A proper banger racing question!!!

sashjag

There is one person who makes a living out of Banger Racing, and thats Cecil (Spedeworth's finest)

He makes a living out of building bangers for people to race, hes got his own busines "Cicil'sRent a Rookie" he seems to be doing quite well from it to, theres a Team that must just build bangers all day for people, but they all race to and do well, heres his website

Lots of stuff to check out there

Rikard

Edited by Rikard

I forgot to mention that Rikard. If you are good and quick at making bangers then you can maybe make a living out of that like FWJ in the F1s does. Heck of a lot of work involved though, i wouldn't do it.

If you make up H frames, sweat tanks and the like, you can subsidise your racing, as well as flogging the bits you strip off your cars, but I wouldnt fancy trying to make a go of it.

That said, I did work for a garage a few years ago, and all I did was build the owners bangers for him.

Cushty work if you can get it!

mushy for example the [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b]!

cheerz tombo

any need for that tombo???

grow up or go away this is a forum that respect's the fact that kid's read it and so language like that isn't right on here,especially when you are supposedly 13 yourself it may well be big to say word's like that but at the end of the day any one over 20 just read's that post and think's DICK :shrug:

cheerz tombo

Again, was there any need for that?

It doesn't even make sense to me!

cheerz tombo

any need for that tombo???

grow up or go away this is a forum that respect's the fact that kid's read it and so language like that isn't right on here,especially when you are supposedly 13 yourself it may well be big to say word's like that but at the end of the day any one over 20 just read's that post and think's DICK :shrug:

No need for you're language either crasher, thought u would have known better, a 13 year old has an excuse, you don't.

cheers

sparky

Ahh ok then, that explains it... so becuase he is a higher rank than us,(if you want to call it that) he thinks he can go around saying what ever he feels like, that is just taking his power(and i use that phrase with sarcasem)for granted!!!!

reed on the rules m8 ok, it says not:2.3] Name calling or harrassment of any kind directed towards another member or members will not be tolerated.

[2.4] Messages posted with vulgarity, explicit sexual reference, or obscene images will be deleted and a warning issued. We do have a language filter in place but there will always be words missing from the filter so be careful. Links or references to mature content sites will be removed. Help keep our forum clean, and a cut above the rest.

M8, im only 16 and i am quit imature but in this case i had to say it, and on a different topic,(Bill Batten) i was called a muppet aswell!!

332-Sashjag

oh god here we go again.

sparky you know why i said that and yes you are right i shouldn't have said it but i am just peed off with the down wiv it am i bovvered brigade taking over ukdirt forum.

that was a slip on my part as in the past i have stuck up for you and also slated you aswell but guess you have put yourself on that side of the fence now :unsure:

and sashjag im sure you are from the plympton area and you have asked the question who is bill batten so if that is the case why are you in a league related to STOCK CAR RACING when you obviously havent the foggiest idea about it?

and no i am not part of the admin team i am too outspoken to even be considered for a role in admin,not taking anything away from them but i cannot hold my tongue when,And i quote"muppet's"such as yourself and old mr sparky rear there ugly head's to create a bit of fun on the forum. :thumbup:

EDIT :::::::::;

AND TO ANSWER THE QUESTION OF THE TOPIC THAT YOU STARTED,WHY WOULD SOMEBODY MAKE A LIVING OUT OF BANGER RACING IT'S A HOBBY FOR SUPPOSEDLY WORKING CLASS PEOPLE TO GET INVOLVED IN?

Edited by crasher407

oh and sashjap i have been involved with f1's since 1981 when my dad started racing,however he had been spectating since the 50's before that,and one of my brothers started racing in 86ish i started racing in 91 and my other brother started racing in 98 ish? so no that doesnt give me a right to be the authority on it but it does give me some street cred like?????????

Ahh ok then, that explains it... so becuase he is a higher rank than us,(if you want to call it that) he thinks he can go around saying what ever he feels like, that is just taking his power(and i use that phrase with sarcasem)for granted!!!!

Psssst Sashjag....

