A proper banger racing question!!!

sashjag

Yes he was on a tight budget and he did get to red for one month and wished i was there to see it but he would have been a higher grade more reguarly probably but only got half the possible points because he shared his car with his brother.

i know colin 135 was the brother i can remember the disgust i had when they brought out the last car with the decent paint job as i liked the car with the shark teeth :thumbup:

Aye the famous jaws car. Thats why Colins son, (my cousin) has the nickname 'jaws' nickname but doesn't post much on this forum but is thinking of becoming a paid member soon.

Actually their are two pictures of that jaws car in the room i am sitting in right now! one at bradford and one at stoke. Both tracks have sadly resigned from F1. :thumbs_down:

Mushy's winnings must cover a lot of his costs but think how much time he spends building and travelling, plus he doesn't work alone. I'm sure any money he wins gets split with his spannermen. He's a superb dríver and i'd love to put him on a long track to see how quick he really is!

Cecil has made bangers his job, he builds bangers for me and is very, very cheap when you consider what you get for your money. I live in a second floor flat in sw london and don't even own a car, but i'm racing Sunday at Wimbledon in the rookie banger London championship. Cecil's built and signwritten a 1.6 sunny estate for me and including spedeworth fees it's come in at £195! All i have to do is turn up and race. What a bargain. Plus Cecil stays true to his roots and still races frequently.

By the way crasher i've been watching bangers since 1979 and i'm middle class, hope thats ok ;)

so your middle class and you hire banger's so don't take this the wrong way but f1's are supposedly a working man's hobby yet you now say you are middle classed and hiring a banger sorry but that's just not right :011:

Mushy's winnings must cover a lot of his costs but think how much time he spends building and travelling, plus he doesn't work alone. I'm sure any money he wins gets split with his spannermen. He's a superb dríver and i'd love to put him on a long track to see how quick he really is!

Cecil has made bangers his job, he builds bangers for me and is very, very cheap when you consider what you get for your money. I live in a second floor flat in sw london and don't even own a car, but i'm racing Sunday at Wimbledon in the rookie banger London championship. Cecil's built and signwritten a 1.6 sunny estate for me and including spedeworth fees it's come in at £195! All i have to do is turn up and race. What a bargain. Plus Cecil stays true to his roots and still races frequently.

By the way crasher i've been watching bangers since 1979 and i'm middle class, hope thats ok ;)

so your middle class and you hire banger's so don't take this the wrong way but f1's are supposedly a working man's hobby yet you now say you are middle classed and hiring a banger sorry but that's just not right :011:

My point is that who cares about class? What groups us is our love of short circuit racing. We all wanna get on the track and Cecil lets me do that. If he makes a living in the process then good for him. No matter what track you go to or who you support, everyone has a good time. I was at Hednesford wearing my South beenie and it was sweet all day. Not many sports where that happens.

My point is that who cares about class? What groups us is our love of short circuit racing. We all wanna get on the track and Cecil lets me do that. If he makes a living in the process then good for him. No matter what track you go to or who you support, everyone has a good time. I was at Hednesford wearing my South beenie and it was sweet all day. Not many sports where that happens.

fair point class has nothing to do with it apart from the money you can throw at it which is my biggest bug bear as bangers are supposedly the lowest of the low in terms of money etc etc but they can cost a bomb these days :shrug:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..