel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..