Says you are an advanced member too :shrug:

:blowup: goes that theory mate!! ;)

Has anyone heard of a Craig Daniel Smith? :blahblah::pokey:

:thumbup:

yeah think he got banned for being gay in f1's or can i not say that aswell :rofl:

yeah think he got banned for being gay in f1's or can i not say that aswell :rofl:

He got banned for being gay? Quite right.

He got banned for being gay? Quite right.

lol i would say

oh god here we go again.

sparky you know why i said that and yes you are right i shouldn't have said it but i am just peed off with the down wiv it am i bovvered brigade taking over ukdirt forum.

that was a slip on my part as in the past i have stuck up for you and also slated you aswell but guess you have put yourself on that side of the fence now :unsure:

and sashjag im sure you are from the plympton area and you have asked the question who is bill batten so if that is the case why are you in a league related to STOCK CAR RACING when you obviously havent the foggiest idea about it?

and no i am not part of the admin team i am too outspoken to even be considered for a role in admin,not taking anything away from them but i cannot hold my tongue when,And i quote"muppet's"such as yourself and old mr sparky rear there ugly head's to create a bit of fun on the forum. :thumbup:

EDIT :::::::::;

AND TO ANSWER THE QUESTION OF THE TOPIC THAT YOU STARTED,WHY WOULD SOMEBODY MAKE A LIVING OUT OF BANGER RACING IT'S A HOBBY FOR SUPPOSEDLY WORKING CLASS PEOPLE TO GET INVOLVED IN?

No im from stonehouse. and i think you are appologising so, you are forgiven.. oh and 1 thing, its Sashjag not Sashjap..

Mushy's winnings must cover a lot of his costs but think how much time he spends building and travelling, plus he doesn't work alone. I'm sure any money he wins gets split with his spannermen. He's a superb dríver and i'd love to put him on a long track to see how quick he really is!

Cecil has made bangers his job, he builds bangers for me and is very, very cheap when you consider what you get for your money. I live in a second floor flat in sw london and don't even own a car, but i'm racing Sunday at Wimbledon in the rookie banger London championship. Cecil's built and signwritten a 1.6 sunny estate for me and including spedeworth fees it's come in at £195! All i have to do is turn up and race. What a bargain. Plus Cecil stays true to his roots and still races frequently.

Mushy's winnings must cover a lot of his costs but think how much time he spends building and travelling, plus he doesn't work alone. I'm sure any money he wins gets split with his spannermen. He's a superb dríver and i'd love to put him on a long track to see how quick he really is!

Cecil has made bangers his job, he builds bangers for me and is very, very cheap when you consider what you get for your money. I live in a second floor flat in sw london and don't even own a car, but i'm racing Sunday at Wimbledon in the rookie banger London championship. Cecil's built and signwritten a 1.6 sunny estate for me and including spedeworth fees it's come in at £195! All i have to do is turn up and race. What a bargain. Plus Cecil stays true to his roots and still races frequently.

By the way crasher i've been watching bangers since 1979 and i'm middle class, hope thats ok ;)

By the way crasher i've been watching bangers since 1979 and i'm middle class, hope thats ok ;)

so your middle class and you hire banger's so don't take this the wrong way but f1's are supposedly a working man's hobby yet you now say you are middle classed and hiring a banger sorry but that's just not right :011:

ino sorry i didnt think but ive read a post on here that was so much worse than that why done, y dont you have ago at them ????

cheerz tombo

I hope you're not talking about my "Quite Right" post?

Crasher, not only is F1 a working mans sport but most drivers own their own business. Any driver that doesn't own their own business doesn't last long in the world of F1 especially if they have a wif a kids, just ask my dad!

Crasher, not only is F1 a working mans sport but most drivers own their own business. Any driver that doesn't own their own business doesn't last long in the world of F1 especially if they have a wif a kids, just ask my dad!

i would love to ask your dad that question as i'm sure he would totally disagree with it being a working man's sport even when he was racing it wasn't a working mans sport,i can remember your dad getting to red i think for one or two grading's and loved it as i classed your dad as a budget racer but working man's sport no more and it hasn't been since way before your dad got that twinkle in his eye and planted your good self :thumbup:

Edited by crasher407

Yes he was on a tight budget and he did get to red for one month and wished i was there to see it but he would have been a higher grade more reguarly probably but only got half the possible points because he shared his car with his brother.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..